Reload this Page >

Just how boring is Perth?

Just how boring is Perth?

Old Jan 6th 2008, 11:44 pm
Just Joined

Pauly P Bluenose is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just how boring is Perth?

Originally Posted by northernbird
There are pubs in the city but it won't be like a Birmingham city centre with a million and one pubs and the taxi services are sporadic to say the least. To be honest although I don't know you I think you should choose elsewhere, I can tell that Perth most definitely won't be for you.
strange presumption. I only want a 'local', I hate the middle of town like I hate tax. It's just people keep saying its so quiet etc, sounds strange to be honest.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 11:49 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pauly P Bluenose
strange presumption. I only want a 'local', I hate the middle of town like I hate tax. It's just people keep saying its so quiet etc, sounds strange to be honest.
They don't really have locals like in the UK although there are a few pubs around.

Near me there is the Whitfords Tavern, the Beldon Tavern (rough) the Boat at Mindarie. Then there's Pommie Bastard's old local - the Old Bailey at Joondalup where you can have a fight at closing time at the local kebab shop and the Moon and Sixpence at Woodvale, probably the most "local" like of the bars around here and consequently chock full of shaved heads, tats and british soccer shirts.

Further afield you can go to the Wanneroo tavern to watch 15 year old strippers or go to the Ocean View Hotel where the sign outside invites you to "Crack a big Woody" with big hairy men working on their motorbikes next to the pool table. I once saw a bloke on horseback going through the drive through here.

Last edited by renth; Jan 6th 2008 at 11:54 pm.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 11:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

POW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Major Edmund Lockyer
im looking forward to being bored shitless in perth.

infact if no-one likes it as its boring, can you please go to the East Side where its all happening and take all the whinging bstards with you.

If its not the east theres always Scotland, Europe wherever takes your fancy.
Dont you whinging bastards come over this side. Stay put and leave us alone. We are over here because we like it just the way it is. We have been working hard to get rid of the "Whinging Pommy" label.

Barney
Old Jan 7th 2008, 12:02 am
Banned

randomdelusion will become famous soon enoughrandomdelusion will become famous soon enough

I went to Perth a few years ago and its like anywhere, its what you make of it. I loved the beaches, the weather, did some sailing, reminded me of a big friendly country town. Canberra on the other hand
Old Jan 7th 2008, 12:06 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thpinkpussycat
Most people in Perth and who like it and dont find it boring get very BORED with this type of thread.
Hear hear, in fact it's monotonous threads like this that make me realise just why I made that new years resolution to stop visiting expat forums.......

....really must stick to it too!
Old Jan 7th 2008, 12:11 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aston man
being from birmingham myself and as i live in perth,i feel i could answer this one for you,,

i also have a young family,and yes you are right,,

its the most boring place i have ever been..

i would rather be back in chelmsley wood...

hope this helps...

youll be bored shitless here..dont do it,brums the place to be...

just because steve bruce left birmingham ,it dosent mean you have to..

Awwww Ast, you should've tried a bit harder to put him off....can't have anymore bluenose's in Perth.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 12:15 am
BE Enthusiast

flowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to all

We ve been here 7 months, life is what you make it, I have nt had time to be board !!!!! in fact Im quite looking forward to a boaring weekend, you know the ones where you sit around all day doing nothing, bring it on.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 12:16 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Ocean View Hotel where the sign outside invites you to "Crack a big Woody"
That sign always made me laugh but they have now changed it to Thirsty Camel.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 12:16 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pauly P Bluenose
Seen a few people on here and read a bit about Perth and they seem to indicate its like staying at the in-laws, anyone have any views on this or any decent comparisons

my spelling sucks so please forgive that

thanks in advance

edit: forgot to mention, I have a job to go to in Perth and saw the BBC documentorary about moving to Perth and it made it look a bit boring. I have a young family and live in quite a big city Birmingham, althought its turning into a shit tip
Firstly, don't pay any attention to those sodding stupid "Wanted Down Under" "Get A New Life" type crappy programmes. Complete waste of space.

Why don't you come over for a rekkie, see what you think of the place for yourselves? Because what suits one won't suit another etc etc. You won't know if it suits you and your family unless to spend time in it.

Oh, and leave the small heath shirt at home!
Old Jan 7th 2008, 12:47 am
The Doctors Assistant

Samuel Spaniel is just really niceSamuel Spaniel is just really niceSamuel Spaniel is just really niceSamuel Spaniel is just really niceSamuel Spaniel is just really niceSamuel Spaniel is just really niceSamuel Spaniel is just really niceSamuel Spaniel is just really niceSamuel Spaniel is just really niceSamuel Spaniel is just really nice

I’ve notice in my short time on here that Perth is one of those places that people seem to love or hate, there seems to be no middle ground.

To the OP, we have been in Perth of a number of years and have not yet become bored. We also have a young family; we have found that we are outdoors a lot more (even in the heat). We cycle, play golf, take our boat out with friends, go away for short weekends, go bush walking, swimming or just hang out with friends.

As its been said if you want pubs, clubs and unlimited shopping then you may struggle.

Search Perth on here and check out MBTTUK you will get a good idea of life in Perth, and as someone else said, if you haven’t been here before try and get out on a reccie, because at the end of day only you know if it will be right for you and your family.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 3:18 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thpinkpussycat
Most people in Perth and who like it and dont find it boring get very BORED with this type of thread.

NB is quiet right in the things she listed if those are your thing you will find Perth boring.

Here is a snap shot of our boring life in Perth
You tell them babe! Some time soon we are going to have that boring weekend doing nothing you keep asking for, I promise, but until then we will have to endure this endless procession of barbies, boat trips, nights outs, meals, camping weekends, concerts, cricket matches, road trips... I think there is a weekend mid-March vacant at the moment but you had better reserve it quick or that'll be full soon too.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 3:20 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
You tell them babe! Some time soon we are going to have that boring weekend doing nothing you keep asking for, I promise, but until then we will have to endure this endless procession of barbies, boat trips, nights outs, meals, camping weekends, concerts, cricket matches, road trips... I think there is a weekend mid-March vacant at the moment but you had better reserve it quick or that'll be full soon too.
I hope the BBQ at yours next month is a bit more interesting than those pics otherwise I might stay at home
Old Jan 7th 2008, 3:27 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I hope the BBQ at yours next month is a bit more interesting than those pics otherwise I might stay at home
I'm really trying to stay out of this thread NB. I really am.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 3:29 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I'm really trying to stay out of this thread NB. I really am.
You stay strong my sweet, I am impressed
Old Jan 7th 2008, 3:32 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

It's what you make of it. If you want to go skinny dipping in the pool (or fully dressed), get hammered (or watch Sam and me get hammered), talk smutty and embarass SD ... then she'll be right! Somebody who I won't quote on here keeps making jokes about a key party - she says it a little too often to assume it is just a joke I wonder some times

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.