Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

This immigration lark really is stressful - hospital for me last night!

This immigration lark really is stressful - hospital for me last night!

Old Sep 4th 2005, 8:56 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This immigration lark really is stressful - hospital for me last night!

Originally Posted by tygwyn
Well as the title suggests I ended up in hosptial last night. I had some sort of attack whereby my heart was racing for about 30 mins and I felt as though I was going to pass out constantly. :scared: I was in the house with my 5 year old daughter and was terrified that I would faint while she was there on her own. Thankfully I managed to get hubby back from work and my mum phoned an ambulance for me. When my heart wasn't racing I was shaking like a leaf. It was all very frightening and the first thing the ambulance man asked me was 'are you under any stress at the moment?'!!! I explained that we were leaving for Australia in 2 months and he reckons that was probably the cause! A massive rush of adrenalin causes it apparently? I had to go with them in the Ambulance. A few tests were run in hosptial and then I was back home 2 hours later. All very embarrassing but the upshot is that I'm going to see the doctor today and try and get signed off work for my remaining month. I used to thrive on stress - I'm turning into a right baby!!

So everyone - calm down ok!!

Ikes! Hope you've managed to chill a bit.

Take it easy.

Ginny