Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Meals for an infant... Singapore airlines?

Meals for an infant... Singapore airlines?

Old May 14th 2009, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

Effie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant future
Default Meals for an infant... Singapore airlines?

Does anyone know if you can request a 'toddler' meal on Singapore airlines? I think we have booked a childrens meal but is that most likely to be jars of baby food?

I am flying to the uk in August and my daughter will be 22 months by then (she is travelling as an infant), she eats all the same foods as I do, am just trying to figure out if I should pack meals for her... bit of forward planning!
Old May 14th 2009, 5:43 am
Forum Regular

mike08 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Meals for an infant... Singapore airlines?

Originally Posted by Effie1970
Does anyone know if you can request a 'toddler' meal on Singapore airlines? I think we have booked a childrens meal but is that most likely to be jars of baby food?

I am flying to the uk in August and my daughter will be 22 months by then (she is travelling as an infant), she eats all the same foods as I do, am just trying to figure out if I should pack meals for her... bit of forward planning!
Mine got kids meals and were chicken niggets with smiley faces type meals
Old May 14th 2009, 5:51 am
Forum Regular

Effie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant future

Thanks Mike... was that with them travelling as infants (ie no seat for themselves?)
Old May 14th 2009, 5:59 am
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Effie1970

If you want a 'toddler' meal (i.e. jars of baby food) then you will need to tell Singapore airlines. A Childs meal will be chicken nuggets, fish fingers etc. On Singapore Airline's internet site it only allows you to specify adult or child meal but if you phone them up they will be more than happy to make a record that you want a 'toddler' meal (i.e. jars of baby food) ... and to be doubly sure tell them again when you check in.
Old May 14th 2009, 6:04 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mike08
Mine got kids meals and were chicken niggets with smiley faces type meals
were they burnt to a crisp or something?
Old May 14th 2009, 6:11 am
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
My kid's meals were very nice on Singapore Airlines ... not burnt to a crisp
Old May 14th 2009, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BAY
If you want a 'toddler' meal (i.e. jars of baby food) then you will need to tell Singapore airlines. A Childs meal will be chicken nuggets, fish fingers etc. On Singapore Airline's internet site it only allows you to specify adult or child meal but if you phone them up they will be more than happy to make a record that you want a 'toddler' meal (i.e. jars of baby food) ... and to be doubly sure tell them again when you check in.
Thanks Bay... I want her to have a childs meal but was concerned she may get baby food due to not having booked a seat for her? All good if she gets a childs meal, she will probably eat more of mine than the chicken nuggets/fish fingers but thats ok too
Old May 14th 2009, 6:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd take along some snacks etc as well as (1) good for distraction/entertainment (2) they always seem to bring the food round when my son's asleep and then seem surprised I won't wake him. They say they're only allowed to keep it warm for an hour (3) the food may well be awful!
Old May 14th 2009, 6:41 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
Old May 14th 2009, 7:30 am
Living the dream!

kar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to all

We were told that you can't get a kids meal unless you have booked a childs seat. We travelled with a 17 month old and because he was classed as an infant sitting on my knee all they would give him was a jat of baby food - he would NEVER have eaten this! We ended up taking sandwiches with us, they also gave us another sandwich on board, and he ate some of ours.
Old May 14th 2009, 7:54 am
BAY
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kar-kier
We were told that you can't get a kids meal unless you have booked a childs seat. We travelled with a 17 month old and because he was classed as an infant sitting on my knee all they would give him was a jat of baby food - he would NEVER have eaten this! We ended up taking sandwiches with us, they also gave us another sandwich on board, and he ate some of ours.
Yes that rings a bell. No seat booked, no kids meal.
Old May 14th 2009, 8:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Not with Singapore but both BA and Qantas didnt provide meals for a toddler when we flew with them last month - infant, no seat. The toddler basically had stuff off her parents' trays and mine (grandmother) but we also took some cheese, egg, goji berries, fruit and other stuff that she likes. She didnt starve! The rule is that if you have anything left over you toss it before you get through customs though because they dont like you bringing in food.
Old May 14th 2009, 8:21 am
BAY
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BAY
Yes that rings a bell. No seat booked, no kids meal.
As an aside, I wouldn't fly from Oz to UK without a seat booked for a 22 month old toddler. She'll be too big for an bassinet. How is she going to sleep ? I wouldn't be too chuffed if I was another passenger and she started to cry when tired and not being able to sleep

.... but thats your call ... I won't be on the plane
Old May 14th 2009, 8:22 am
Living the dream!

kar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to all

Originally Posted by BAY
As an aside, I wouldn't fly from Oz to UK without a seat booked for a 22 month old toddler. She'll be too big for an bassinet. How is she going to sleep ? I wouldn't be too chuffed if I was another passenger and she started to cry when tired and not being able to sleep

.... but thats your call ... I won't be on the plane
If you book the bulkhead seat you can let them sleep on the floor there, and when they are awake they can play on the floor!
Old May 14th 2009, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

I think you'll find they won't allow that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.