Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The job market in Australia - a recruiters perspective

The job market in Australia - a recruiters perspective

Old Apr 12th 2009, 1:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

shafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really nice
Default Re: The job market in Australia - a recruiters perspective

constructions industry is getting a severe beating at the moment, thats why most of those occupations were removed from CSL.
Experts are predicting things would be as they were by mid 2010, so ignore the current economic situation and be focused on your plans.
Old Apr 12th 2009, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

the dooners is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by guuuude
Oh common guys, if youre good in your Job and have the right skills you will find a job!

Everytime and everywhere this f....ing panic! There are a plenty of jobs its the same all over the world, good skilled people hfind a job thats for sure, may not on the first try but quality makes his way!!!!!!!

Stop crying and think positive, damn it ,-)
well said to much doom and gloom

the dooners
Old Apr 12th 2009, 4:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

eugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the dooners
well said to much doom and gloom

the dooners
POSITIVES EVERY WERE IN UK AT THE MOMENT LOOKS LIKE A COMPLETE TURN ROUND ON ITS WAY. IS THIS A POSITIVE POST
Old Apr 12th 2009, 7:48 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eugene43
POSITIVES EVERY WERE IN UK AT THE MOMENT LOOKS LIKE A COMPLETE TURN ROUND ON ITS WAY. IS THIS A POSITIVE POST
Liar Liar
Old Apr 12th 2009, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all

Great advice, we are heading bk to OZ early nxt year, im in community health promotion,hubby retraining to work on the buses!

Bluekipper
Old Apr 12th 2009, 11:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

The guy next door lost his job in December and waited and waited, all to no avail. He decided to do the traffic controllers course (one morning) and by late afternoon, he was requested to start. They give him any hours he wants, (lots of o/t) and although not everybodys cup of tea, it keeps the wolves from the door. Good on him.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

northernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to all

Excellent informative post. Thanks for taking the time out to write this and share your experiences.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

deepshuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear All,

I am secodnary applicant on 176 visa, we just got our Visa and wanting to shift to Perth in June 09. I am a Public Health professional with a MPH (Master In Public Health) from USA.

Could anyone plz guide me on how to start my career in Auz? Do I need any licensing and registration? Or any qualification assessment to start a Job.

I have 1 year experience in reproductive health, had worked for an US NGO as a Program coordinator.

WHat is scope of Public health in Auz and what are the job opportunities in this field?

Thanks in Advance.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

Dorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really nice

Originally Posted by clairey b
Hi SSC

What a really great and helpful post, and for answering all the questions!!

Unfortnately i've got a question for you as well-just to add to all the others! - i am a nurse, and have a job lined up, however my concern is for my hubby-he is a health and safety surveyor here in the uk. I know his occupation isn't on the CSL list, so i'm just really worried he will find it very difficult to find a job-what do you think? (by the way we are looking at heading to Perth)

Many thanks, Claire
Claire

Suggest Hubby looks at what is going on in the mining areas of Pilbara - five fatalities since July last year. There is a Federal investigation going on. Maybe a lead......

Cheers
Old Apr 14th 2009, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

clairey b will become famous soon enoughclairey b will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Dorutland
Claire

Suggest Hubby looks at what is going on in the mining areas of Pilbara - five fatalities since July last year. There is a Federal investigation going on. Maybe a lead......

Cheers

Hi

Thanks for that, why doesn't what you have said surprise me!!!

Many thanks again,

Claire
Old Apr 15th 2009, 2:59 am
Just Joined

janrod is an unknown quantity at this point

Good thinking! I agree with you. Instead of panicking it is better to be positive. Good skilled people always find themselves a job sooner or later.

Originally Posted by guuuude
Oh common guys, if youre good in your Job and have the right skills you will find a job!

Everytime and everywhere this f....ing panic! There are a plenty of jobs its the same all over the world, good skilled people hfind a job thats for sure, may not on the first try but quality makes his way!!!!!!!

Stop crying and think positive, damn it ,-)

Last edited by janrod; Apr 15th 2009 at 3:03 am.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 5:25 am
BE Enthusiast

shafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really nice

Not only skilled people anybody with determination and perseverance will sooner than later find jobs in Aussie, but at times it might not suit your qualification but during hard times we should learn adjust,
I am a positive thinker and all those who are in a dilemma whether there will be job or not, should think positively, definitely OZ has more to offer thank UK.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

eugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shafanm
Not only skilled people anybody with determination and perseverance will sooner than later find jobs in Aussie, but at times it might not suit your qualification but during hard times we should learn adjust,
I am a positive thinker and all those who are in a dilemma whether there will be job or not, should think positively, definitely OZ has more to offer thank UK.
good on you all keep the positivity going
Old Apr 15th 2009, 8:15 am
Just Joined

janrod is an unknown quantity at this point

CHEERS! KEEP UP THE POSITIVITY FLOWING I AGREE WE NEED TO PRESS ON DURING HARD TIMES

Originally Posted by shafanm
Old Apr 15th 2009, 6:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

thanks Janard,
Best thing about the current globel financial crisis is that
the unemployment in Oz in only 5.2%.
but compare this with Oz unemployment figure of 29% during the 1929 recession.
So there is reason to be happy.

I think even the OZ Govt exacerbated the situation by bring in unnecessary capping of skill migrants who were net contributors for the economy, these negative move will only speed by the reaccession to depression.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.