Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

List of Sydney's unsafe suburbs

List of Sydney's unsafe suburbs

Old May 3rd 2009, 1:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light
Default List of Sydney's unsafe suburbs

Based on people's feedback on several threads, I have compiled a list of Sydney's not-so-safe suburbs:

Granville, Bankstown, Lakemba, Liverpool, Cabramatta, Fairfield, Mount Druitt, Blacktown, Auburn, Redfern, Campbelltown, Kings Cross, Wooloomooloo, Penrith, Macquarie Fields, Glenfield, Maroubra, Blackett, Whalan, Emerson, Plumpton, Coogee, Bronte, Bondi, Tamarama, Campsie, Wentworthville, Rooty Hill, St Marys, Parramatta, Greenacre, Punchbowl, Matraville, Lewisham, Glebe, Eastlakes.

Anyone wants to add/remove?
Old May 3rd 2009, 1:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

tartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: List of Sydney's unsafe suburbs

Originally Posted by caliburn
Based on people's feedback on several threads, I have compiled a list of Sydney's not-so-safe suburbs:

Granville, Bankstown, Lakemba, Liverpool, Cabramatta, Fairfield, Mount Druitt, Blacktown, Auburn, Redfern, Campbelltown, Kings Cross, Wooloomooloo, Penrith, Macquarie Fields, Glenfield, Maroubra, Blackett, Whalan, Emerson, Plumpton, Coogee, Bronte, Bondi, Tamarama, Campsie, Wentworthville, Rooty Hill, St Marys, Parramatta, Greenacre, Punchbowl, Matraville, Lewisham, Glebe, Eastlakes.

Nope that's them all, all the suburbs in Sydney I mean!

What does 'unsafe' actually mean anyway? I lived in Coogee for a few months and thought it was a terrific place.
Old May 3rd 2009, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

tony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nice

ha ha thats pretty much every suburb, you sure you wanna move here? lol
Old May 3rd 2009, 8:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: A Small Village in Somerset.......out in the sticks
memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light

what are the 'safe' suburbs then??
Old May 3rd 2009, 8:08 pm
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Those of us that have never been to Sydney have heard of Redfern, Cabramata and Lakemba as being the unsafe suburbs.
Old May 3rd 2009, 8:47 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by memewest
what are the 'safe' suburbs then??
All the ones where you can't afford the house prices.
Old May 3rd 2009, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: A Small Village in Somerset.......out in the sticks
memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
That sounds about right!!
Old May 3rd 2009, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

plantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of light

Coogee, Bronte, Bondi, Tamarama?????????

Have you SEEN the price tags there???? Someone is having you on...seriously....
Old May 3rd 2009, 9:16 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Everywhere is unsafe to some degree. I live in one of the more expensive areas and in the last few months we have had the SWAT team raiding a sleepy little cafe via the windows (to arrest a couple of rather nasty men), an ATM blown up, and drunk kids fighting and puking just up the hill almost every weekend.

Successful crims don't live in rough areas, so you can move to Kirribilli and have a gang leader for a neighbour (and I don't mean Kev).

Of course some areas are more safe than others, and you have them included in your list but as PPot says, some of those you included are des res areas. They also get rough because they are at the beach and people go, have a good time, drink too much, get leery. If that's why you've included them, put Manly on there too
Old May 3rd 2009, 9:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
ROFL That's the dividing line for sure
Old May 3rd 2009, 9:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

plantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Seasider
Everywhere is unsafe to some degree. I live in one of the more expensive areas and in the last few months we have had the SWAT team raiding a sleepy little cafe via the windows (to arrest a couple of rather nasty men), an ATM blown up, and drunk kids fighting and puking just up the hill almost every weekend.

Successful crims don't live in rough areas, so you can move to Kirribilli and have a gang leader for a neighbour (and I don't mean Kev).

Of course some areas are more safe than others, and you have them included in your list but as PPot says, some of those you included are des res areas. They also get rough because they are at the beach and people go, have a good time, drink too much, get leery. If that's why you've included them, put Manly on there too
Yea she put it better than me
Old May 3rd 2009, 10:21 pm

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by plantpot
Coogee, Bronte, Bondi, Tamarama?????????

Have you SEEN the price tags there???? Someone is having you on...seriously....
SSSSShhhhhh. I don't want more people coming here. I seriously need to put on body armour everytime I go to the beach.
Old May 3rd 2009, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IvanM
SSSSShhhhhh. I don't want more people coming here. I seriously need to put on body armour everytime I go to the beach.
Yeh, they are a rough lot in our local pub. They even queue up one behind the other waiting to get served.
Old May 3rd 2009, 11:16 pm
Harrip

harrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to behold

Looking at actual crime statistics by suburb rather than the hear-say of Expats members could be a better way of getting something of use. There is a link on here to the ABS 2005 statistics in xls format - http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/subsc...11.2006&Latest
Old May 4th 2009, 12:18 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger
Yeh, they are a rough lot in our local pub. They even queue up one behind the other waiting to get served.
Disgraceful. OK the Bondi hotel and Coogee Bay Hotel have a lot of assaults but you have to be hanging around there in the early morning to have an issue.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.