Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Meals for an infant... Singapore airlines?

Meals for an infant... Singapore airlines?

Old May 14th 2009, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

Effie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Meals for an infant... Singapore airlines?

Originally Posted by quoll
LOL no, I bought the originals on a very very good deal but didnt get the infant seat and by the time I enquired about getting a seat that was the only price they would quote me. Plane was full so maybe the infant would actually have got a business class seat all to herself

Didnt matter anyway, we all managed brilliantly, especially the infant.

I think the reclining seat option may be on 777s - it was great but then the dgd didnt have any trouble sleeping on the way back in the bassinette at 20 months either - she is petite. I think the trick is to wear them out during the day and leave late at night.
Quoll - same here... I only paid $200 for her from Melb-London... I will enquire regarding the meal though, there is no way she will eat baby food thats for sure. I 'think' we may be going on the A380, but not sure
Old May 14th 2009, 11:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

i flew with sa with a toddlerwho was 17 months (april 07) - she was small enough by weight to fit in bassinette but her legs hung over the top but she slept from london to sing quite happy and did not wake up for apart from the meals

she did get a kids meal - however we had to send one back as it had chopped egg in it - which she is highly allergic to and they brought her another meal- steak and mash - which was lovely and tasty

we had to send another kids meal back - as it had prawns in it - ds refused to eat it - and again another meal was given - in his case bread, cheese and crackers - which was enough for him

there was annoucement that no one could sleep on the floor

also they said that on the emirates flights we took 6 months later
Old May 16th 2009, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

Burkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura about

Hi

We flew with an 15 month and he fitted into the bassinett no problems.

SA provided kids meals for him and they did keep offering him snacks so although I did have a bag of my own snacks didn't really use that much. They did have baby jars deserts which they offered as well so I did actually use a couple of rice puddings for him in between meals.

When my 4 year old was hungry about an hour before breakfast I asked if they had any snacks for him but they actually made him a breakfast to eat.

You will be fine with SA, they have everything you need.
Old May 16th 2009, 12:06 pm
Living the dream!

kar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to all

Well, my boy definately slept on the floor and the staff were happy with it. Didn't worry about turbulance; I used him as a foot rest! :P