Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Emirates Hand luggage

Emirates Hand luggage

Old May 10th 2009, 12:04 pm
Banned

Keith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Emirates Hand luggage

Hello,

I am thinking of booking a flight with the Emirates Airline, now obviously i cannot get my drum kit in my luggage, but was wondering what i could get in?

Does anyone know what is the size or weight limit of your hand luggage?

You see i have a bag, its a nice bag, quite a large one, its green. The sizes are;

Length 50cm
Width 27cm
Height 30cm

Will this size be ok to take on board as my hand luggage, or is it too big?

Cheers Keith
Old May 10th 2009, 12:06 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emirates Hand luggage

Originally Posted by Keith Moon
Hello,

I am thinking of booking a flight with the Emirates Airline, now obviously i cannot get my drum kit in my luggage, but was wondering what i could get in?

Does anyone know what is the size or weight limit of your hand luggage?

You see i have a bag, its a nice bag, quite a large one, its green. The sizes are;

Length 50cm
Width 27cm
Height 30cm

Will this size be ok to take on board as my hand luggage, or is it too big?

Cheers Keith
No way will they allow that as hand luggage. Green bags are banned.
Old May 10th 2009, 2:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

See here - http://www.emirates.com/english/help...x?faqId=214915
Old May 10th 2009, 2:58 pm
Banned

Keith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louie
Thanks very much louie.

Mine is;

Length 50cm Width 27cm Height 30cm

or

Length 50cm Height 30cm Width 27cm

Economy Class passengers are permitted one (1) piece of carry-on baggage, subject to the following size and weight limitations:

Handbag: 55 cm x 38 cm x 20 cm (22” x 15” x 8”)

Do you thinik i wll get away with it? Otherwide it's Tesco carrier bags, i love my green bag!
Old May 11th 2009, 3:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

If your bag is oversized have somebody hide around the corner while you check in and pass it to you after
Old May 11th 2009, 4:42 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deutschmaster
If your bag is oversized have somebody hide around the corner while you check in and pass it to you after
A well practiced trick by us seasoned travellers
Old May 11th 2009, 8:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Deutschmaster
Be careful, when we flew with Emirates they labelled all our hand luggage and weighed it and wrote the weight of each piece of luggage on the label.We were also told any extra to whatwe had labels/weight for would be charged.We were over on weight and the guy let us stuff some bits into our suitcases and the rest we loaded into our pockets.They didn't actually weigh the bags again but it made us not put any more into them and other people tol us they had had their hand luggage weighed again.
Old May 11th 2009, 9:35 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Babsw
Be careful, when we flew with Emirates they labelled all our hand luggage and weighed it and wrote the weight of each piece of luggage on the label.We were also told any extra to whatwe had labels/weight for would be charged.We were over on weight and the guy let us stuff some bits into our suitcases and the rest we loaded into our pockets.They didn't actually weigh the bags again but it made us not put any more into them and other people tol us they had had their hand luggage weighed again.
Umm, you gotta me worried now, is there any way without massive cost to get two suitcases each on a migration flight with an already validated visa?

I love my green bag.
Old May 11th 2009, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Umm, you gotta me worried now, is there any way without massive cost to get two suitcases each on a migration flight with an already validated visa?

I love my green bag.

Don't forget that you are potentially allowed 37 kgs in economy now. 30 kgs in the hold and 7 kgs in the cabin.
Old May 11th 2009, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

I love my green bag.
Don't forget with Emirates, you potentially get an allowance of 37 kgs in economy now. 30 kgs in the hold and 7 kgs in the cabin.
Old May 11th 2009, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

Has that come in recently? We flew Oct 2008 and were allowed 20kg per person and 7kg each in hand luggage ( a laptop bag was allowed as an extra) and that was in economy.
Old May 11th 2009, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Has that come in recently? We flew Oct 2008 and were allowed 20kg per person and 7kg each in hand luggage ( a laptop bag was allowed as an extra) and that was in economy.
Yes, last week http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=608121
Old May 11th 2009, 11:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Wow, thats terrific news!
Now you can get that that green bag checked in as luggage if they won't accept it as hand luggage.
Must tell my OH as he is travelling back to UK for a family wedding,
aha! just thought: he booked his flight before xmas so it won't count for him will it? Didn't it say booking s before May 2009?
Old May 11th 2009, 11:44 am
Banned

Is that for sure, a laptop bag can be an extra? Is just if Ms Moon decides to accompany me then, we will have an extra hand luggage bag as i thought my laptop bag would be our second bag? Its just my laptop bag is one of these wider ones, you know you can get you pherifery's et al inside, quite swish, makes me look like that guy out of Wall Street Gekker?

Its one of these;

http://www.techair.co.uk/store/produ...?ProductId=128

Old May 11th 2009, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

aha! just thought: he booked his flight before xmas so it won't count for him will it? Didn't it say booking s before May 2009?
It mentioned the date in the newspaper I saw it in, but I can't see any mention of that on the FAQs on the Emirates website and it doesn't ask you for the date of booking on the luggage calculator thingy. Best to check with Emirates before you take 30kg with you though I'd say!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.