Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just how boring is Perth?

Just how boring is Perth?

Old Jan 6th 2008, 6:49 pm
Just Joined

Pauly P Bluenose is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Just how boring is Perth?

Seen a few people on here and read a bit about Perth and they seem to indicate its like staying at the in-laws, anyone have any views on this or any decent comparisons

my spelling sucks so please forgive that

thanks in advance

edit: forgot to mention, I have a job to go to in Perth and saw the BBC documentorary about moving to Perth and it made it look a bit boring. I have a young family and live in quite a big city Birmingham, althought its turning into a shit tip

Last edited by Pauly P Bluenose; Jan 6th 2008 at 6:54 pm.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 7:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just how boring is Perth?

Originally Posted by Pauly P Bluenose
Seen a few people on here and read a bit about Perth and they seem to indicate its like staying at the in-laws, anyone have any views on this or any decent comparisons
Stand by, stand by!
Old Jan 6th 2008, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

ezmuzic is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Pauly,

Me and the wife life just outside Brum (Halesowen) and agree that Brum is going down the pan big time mate, We are putting our 175 application at the end of the month. We visited Perth in November/December of last year to get a feel for the place after reading loads of negative comments on this and other sites!!!!

All I can say mate is depending whet you want from life should influence your decision, if you like going to the pub everynight for a good old knees up then Perth centre/ Northbridge are the places to go, you wouldn't however want to live there!!!

Our visit has made us what a change in lifestyle can do for us, we both work for the NHS own our own home and plan to start a family very soon, Out in OZ we can work for any of the hospitals, own a newer/nicer property and know that our children will go to school in a nice area, enjoy life on the beach, and not be apart of the UK's Playstation generation (I have two children already that fit this bill so I can comment on it).

If you want any more information mate then drop me a PM, like I said look at many different things on the net if we believed all of the comments about Perth that we read on here we certainly would not have considered it which is why we went to make our own minds up, and will hopefully be back there real soon.

Good Luck mate.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 7:33 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Stand by, stand by!
INCOMING...!
Old Jan 6th 2008, 7:47 pm
Banned

Major Edmund Lockyer has a brilliant futureMajor Edmund Lockyer has a brilliant futureMajor Edmund Lockyer has a brilliant futureMajor Edmund Lockyer has a brilliant futureMajor Edmund Lockyer has a brilliant futureMajor Edmund Lockyer has a brilliant future

im looking forward to being bored shitless in perth.

infact if no-one likes it as its boring, can you please go to the East Side where its all happening and take all the whinging bstards with you.

If its not the east theres always Scotland, Europe wherever takes your fancy.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

i would rather be back in chelmsley wood
FFS come on, I'd rather live in Bay-root!

Ezmusic, cheers for the advice

Thats the only thing i am worried about is not having a decent local pub, I'm not one for making the mrs my bestest buddie and just need some time out between home and work.

Doctor Who was gay you know
Old Jan 6th 2008, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

twhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud of

FFS come on, I'd rather live in Bay-root!

Ezmusic, cheers for the advice

Thats the only thing i am worried about is not having a decent local pub, I'm not one for making the mrs my bestest buddie and just need some time out between home and work.

Doctor Who was gay you know
If you can't deal with sitting with the wife and a glass of Chardonnay holding her knitting, watching 4 year old "The Bill" then I'm afraid Perth is not for you
Old Jan 6th 2008, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by twhurl
If you can't deal with sitting with the wife and a glass of Chardonnay holding her knitting, watching 4 year old "The Bill" then I'm afraid Perth is not for you
Yep, as thought, sounds waz
Old Jan 6th 2008, 9:00 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DrWho
INCOMING...!
Tin hats on and popcorn at the ready

If you like city centre pub crawls, don't come to Perth
If you don't drive and have everything within short walk or easy public transport route, don't come to Perth
If you like shopping at places like Trafford Centre etc, don't come to Perth
If you like quaint village pubs and old buildings, don't come to Perth
Old Jan 6th 2008, 9:24 pm
to be or not to be...

bluejohn has a spectacular aura aboutbluejohn has a spectacular aura aboutbluejohn has a spectacular aura about

Poor Perth, somebody must love it. I 've never been but maybe you don't need action when you have kids just a chill pill.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

fitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to all

i've just come back from perth last october,i spent a couple of years there and left no stone unturned with regards to sightseeing and so on,
one of the main reasons i came back was,i personally, felt perth was extremely bland, and after a while i was going stir crazy.

"the worst thing about australia is that it's full of australians"
Old Jan 6th 2008, 9:45 pm
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bluejohn
Poor Perth, somebody must love it. I 've never been but maybe you don't need action when you have kids just a chill pill.
Most people in Perth and who like it and dont find it boring get very BORED with this type of thread.

NB is quiet right in the things she listed if those are your thing you will find Perth boring.

Here is a snap shot of our boring life in Perth
Attached Thumbnails Just how boring is Perth?-camping-moore-river-oct-2007.jpg   Just how boring is Perth?-city.jpg   Just how boring is Perth?-iain-dounut-2.jpg   Just how boring is Perth?-rogue-traders.jpg   Just how boring is Perth?-view-our-local-pub-.jpg  

Old Jan 6th 2008, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by thpinkpussycat
Most people in Perth and who like it and dont find it boring get very BORED with this type of thread.

NB is quiet right in the things she listed if those are your thing you will find Perth boring.

Here is a snap shot of our boring life in Perth
hmm looks like hell!!;-p
Old Jan 6th 2008, 10:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by northernbird
Tin hats on and popcorn at the ready

If you like city centre pub crawls, don't come to Perth
If you don't drive and have everything within short walk or easy public transport route, don't come to Perth
If you like shopping at places like Trafford Centre etc, don't come to Perth
If you like quaint village pubs and old buildings, don't come to Perth
So, No piss ups in a city, If there was I'd be f**ked because I could not make it home on public transport.

I will ignore the rest as do not really interest me how old the pub I drink in is, and Mrs does the shopping somewhere
Old Jan 6th 2008, 10:23 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

So, No piss ups in a city, If there was I'd be f**ked because I could not make it home on public transport.

I will ignore the rest as do not really interest me how old the pub I drink in is, and Mrs does the shopping somewhere
There are pubs in the city but it won't be like a Birmingham city centre with a million and one pubs and the taxi services are sporadic to say the least. To be honest although I don't know you I think you should choose elsewhere, I can tell that Perth most definitely won't be for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.