Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Kids haven't been out for 6 months

Kids haven't been out for 6 months

Old Mar 5th 2010, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kids haven't been out for 6 months

Originally Posted by asprilla
Personally I refuse to go outside any more.. too many weirdos out there, just "walking".
Well it might appear that we are "just walking"but we are actually admiring nature,listening to the bird song,watching the new lambs enjoying the sunshine,admiring the dry stone walls,paddling through small brooks,watching dragon flies and oh keeping fit at the same time.Yes I'm more than happy being a weirdo!
Old Mar 5th 2010, 3:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of
Lightbulb Re: Kids haven't been out for 6 months

Originally Posted by sportsendurance
Just to remind those who are in Ozz or are contemplating on making the move, one of the many reasons why we want to move down under.

Our kids have not been able to play in the garden or park since last September (6 months!!) due to crap weather. Sorry they were out last month for an hour to make a snowman!! We have had the occasional muddy walk in local wooded parks and along the riverside but the large majority of the time they have been in the house or at soft play areas!!

We spent 2 weeks in Perth last August (Winter time apparently) and the kids played outside EVERY day.
Switch off the PC/ TV/ DVD player rug up and get outside for some fresh air and make muddy walks a regular thing.You will not die of cold infact you`ll feel much better.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 6:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

The kids are both out tonight and so is wifey!
Old Mar 5th 2010, 7:15 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
The kids are both out tonight and so is wifey!
Thats a great new Avatar!
Old Mar 5th 2010, 8:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wilgar
Switch off the PC/ TV/ DVD player rug up and get outside for some fresh air and make muddy walks a regular thing.You will not die of cold infact you`ll feel much better.
You should move to QLD.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 4:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

We might let the kids out this weekend for the first time.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 4:31 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Alfresco
We might let the kids out this weekend for the first time.
Mine might decide to come in one day, never see them these days
Old Mar 9th 2010, 4:58 pm
Just Joined

Sibella is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sportsendurance
I'm just wondering that if the heat is this bad in Ozz why don't we hear about people wanting to move to the UK for the cooler weather - I don't ever recall hearing that one!
I fully appreciate that none of you are necessarily saying the weather is better in the UK but I'm sure it can't be that bad. Everyone I speak to in Australia, especially Expats, say the lifestyle because of the sun is far better than in the UK??? Spring and Autumn must be beautiful?
I agree with the original poster - my kids haven't really been outside since October (except for the month that we visited our family in South Africa). Yesterday morning was -3 and walking my little one to preschool extremely unpleasant - cannot imagine anyone actually wanting to be outside in this weather. Mine never play outside here - even if they wanted to by the time we get home its nearly 4pm and getting dark.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 5:01 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sibella
I agree with the original poster - my kids haven't really been outside since October (except for the month that we visited our family in South Africa). Yesterday morning was -3 and walking my little one to preschool extremely unpleasant - cannot imagine anyone actually wanting to be outside in this weather. Mine never play outside here - even if they wanted to by the time we get home its nearly 4pm and getting dark.
And in summer it's light til 10pm...even better
Old Mar 9th 2010, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

Sibella is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Yea but then you can't get the kids to sleep!!! O dear, after only 3 years in the UK I've also started whingeing...
Old Mar 9th 2010, 5:17 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Nearly 11pm some nights in Scotland, miss the long nights!
Old Mar 9th 2010, 5:47 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sibella
Yea but then you can't get the kids to sleep!!! O dear, after only 3 years in the UK I've also started whingeing...
It's very contageous. You're now an honourary Pom
Old Mar 9th 2010, 5:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by paulry
It's very contageous. You're now an honourary Pom
Old Mar 9th 2010, 5:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Mine might decide to come in one day, never see them these days
Your kids are WILD!
Old Mar 9th 2010, 8:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livinginreality
Well it might appear that we are "just walking"but we are actually admiring nature,listening to the bird song,watching the new lambs enjoying the sunshine,admiring the dry stone walls,paddling through small brooks,watching dragon flies and oh keeping fit at the same time.Yes I'm more than happy being a weirdo!

After the massive amount of rain we not only need sunblock but RID as well to deter the mozzies and midges. Far less poetic than the english countryside, basted in sunblock, stinking of insect repellant and sweating from the humidity.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.