MELBOURNE 2009

Old May 14th 2009, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

ronnie98 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: MELBOURNE 2009

Originally Posted by CodeMonkey
We have decided to rent ours out as hubby is going for permanent visa we were advised that tax wise it pays to rent out and sell after we have been in Oz for a full Australian tax year, the Australians then give you a 50% tax break on capital gains. It also frees us up to move asap. We are also going for meds next week, you aren't going to Cambridge by any chance? We are based in Cambourne about 7 miles west of Cambridge, if you are nearby then maybe we could meet up. It could help the kids out to know they are in the same situation, although ours are currently pretty cool about it - could be the PMA the OH and I have on the whole adventure.
they couldnt do the day that we needed so we going to nottingham on the 26th, shame because a meet up would of been great.
What does your fella do, Im a plumber and my wife works in reception class.
ronnie
Old Jun 19th 2009, 5:18 am
Just Joined

Inventra.Roo is an unknown quantity at this point

I find it funny that people keep on putting down Point Cook as somewhere that has no life.

There is now a great town centre and loads of parks around. It is safe and welcoming and it is very easy to get into the city. The nearest station is a 5 minute drive or an long walk, but there are buses and the trains to the city are every 20 minutes. Plus it is only $3 for all day travel on the train/tram on a Sunday. Werribee is ok for night life an dis 10 minutes away and Williamstown which is great is only 20 minutes away if that!

The city is 20 minutes maximum, unless you travel between 7 and 9 am. I know I travel across town every day to work. My partner cycles to work and he works in the city.

The surf coast is less than an hour away and I would rather be at any of the surf coast beaches than any on the bay any day of the week. You can go to South Werribee on an evening or Williamstown for a BBQ.

Everything in the east is a fair hike, but so what, an hour and I am in the Yarra Valley!

Finally I would say, visit places before you commit, they may not be what you expect, good and bad!

Schools, wouldn't know, but the best schools in VIC are near my work and they charge $6000 a term. Everyone I know with kids hasn't complained about the schools in PC.
Old Jun 19th 2009, 6:18 am
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

I think it comes across as having no soul which is common for new areas.

I am sure everything you have said is correct. Having only driven through you would be a better person to judge.

Assuming your going somewhere like Ringwood I assume you take the Toll roads all the way just out of curiosity whats the cost of that?
Old Jun 19th 2009, 10:33 am
Happy Camper

CodeMonkey is just really niceCodeMonkey is just really niceCodeMonkey is just really niceCodeMonkey is just really niceCodeMonkey is just really niceCodeMonkey is just really niceCodeMonkey is just really niceCodeMonkey is just really nice

Originally Posted by ronnie98
they couldnt do the day that we needed so we going to nottingham on the 26th, shame because a meet up would of been great.
What does your fella do, Im a plumber and my wife works in reception class.
ronnie
Hi Ronnie
OH is in IT and I am currently a housewife and full time student and will be doing my finals for a BSc in Psychology in October with the Open University. Hence the move later this year, we can't go any quicker. How is your application going? We are still awaiting news having done police/medical checks and supplied extra paperwork. Beginning to wonder whether the quota has been filled for this financial year and it will be next month, or it could be we were given so many weeks to get stuff back and they have filed us away until that day!! Still so long as we hear in next few months we will be happy, we have got so much to get done before we go. Decided to rent house out as valuation pretty dire, but that means a repaint and lots of minor repairs to fill up the weekends!!
Regards Karen
Old Jun 19th 2009, 5:33 pm
Tired but Happy

poshrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CodeMonkey
Hi Ronnie
OH is in IT and I am currently a housewife and full time student and will be doing my finals for a BSc in Psychology in October with the Open University. Hence the move later this year, we can't go any quicker. How is your application going? We are still awaiting news having done police/medical checks and supplied extra paperwork. Beginning to wonder whether the quota has been filled for this financial year and it will be next month, or it could be we were given so many weeks to get stuff back and they have filed us away until that day!! Still so long as we hear in next few months we will be happy, we have got so much to get done before we go. Decided to rent house out as valuation pretty dire, but that means a repaint and lots of minor repairs to fill up the weekends!!
Regards Karen
hi we have just lodged our pr application but we are already in australia and our migration agency told us that they have reached their quota for this fy so will be begininning of next fingers crossed everything will go ok good luck with your application
Old Jun 20th 2009, 8:58 am
Happy Camper

CodeMonkey is just really niceCodeMonkey is just really niceCodeMonkey is just really niceCodeMonkey is just really niceCodeMonkey is just really niceCodeMonkey is just really niceCodeMonkey is just really niceCodeMonkey is just really nice

Originally Posted by poshrice
hi we have just lodged our pr application but we are already in australia and our migration agency told us that they have reached their quota for this fy so will be begininning of next fingers crossed everything will go ok good luck with your application
I had a feeling that they may have reached quota limit, it is VERY quiet on the forum front!!! Still so long as we hear something soon into the next fy that will be fine. Hopefully the visa dep't have lots of inkpads and stamps ready for a big jolly on 1st July!!!! Hope you settle in well, let me know how you get on. Which part of the area are you moving to? Good schools or not found out yet? If you are any where near Sanctuary Lakes then I hope you are happy, I am a gut instinct person and fell in love with it at Easter and just know that we will end up in that area!! Could be something to do with the AAF at Werribee (all those uniformed men around!! Don't tell the OH!!). Anyway good luck with it all. Karen