MELBOURNE 2009

Old Jan 16th 2009, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

suzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nice
Talking MELBOURNE 2009

Hi

Not sure if there's already a thread like this going so if there is I apologise!

We're moving to Melbourne in October and would like to know who else is moving this year? we are a young family and would love to meet up with other expats once there so I'll get the ball rolling and introduce us, Im Suzy im 25 and I'm a stay at home mum, my husband Stewart is 31 he's a Barber, we have 2 children, Mia 5 and Taylor, 1.

Have been looking at a couple of areas Altona and Frankston(they seem cheaper) and would be interested to know where other people are going. We not quite sure where to start to be honest!

So if you're going to Melbourne this year make yourself known!
Old Jan 16th 2009, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

suzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nice
Default Re: [B][/B] MELBOURNE 2009

Originally Posted by suzyambrose
Hi

Not sure if there's already a thread like this going so if there is I apologise!

We're moving to Melbourne in October and would like to know who else is moving this year? we are a young family and would love to meet up with other expats once there so I'll get the ball rolling and introduce us, Im Suzy im 25 and I'm a stay at home mum, my husband Stewart is 31 he's a Barber, we have 2 children, Mia 5 and Taylor, 1.

Have been looking at a couple of areas Altona and Frankston(they seem cheaper) and would be interested to know where other people are going. We not quite sure where to start to be honest!

Don't know what I did to the title!?
Old Jan 16th 2009, 1:38 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know what I did to the title!?
You tried to put it in bold maybe? Only comes up in bold on people's lists until they read it the normal codes don't work on titles. I'll fix it up for you.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 1:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You tried to put it in bold maybe? Only comes up in bold on people's lists until they read it the normal codes don't work on titles. I'll fix it up for you.
Oh thanks very much I wondered why it was never bold!
Old Jan 16th 2009, 3:30 pm
Just Joined

asbo123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MELBOURNE 2009

hello suzyambrose we are looking to return to the melbourne area sometime in late 2009, we lived on the mornington penninsla before and it is very likely we will return to the same area as we have friends/work contacts etc, don,t know if you have come across britvics website yet but there is loads of usefull info and very helpfull people on there, good luck, sven
Old Jan 16th 2009, 7:40 pm
CDM
BE Enthusiast

CDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud of

My wife, I and our 2 small children are hoping to move to Melbourne also this year. We applied for our visa in August and are hoping it will come through in the next few months.

We're not sure exactly where we're going but I would expect to be working in the CBD and we have relatives in Frankston North so somewhere that is reasonably commutable to both locations is where I'd expect we'd end up eventually. We've looked at placed like Lydfood and Lyndhurst and that general area of town.

Ideally, we'd like to build a new house within a year of arrival but with the downtun the way it is (I'm currently out of work and we're already eating into our Australia funds at the moment), the future isn't clear.

- CDM
Old Jan 16th 2009, 11:30 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

I just did....yesterday in fact!
Old Jan 16th 2009, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

The Gold Gang has a brilliant futureThe Gold Gang has a brilliant futureThe Gold Gang has a brilliant futureThe Gold Gang has a brilliant futureThe Gold Gang has a brilliant futureThe Gold Gang has a brilliant futureThe Gold Gang has a brilliant future

Hi BCworld,

Why did you move from Brissie to Melbourne, if you don't mind me asking?

Also, you are in East Kilda, I know its very nice, isn't is very expensive also?
(Sorry, not meaning to be nosy, you may have pots of dosh for all I know)...
Old Jan 16th 2009, 11:58 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bcworld
I just did....yesterday in fact!
Welcome to Melbourne.
Old Jan 17th 2009, 2:20 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

suzyambrose;

Altona has lots of industry & very busy on the roads, frankston used to be cheap but its becoming popular with families these days, where ever you live the price of housing is expensive so the closer to the city the more expense its as simple as that.

all the best to you when you get here
Old Jan 17th 2009, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CDM
My wife, I and our 2 small children are hoping to move to Melbourne also this year. We applied for our visa in August and are hoping it will come through in the next few months.

We're not sure exactly where we're going but I would expect to be working in the CBD and we have relatives in Frankston North so somewhere that is reasonably commutable to both locations is where I'd expect we'd end up eventually. We've looked at placed like Lydfood and Lyndhurst and that general area of town.

Ideally, we'd like to build a new house within a year of arrival but with the downtun the way it is (I'm currently out of work and we're already eating into our Australia funds at the moment), the future isn't clear.

- CDM
Sorry to hear you're out of work hopefully something will come soon, we haven't even got an Australia fund yet trying to pay off debts etc. as much as poss before we make the move.

Never been to Melbourne so finding it difficult deciding where to go I don't think we'll decide properly on a specific area until we get there and have a good look around. Struggling to find cheap short term acommodation as it is never mind long term!
Old Jan 17th 2009, 9:19 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Never been to Melbourne so finding it difficult deciding where to go I don't think we'll decide properly on a specific area until we get there and have a good look around. Struggling to find cheap short term acommodation
http://www.moving-to-melbourne.co.uk...ommodation.htm

Adding to Arthers comments anywhere within walking distance of the beach will also retain a high value all along the bay.

If you are considering Frankston also consider Seaford and Carrum areas which have undergone alot of changes in the last 18 months/2 years.

Also watch out for hidden costs with accomodation (ie ++++ costs, it is known for some to charge up to $200 for a service everyone else provides free.)Look out for other good deals ie free use of cars, broadband no extra charges for extra people etc.

Did you have a budget in mind as there are numerous posters who have second homes who do let out to fellow arrivals for cheaper rates
Old Jan 17th 2009, 9:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
http://www.moving-to-melbourne.co.uk...ommodation.htm

Adding to Arthers comments anywhere within walking distance of the beach will also retain a high value all along the bay.

If you are considering Frankston also consider Seaford and Carrum areas which have undergone alot of changes in the last 18 months/2 years.

Also watch out for hidden costs with accomodation (ie ++++ costs, it is known for some to charge up to $200 for a service everyone else provides free.)Look out for other good deals ie free use of cars, broadband no extra charges for extra people etc.

Did you have a budget in mind as there are numerous posters who have second homes who do let out to fellow arrivals for cheaper rates

Had a look at that website, think the acommodation is a bit out of our price range, staying somewhere that's $100 a night for 2 weeks - maybe longer definitely adds up! Don't want to be out in the sticks really, no more than an hours drive from the City I would say.

Long term somewhere not too far from the beach, within walking distance (can't afford it on our doorstep) don't fancy having to drive 30mins to take the kids to the sea, but also somewhere that's not a million miles away from the city and suitable for young families on an average wage.

Am I dreaming lol!
Old Jan 17th 2009, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

Simo429 is just really niceSimo429 is just really niceSimo429 is just really niceSimo429 is just really niceSimo429 is just really niceSimo429 is just really niceSimo429 is just really niceSimo429 is just really nice

hi

were not moving to melbourne this year but were planning to visit in june when ive finished my PGCE!

should be coming out for about 16 days and im really excited! not doing so much of the tourist things but were planning on doing a sort of wanted down under week (without doing the card flicking)

ive arranged to visit an australian school, we'll look at a few houses in a few diff areas and the like
Old Jan 18th 2009, 6:54 am
Reg. Migration Agent

Les Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to behold

For current costs of Australian accommodation, both for rental and purchase go to http://www.realestate.com.au.

You can search on your budget or location.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.