Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

This immigration lark really is stressful - hospital for me last night!

This immigration lark really is stressful - hospital for me last night!

Old Sep 1st 2005, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future
Default Re: This immigration lark really is stressful - hospital for me last night!

Originally Posted by Teri
, until one night I woke hubby up and said I needed to go to the hospital - he simply siad NO - so I drove myself, and admitted myself and the doctor (who by now knows me well) said - where's hubby - when I told him he was at home in bed - that was IT - I had them all rolling in laughter - so NOW will die before I ever go back... horrible - nausty people!
the gits!
Old Sep 1st 2005, 8:48 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This immigration lark really is stressful - hospital for me last night!

The last few weeks before you go as always the worst.. i think thats when the reality of it all sets in, along with feelings of excitment, dread, anguish andthen excitment again. No wonder your heart goes a bit fast !!!
i hope you are feeling much better now, take deep breaths and slow down, easy said i know
kalms worked wonders for me before i left finished a bottle in a few days, but it slowed the heart rate down, and took away the machine machine in my stomach

hope you are alright now.. k on its way to you
Old Sep 1st 2005, 8:52 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Sent you some "chilling" karma ... glad you are ok
Old Sep 1st 2005, 9:14 am
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by tygwyn
Yes it was scarey. Lying down usually does the trick for me too but this time I was lying down for 30 mins and it was just getting worse. Horrible feeling. I'm feeling much better today though thanks.

Take stock and calm down - its not worth getting stressed about is it (hard not to though!!)

You poor thing!

Sometimes life has a way of catching up with you and your body's response is to think 'sod this' Ive had enough and exactly what happened to you is a way of saying 'slow down'.

I know when Ive had too much on my plate, Ive actually wanted to leave and not tell anyone, no joke. When things get too much for me, my immediate reaction is to pack a bag, tell nobody where im going and go somewhere. Its not a rational thought, but its the old 'flight or fight response'

Try and be kiind to yourself, this is such a stressful time for anyone going through it.

No matter what you have to do in the day, take half an hour out to lie down and chill, do what you would normally do to relax, read your fav. magazine, etc. Have that bit of 'normal life' to cling on to, to keep you grounded.

And when you feel like its getting too much, stop what you're doing and sit down with a cuppa.

You mustnt ignore your body when its telling you to stop.

I know just what you are going through, except mine was for different reasons.

And if you look after yourself, keep yourself calm, you will get through it.

You ever fancy a chat, you can PM me.

Because I know what stress can do.

Take care

Love Sam

Old Sep 1st 2005, 9:17 am
Jammy Dodger

floss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nice
Smile Re: This immigration lark really is stressful - hospital for me last night!

It sounds like you have been having a rollercoaster of a ride - I used to and occasionally still do get panic attacks, although so far I have been lucky and they have been mild.... but then again, we haven't even got the house on the market yet, so I'd better touch wood!!!

As daft as it sounds I did find the paper bag trick helps at the beginning of an attack.... you re-breath your own air and this brings the oxygen levels (which have skyrocketed because highly stressed people breath too deeply and too often) back within normal limits... I was told it is the high levels of oxygen which can cause the faintness, palpitations, sweatiness and shaking.... Also helps to not feel that you have to be helpless if you feel one coming on.

Good idea to reduce the intake of tea/coffee... when I am stressed I drink tea by the gallon and wonder why I end up feeling shaky!!!!

Let your hubby take over some of the worrying, but be sure to turn over and go back to sleep when HE wakes up with palpitations!!!!

Anyway, good luck and let us know how you go.....
Old Sep 1st 2005, 6:32 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks ever so much everyone for the posts, pm's and karma - its really cheered me up! Hubby has been great and isn't letting me have anything to do with the house sale (or rent whichever happens first!) and has given me strict orders to relax. Poor bugger I think he was worried sick last night. At least I'll know what to expect next time (assuming there is a next time) and hopefully I'll be able to cope with it a lot better! Thanks again - very touching.

Originally Posted by Fiona&malc
The last few weeks before you go as always the worst.. i think thats when the reality of it all sets in, along with feelings of excitment, dread, anguish andthen excitment again. No wonder your heart goes a bit fast !!!
i hope you are feeling much better now, take deep breaths and slow down, easy said i know
kalms worked wonders for me before i left finished a bottle in a few days, but it slowed the heart rate down, and took away the machine machine in my stomach

Advice taken onboard thanks! I've been out to Tesco and stocked up on Kalms for both the day and for sleeping!
Old Sep 1st 2005, 6:37 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Get well soon
Old Sep 1st 2005, 7:03 pm
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Fiona&malc

I've never suffered with stress before, never really understood people that did. But I tell you what I'm feeling it now.
I wake up thinking about Aus stuff, house sale, packers, family, work (I could go on) and end up with a headache all day and accomplish nothing.

I think I'm going mad
Old Sep 1st 2005, 7:06 pm

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pompeywill
I've never suffered with stress before, never really understood people that did. But I tell you what I'm feeling it now.
I wake up thinking about Aus stuff, house sale, packers, family, work (I could go on) and end up with a headache all day and accomplish nothing.

I think I'm going mad

Ain't that the truth! My heart seems to be permanently on high speed and I flit from one problem to the next to the next! Nice to hear (in a sick sort of way!) that we're all going through the same anxieties!
Old Sep 1st 2005, 7:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Well as the title suggests I ended up in hosptial last night. I had some sort of attack whereby my heart was racing for about 30 mins and I felt as though I was going to pass out constantly. :scared: I was in the house with my 5 year old daughter and was terrified that I would faint while she was there on her own. Thankfully I managed to get hubby back from work and my mum phoned an ambulance for me. When my heart wasn't racing I was shaking like a leaf. It was all very frightening and the first thing the ambulance man asked me was 'are you under any stress at the moment?'!!! I explained that we were leaving for Australia in 2 months and he reckons that was probably the cause! A massive rush of adrenalin causes it apparently? I had to go with them in the Ambulance. A few tests were run in hosptial and then I was back home 2 hours later. All very embarrassing but the upshot is that I'm going to see the doctor today and try and get signed off work for my remaining month. I used to thrive on stress - I'm turning into a right baby!!

So everyone - calm down ok!!
can completely understand. Hubby is fit and well but he collapsed on 19th August with renal colic (kidney stones). Its our medicals next week, how unlucky is that??????
Old Sep 1st 2005, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by glittababe
can completely understand. Hubby is fit and well but he collapsed on 19th August with renal colic (kidney stones). Its our medicals next week, how unlucky is that??????
Oh bloody hell. Poor sod! Hope hes doing ok now and good luck with the meds!
Old Sep 1st 2005, 7:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Oh bloody hell. Poor sod! Hope hes doing ok now and good luck with the meds!
Ahh it seems to be one of many probs that are testing us at the moment! I feel panicky and on edge all the time which isn't good, working long hrs (61 last week), kids go back to school, international signed for haven't delievered our PCC's and form 1022 to our CO yet and when I called the GPO they said "you have to wait 25 days before you can claim"! Wasn't worried about that, our CO has only given us till Oct 6th to get everything to him. Had to resend off for PCC's today and they can take up to 40 days to get back!!!! :scared: Certainly pushing it! That plus other stuff is finally taking its toll on us!
Old Sep 1st 2005, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by glittababe
Ahh it seems to be one of many probs that are testing us at the moment! I feel panicky and on edge all the time which isn't good, working long hrs (61 last week), kids go back to school, international signed for haven't delievered our PCC's and form 1022 to our CO yet and when I called the GPO they said "you have to wait 25 days before you can claim"! Wasn't worried about that, our CO has only given us till Oct 6th to get everything to him. Had to resend off for PCC's today and they can take up to 40 days to get back!!!! :scared: Certainly pushing it! That plus other stuff is finally taking its toll on us!

I'm with you glittababe. I think its the timetable thing that stresses you out more than anything. Ours at the moment is thinking about whether to continue trying to sell or rent. If we sell when would we want to complete?! If we rent from which date would we rent it?! With either of those when would we send our furniture?! Should we send it early to make sure we have it for christmas (but leave us with nothing for a few weeks here!) or send two weeks before we leave and visit family for those two weeks. Then its the worry of whether hubbies redundancy money will arrive on time - if it doesnt how will we fund things and how will we get the money across when it does arrive etc etc etc ......... blah blah blah....... better stop now - panic setting in!

Now... wheres that bottle of kalms gone?.......

Good luck with your timetable!
Old Sep 1st 2005, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

BESWETAJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: This immigration lark really is stressful - hospital for me last night!

Yes it was scarey. Lying down usually does the trick for me too but this time I was lying down for 30 mins and it was just getting worse. Horrible feeling. I'm feeling much better today though thanks.

Take stock and calm down - its not worth getting stressed about is it (hard not to though!!)
BP ^ , palpitations, sweaty palms, deep breath and relax, just like you breathe when in labour, it'll calm you, awful though when something happens that you have no control over, hope you little girl was ok too being alone with you like that. Soon you'll be the other side of the world - how exciting.

The Poet
Old Sep 1st 2005, 9:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

jacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=tygwyn]

hey, hope your ok

try a few red stripes, they work for me

seriously tho take care x

steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.