Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Making the Move to Perth AU..

Making the Move to Perth AU..

Old May 4th 2017, 10:12 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Making the Move to Perth AU..

Originally Posted by Amazulu
That happens in every country - certainly in the UK at least. I've had it work for and against me - in Australia and the UK
Yeah I don't get the 'this is how it is in Aus' routine. It's normal practice everywhere. Maybe if you live somewhere long enough you're not aware you're getting a job based on who you know because you know so many people? No idea. :shrugs:
Old May 4th 2017, 10:27 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
You think natural resources has future then?

Why wouldn't they?
Old May 4th 2017, 10:35 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Please don't make me split a thread. It's tiresome.
Old May 4th 2017, 10:37 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Yeah I don't get the 'this is how it is in Aus' routine. It's normal practice everywhere. Maybe if you live somewhere long enough you're not aware you're getting a job based on who you know because you know so many people? No idea. :shrugs:
And like I said, it works both ways - I've got jobs (including my current one) because of people I know

In the past when I've been responsible for hiring, I've given priority to people that I know - I knew what I was getting
Old May 4th 2017, 10:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Why wouldn't they?
Just asking. Some may believe they don't.
Old May 4th 2017, 10:50 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by Beoz
Just asking. Some may believe they don't.
They would be wrong - but if they're right, Australia has no meaningful economic future and our living standards - East and West Coast - will plummet

The super-cycle is still in play
Old May 4th 2017, 10:53 am
BE Enthusiast

xizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond repute

Please don't make me split a thread. It's tiresome.
Sorry moneypenny20 ... it's just the nature of boys and their banter. We do go on sometimes ... unfortunately, at a tangent most of the time!
Old May 4th 2017, 11:15 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by xizzles
Sorry moneypenny20 ... it's just the nature of boys and their banter. We do go on sometimes ... unfortunately, at a tangent most of the time!
I know and I'm not concerned with the 'banter', there's just no need for it to repeatedly kick off in many of the threads that don't call for it. Splitting threads is fine when it works but at the moment it's a pain in the arse to do.

Anyway back on topic so the OP doesn't disappear...... does your move have to be to Perth and WA? Is there a reason that the other States/Territories aren't on your radar?
Old May 4th 2017, 11:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

I know and I'm not concerned with the 'banter', there's just no need for it to repeatedly kick off in many of the threads that don't call for it. Splitting threads is fine when it works but at the moment it's a pain in the arse to do.

Anyway back on topic so the OP doesn't disappear...... does your move have to be to Perth and WA? Is there a reason that the other States/Territories aren't on your radar?
The 3 of us generally don't kick off with each other. You should have nothing to worry about on a bit of resources and contaminated land chit chat.
Old May 4th 2017, 11:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

They would be wrong - but if they're right, Australia has no meaningful economic future and our living standards - East and West Coast - will plummet

The super-cycle is still in play
Yep. I can see it coming back at some point. The appetite is too great. The next big thing will happen.

A couple of my old mining related clients have called up recently. Haven't heard boo from a couple of years so I have thrown it all into east coast infrastructure. They tell me there is a slight bit of movement.