Reload this Page >

The job market in Australia - a recruiters perspective

The job market in Australia - a recruiters perspective

Old Apr 2nd 2009, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

Oz Dreaming is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The job market in Australia - a recruiters perspective

Hey SSC,

Great post. Whats the job market in Brisbane like for a process/ industrial engineer with manufacturing/continuous improvement experience. Do you have any recruiters you could recommend.

Thanks
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

clairey b will become famous soon enoughclairey b will become famous soon enough

Hi SSC

What a really great and helpful post, and for answering all the questions!!

Unfortnately i've got a question for you as well-just to add to all the others! - i am a nurse, and have a job lined up, however my concern is for my hubby-he is a health and safety surveyor here in the uk. I know his occupation isn't on the CSL list, so i'm just really worried he will find it very difficult to find a job-what do you think? (by the way we are looking at heading to Perth)

Many thanks, Claire
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

nbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Oz Dreaming
Hey SSC,

Great post. Whats the job market in Brisbane like for a process/ industrial engineer with manufacturing/continuous improvement experience. Do you have any recruiters you could recommend.

Thanks
Excellent post especially for oh as he is a joiner and I guess you confirmed what people have already said re no jobs or should I say difficult to get. Im a secondary teacher of ICT/Business what are my prospects like?
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

eugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SSC
Some of this work is being outsourced and is causing concern in the industry. At what stage are you in the visa process. Have you checked with a migration agent to see if you are eligible for PR?

As a starting point there is the Dental Technicians Association of Australia.

Also try this website www.ada.org.au

I have never recruited a dental technician so I'm unsure whether you would need to go through a registration process.

Sorry I can't be more helpful but I wouldn't want to give you an opinion that is not based on a knowledge of the market sector.

Here's a link to a postion in Victoria - http://www.dentaljobs.org.au/jobdetail.asp?jobid=40730

There is also an agency in Perth http://www.contactpointdental.com/

I hope this helps a little.

SSC
thank you & I am at the stage of receiving my visa just waiting for co changed from 175 to 176 WA
Old Apr 6th 2009, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

roteng is an unknown quantity at this point

Very informative post!
Old Apr 7th 2009, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

sram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nice

Originally Posted by SSC
I work with an organisation that assists companies in Australia who are experiencing skills shortages. I am loathed to use the word recruitment because it seems no-one has a good word to say about recruiters.

Solutions we offer are upskilling (we work with TAFE), retention schemes, interstate and international recuriment.
Good thread with frank n honest advice.

Sure hope to fwd my CV to your company in 1-2years time. I'm from Telecommunications field, plan to be in Melbourne when the time comes.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

Dhanuka is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: The job market in Australia - a recruiters perspective

this is a great post thanks.
by the way im an chemical and process engineer with many management eand renewable energy (mainly hydro power) experience (4+ yrs)and my spouse is a business analyst/accountant(2+). we have applied for 175 and expecting the grant. is there anyway to secure a job or apprentise on arrival in these fields. do we have to have any licenses we are from asian HR country.

thanks
Old Apr 7th 2009, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

KateandPhil is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SSC
No TAFE is state funded and operated. There has been a big push to support mature aged workers. Look at the Skillstech Australia website. Will you be on PR? If you're not on PR the fees will be higher.

As I mentioned getting skilled up in the renewable energy sector is a good long-term career option as is the aged care sector.

My dream is to buy a lottery ticket, win, retire and set up an animal sanctuary then I wouldn't have to worry about career options

Get a feel for the market when you arrive and take it from there.
Great information just a little worried now. We are moving to the Brisbane area probably Victoria Point. My husband is a Gas fitter/Plumber how worried should we be about him finding work?
Old Apr 9th 2009, 3:30 am
BE Enthusiast

shafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really nice

hope more and more will come out with informative and useful post like this.
very good post.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 4:37 am
Kraut

guuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really nice

Oh common guys, if youre good in your Job and have the right skills you will find a job!

Everytime and everywhere this f....ing panic! There are a plenty of jobs its the same all over the world, good skilled people hfind a job thats for sure, may not on the first try but quality makes his way!!!!!!!

Stop crying and think positive, damn it ,-)
Old Apr 9th 2009, 7:45 am
Just Joined

fredrick is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi SSC, good advice.
Old Apr 12th 2009, 12:36 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Primary School Teacher with 9 years experience, anyone want me!? lol

No...didn't think so, haha lol
Old Apr 12th 2009, 12:49 pm
Kraut

guuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Primary School Teacher with 9 years experience, anyone want me!? lol

No...didn't think so, haha lol

Picture?

sry ,-))
Old Apr 12th 2009, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

saville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nice

Thanks for all that helpful info, please have you got any idea what the job markets like for electricians we hope to make the move sept/oct time.
Old Apr 12th 2009, 1:12 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by guuuude
Picture?

sry ,-))
LOL Cheeky, tee hee

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.