Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

IM BRITISH GET ME OUT OF HERE

IM BRITISH GET ME OUT OF HERE

Old Jul 3rd 2007, 11:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

auspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud of
Default Re: IM BRITISH GET ME OUT OF HERE

Originally Posted by northernbird
Personally I smell a troll.
Its a pity then that you havent got something a bit more postive to add to the thread

Hopefully our new friends to the forum are out there, finding themselves somewhere better to stay, whilst they begin their exciting adventure in this great country .

Jet lag, being sick. and anti climax can be very unsettling.

Hurry back and hopefully we can hear that things have improved greatly for you, a few good nights sleep will help as well, you will get there
Old Jul 4th 2007, 12:08 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lawfamilyin oz
Episode 1. I will try to control my self and not be to negative for others but this is my space and my expression time. Hi all arrived 23rd April 2007. Me me Husband and 4 Children 17, 13, 9, 4. Got of plane in Perth WA, we booked in Motel in canning. Very big mistake one bedroom loads of money no space and all came down with virus which made our flight not good as well. 8 cases up flights of stairs to doom room I wanted to go home at that point, cryed and cryed went to bed children sad Husband feeling like its all his fault. Any way next day doctors for all paid out first lot of never ending pay out. Then got medi card sorted in Perth so we could get back some cash. things could only get better we thought. Wait for next episode if you dare. Got to go and dish up tea for family ( I am still here in WA with family).
Come back and update us. are things better for you or just as bad. Lots of people are interested.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 3:31 am
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by midwife2be
Hurry up with episode 2 please - I'm on the edge of my seat
Old Jul 4th 2007, 8:14 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Episode 1. I will try to control my self and not be to negative for others but this is my space and my expression time. Hi all arrived 23rd April 2007. Me me Husband and 4 Children 17, 13, 9, 4. Got of plane in Perth WA, we booked in Motel in canning. Very big mistake one bedroom loads of money no space and all came down with virus which made our flight not good as well. 8 cases up flights of stairs to doom room I wanted to go home at that point, cryed and cryed went to bed children sad Husband feeling like its all his fault. Any way next day doctors for all paid out first lot of never ending pay out. Then got medi card sorted in Perth so we could get back some cash. things could only get better we thought. Wait for next episode if you dare. Got to go and dish up tea for family ( I am still here in WA with family).
Is Me-Me your husband?
Old Jul 4th 2007, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

Sorry you've had a bad start. Hope it improves for you very soon.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 11:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

8 suitcases up a staircase.

Christ, how did you ever pass something hard like a driving test?
Old Jul 4th 2007, 12:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

It's true though, if you've amassed 8000 posts over several accounts over 4 years it's easy to know the form.

At least the post was original.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

tequila is just really nicetequila is just really nicetequila is just really nicetequila is just really nicetequila is just really nicetequila is just really nicetequila is just really nicetequila is just really nicetequila is just really nice

Blimey, it must be a big ol' tea you are serving up!
Old Jul 4th 2007, 12:40 pm
Moonbeast

ktyler1961 is just really nicektyler1961 is just really nicektyler1961 is just really nicektyler1961 is just really nicektyler1961 is just really nicektyler1961 is just really nicektyler1961 is just really nicektyler1961 is just really nicektyler1961 is just really nicektyler1961 is just really nicektyler1961 is just really nice

I'm sleeping in a Ford Falcon Station Waggon. It's not too bad cos' I'm a single guy, but I still can't get over the shortage of available accomodation. I have a nice home in England and can appreciate the shock you must be in right now.
Personally, I am a little disgusted with the Ozzie government who have spent millions attracting UK migrants with all sorts of rosey pictures being painted of what to expect. Why is no assistance in place to make peoples landings here a little softer ? Not asking for handouts for anyone, just some means of retaining our status as decent human being.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

auspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud of

The poor buggers who came out as 10 pound poms were picked up and transported to Nissan huts, they must have been hell in the summer and winter.

If the poms chose to go back within 2 years they had to pay for the fare to come here as well. Many couldnt hack it for the 2 years and paid up and went back. Some never left the hostels ( as they were called) before returning home.

Others got out of there as quickly as they could, and went on to bigger and better things, not saying that they never looked back though.

Some of our rellies lived in the hostels, they praised the fact that their food was supplied and they were given help with employment, schooling, everything. I do feel sorry for people who land here for the first time with no support and noone to turn to. We were lucky that we had family to stay with and show us the ropes. I suppose this forum is a bit of a substitute for the help provided in the past, we can give advice on getting started, and support and encouragement when things start to go a bit pear shaped
Old Jul 5th 2007, 1:38 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ktyler1961
I'm sleeping in a Ford Falcon Station Waggon. It's not too bad cos' I'm a single guy, but I still can't get over the shortage of available accomodation. I have a nice home in England and can appreciate the shock you must be in right now.
Personally, I am a little disgusted with the Ozzie government who have spent millions attracting UK migrants with all sorts of rosey pictures being painted of what to expect. Why is no assistance in place to make peoples landings here a little softer ? Not asking for handouts for anyone, just some means of retaining our status as decent human being.
I am sure I read several months ago that the state govts (SA if nowhere else) provides new arrivals with accommodation if they want it. By all accounts it isn't great but a lot better than sleeping in the back of a shaggin wagon.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 1:40 am
Moonbeast

ktyler1961 is just really nicektyler1961 is just really nicektyler1961 is just really nicektyler1961 is just really nicektyler1961 is just really nicektyler1961 is just really nicektyler1961 is just really nicektyler1961 is just really nicektyler1961 is just really nicektyler1961 is just really nicektyler1961 is just really nice

Originally Posted by auspal
The poor buggers who came out as 10 pound poms were picked up and transported to Nissan huts, they must have been hell in the summer and winter.

If the poms chose to go back within 2 years they had to pay for the fare to come here as well. Many couldnt hack it for the 2 years and paid up and went back. Some never left the hostels ( as they were called) before returning home.

Others got out of there as quickly as they could, and went on to bigger and better things, not saying that they never looked back though.

Some of our rellies lived in the hostels, they praised the fact that their food was supplied and they were given help with employment, schooling, everything. I do feel sorry for people who land here for the first time with no support and noone to turn to. We were lucky that we had family to stay with and show us the ropes. I suppose this forum is a bit of a substitute for the help provided in the past, we can give advice on getting started, and support and encouragement when things start to go a bit pear shaped
That's all I need really, a little hut somewhere with a bed, somewhere to wash, and somewhere to cook and eat. This day and age in Australia,with the materials available to build quickly and cheaply, and plenty of land to utilise on a temporary basis, I can't believe that the Ozzie authorities haven't done anything whatsoever to help. I am in WA and the state is awash with money. I'd pay for the accomodation for Gods sake until I could move on.
What do they want here ? A bunch of highly trained and educated people running around like headless chickens struggling to scrape together a civil existence until they find something better ? It's hard enough looking for a job without having to contend with day to day survival. I (and all other people who have to struggle when they get here) should be spending our time searching for suitable employment from day one, and the Ozzie government should have realised this. Surely the quicker people can gain employment and sort themselves out, the better it is for Australia ?
Old Jul 5th 2007, 1:43 am
Moonbeast

Originally Posted by worzel
I am sure I read several months ago that the state govts (SA if nowhere else) provides new arrivals with accommodation if they want it. By all accounts it isn't great but a lot better than sleeping in the back of a shaggin wagon.
Thta's right mate. The shaggin is OK, and so is the waggon for that matter, but you can't beat a proper house for shaggin and somewhere to park the waggon.
Anyway, I'm gonna forget it all today and go for a bevy in the city. Cheers mate.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 1:46 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ktyler1961
That's all I need really, a little hut somewhere with a bed, somewhere to wash, and somewhere to cook and eat. This day and age in Australia,with the materials available to build quickly and cheaply, and plenty of land to utilise on a temporary basis, I can't believe that the Ozzie authorities haven't done anything whatsoever to help. I am in WA and the state is awash with money. I'd pay for the accomodation for Gods sake until I could move on.
What do they want here ? A bunch of highly trained and educated people running around like headless chickens struggling to scrape together a civil existence until they find something better ? It's hard enough looking for a job without having to contend with day to day survival. I (and all other people who have to struggle when they get here) should be spending our time searching for suitable employment from day one, and the Ozzie government should have realised this. Surely the quicker people can gain employment and sort themselves out, the better it is for Australia ?
If you choose to emigrate then you should ensure you have enough money to look after yourself for a few months when you first land. Why should the authorities in Australia look after new migrants when it was their choice to come. Sorry if that seems harsh but just my opinion.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 1:48 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Well i hope the OP and family have sorted things out. They may even be back in UK, hence why they haven't replied.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.