Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just how boring is Perth?

Just how boring is Perth?

Old Jan 7th 2008, 9:45 am
to be or not to be...

bluejohn has a spectacular aura aboutbluejohn has a spectacular aura aboutbluejohn has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Just how boring is Perth?

Originally Posted by thpinkpussycat
Most people in Perth and who like it and dont find it boring get very BORED with this type of thread.

NB is quiet right in the things she listed if those are your thing you will find Perth boring.

Here is a snap shot of our boring life in Perth
I was putting Perth down, I travelled all over Oz except WA unfortunately and I have just recently met two couples who used to live in Perth. I t looks great , for me I wouldn't like the isolation. I love N'.S.W myself. Thanks for the photos though they are great.

Last edited by bluejohn; Jan 7th 2008 at 9:48 am.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 10:06 am
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bluejohn
I was putting Perth down, I travelled all over Oz except WA unfortunately and I have just recently met two couples who used to live in Perth. I t looks great , for me I wouldn't like the isolation. I love N'.S.W myself. Thanks for the photos though they are great.

Hopefully the OP's question is a genuine wanting to know. But the "Is Perth Boring" thing gets a good bashing on here all the time.

It has even but said that maybe those of us that enjoy life in Perth are lacking in intelligents (sp).

We too have travelled over the rest of OZ, but Perth felt like home from the moment we got of the plane.

Good luck with your move
Old Jan 7th 2008, 10:21 am
still searching

woody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pauly P Bluenose
Seen a few people on here and read a bit about Perth and they seem to indicate its like staying at the in-laws, anyone have any views on this or any decent comparisons

my spelling sucks so please forgive that

thanks in advance

edit: forgot to mention, I have a job to go to in Perth and saw the BBC documentorary about moving to Perth and it made it look a bit boring. I have a young family and live in quite a big city Birmingham, althought its turning into a shit tip
Also from birmingham as well and a bluenose, livin in perth at the mo and would agree that there isn't much to do but when you look at the future kids don't have in the uk is isn't a hard decision, we've just had a little boy here and i think personally the future is away from brum, i speak to family all the time there and all i hear is how bad its gettin and as for jag and landrover being sold to a third world trader says it all, glad i got out of jag when i did.
miss goin to the footy and the pub but there are places over here
Old Jan 7th 2008, 10:38 am
is hoping for the best

Location: dont know when now, but birmingham to perth soon :-(
english-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant future

ok everyone, so now im convinced by posters on here that perth is alright, tell us the best places to live within a medium budget and the places that we should defo avoid.

OH will be working in centre of CBD and i would like to be a walk from a beach, and no more than 30 mins comute to city centre.
we have 3 small kids 6, 4 and 2yrs old.

thanks
Old Jan 7th 2008, 10:41 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by english-rose
ok everyone, so now im convinced by posters on here that perth is alright, tell us the best places to live within a medium budget and the places that we should defo avoid.

OH will be working in centre of CBD and i would like to be a walk from a beach, and no more than 30 mins comute to city centre.
we have 3 small kids 6, 4 and 2yrs old.

thanks
Oh wow, not knowing your budget and whether your OH would be prepared to commute by train into CBD, which is very easy from the northern suburbs, it's hard. Can you give me an idea of what a 'medium' budget would be?
Old Jan 7th 2008, 10:45 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thpinkpussycat
Most people in Perth and who like it and dont find it boring get very BORED with this type of thread.

NB is quiet right in the things she listed if those are your thing you will find Perth boring.

Here is a snap shot of our boring life in Perth
Well you have convinced me NOT to come now with those boring photos.....you need to get a life love
Old Jan 7th 2008, 10:46 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Issie
Well you have convinced me NOT to come now with those boring photos.....you need to get a life love
There's no turning back now my sweet.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 10:48 am
is hoping for the best

Location: dont know when now, but birmingham to perth soon :-(
english-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Oh wow, not knowing your budget and whether your OH would be prepared to commute by train into CBD, which is very easy from the northern suburbs, it's hard. Can you give me an idea of what a 'medium' budget would be?

i guess a budget of around £180,000-£190,000 sorry unsure of dollars

yes he would be willing to commute, no more than about 30 mins tho.

thanks
Old Jan 7th 2008, 10:48 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

There's no turning back now my sweet.
Are you sure right now i want to
Old Jan 7th 2008, 10:50 am
'In limboland'

Aaww bless you D. I know and fully understand how you are feeling and yes, of course you can stop it all now, if that's what you really want. I wish I had had the guts to stay put. ((((((HUGS))))))
Old Jan 7th 2008, 10:52 am

Aaww bless you D. I know and fully understand how you are feeling and yes, of course you can stop it all now, if that's what you really want. I wish I had had the guts to stay put. ((((((HUGS))))))
Thanks darlin

I am ok ..( most of the time)......onwards and upwards and let the adventure begin
Old Jan 7th 2008, 10:54 am
Deb

Deb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond repute

Well, you better bloody had...the Perth Ladie's Coffee Morning Club are expecting you...

Failing that you can join mine & Dawn's club

The Perth Ladies Wine Tasting and Forcoffee Club...

I am reviewing Gill's membership application as we speak...
Old Jan 7th 2008, 10:55 am
'In limboland'

Thanks darlin

I am ok ..( most of the time)......onwards and upwards and let the adventure begin
I am totally serious when I say that if you don't try, you will always regret. You know you have good friends here already, which is a fab bonus and you will make more, at work and through other channels. If you really can't settle, then nothing is stopping you from going home. It's just another chapter in your lives, that's all.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 10:57 am
'In limboland'

Originally Posted by Deb
Well, you better bloody had...the Perth Ladie's Coffee Morning Club are expecting you...

I was thinking how funny it will be earlier when we are all introduced. Dave will say, "Gill, meet Dawn, Donna, Debs and I'm David".....Do you think I'll be the odd one out?
Old Jan 7th 2008, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by Deb

Count me in sweetie.

Of course i am coming .....just a worry wart thats all.....i wish i wasnt like this but it's just me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.