Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

IM BRITISH GET ME OUT OF HERE

IM BRITISH GET ME OUT OF HERE

Old Jun 30th 2007, 11:08 am
Just Joined

lawfamilyin oz is on a distinguished road
Post IM BRITISH GET ME OUT OF HERE

Episode 1. I will try to control my self and not be to negative for others but this is my space and my expression time. Hi all arrived 23rd April 2007. Me me Husband and 4 Children 17, 13, 9, 4. Got of plane in Perth WA, we booked in Motel in canning. Very big mistake one bedroom loads of money no space and all came down with virus which made our flight not good as well. 8 cases up flights of stairs to doom room I wanted to go home at that point, cryed and cryed went to bed children sad Husband feeling like its all his fault. Any way next day doctors for all paid out first lot of never ending pay out. Then got medi card sorted in Perth so we could get back some cash. things could only get better we thought. Wait for next episode if you dare. Got to go and dish up tea for family ( I am still here in WA with family).
Old Jun 30th 2007, 4:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

mad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: IM BRITISH GET ME OUT OF HERE

Originally Posted by lawfamilyin oz
Episode 1. I will try to control my self and not be to negative for others but this is my space and my expression time. Hi all arrived 23rd April 2007. Me me Husband and 4 Children 17, 13, 9, 4. Got of plane in Perth WA, we booked in Motel in canning. Very big mistake one bedroom loads of money no space and all came down with virus which made our flight not good as well. 8 cases up flights of stairs to doom room I wanted to go home at that point, cryed and cryed went to bed children sad Husband feeling like its all his fault. Any way next day doctors for all paid out first lot of never ending pay out. Then got medi card sorted in Perth so we could get back some cash. things could only get better we thought. Wait for next episode if you dare. Got to go and dish up tea for family ( I am still here in WA with family).
Sorry to hear you have had a bad start but im sure given a little more time things can only get better, Im very daring and would love to hear the next episode hope all works out for you all
Old Jun 30th 2007, 4:37 pm
Banned

scmoods is an unknown quantity at this point

got to have a bad day ,to have a good day
Old Jul 1st 2007, 6:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

A two bedroom, selfcontained cabin in a Caravan park, should cost about the same as a motel room. I do realise that transport would be a problem for a newcomer to this country and caravan parks are Generaly located in the outer suburbs. It should be a better option in your case, because of the room outside in the grounds of the park as well.

Possibly buy a car ASAP, that you intend to use in the future as a 2nd car, if this is relevant in your case. Best thing you can do is have a chat on the phone with someone of these boards so to point you in the right direction.... Because a motel with 4 kids certainly isnt.
Old Jul 1st 2007, 11:03 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like another happy bunny here in Perth!!

I hope the next posts say it gets a little better for you....but I seriously doubt it from the tone of your first one!
Old Jul 1st 2007, 4:27 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

never mind it can only get better

what a baptism of fire!

these are things you will laugh about in years to come

good luck
Old Jul 1st 2007, 5:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of light

Hurry up with episode 2 please - I'm on the edge of my seat
Old Jul 1st 2007, 5:25 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you work in a telegraph office?
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 4:33 am
BE Enthusiast

auspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
A two bedroom, selfcontained cabin in a Caravan park, should cost about the same as a motel room. I do realise that transport would be a problem for a newcomer to this country and caravan parks are Generaly located in the outer suburbs. It should be a better option in your case, because of the room outside in the grounds of the park as well.

Possibly buy a car ASAP, that you intend to use in the future as a 2nd car, if this is relevant in your case. Best thing you can do is have a chat on the phone with someone of these boards so to point you in the right direction.... Because a motel with 4 kids certainly isnt.
Have you visited many caravan parks in Aus? Some of them are on a par with the roughest council estates in the Uk. Some of the residents have been kicked out of the housing commission homes and private rentals
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 4:43 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by auspal
Have you visited many caravan parks in Aus? Some of them are on a par with the roughest council estates in the Uk. Some of the residents have been kicked out of the housing commission homes and private rentals
Some private rentals are on par with the roughest council estates in the UK and some of the residents have been kicked out of housing commission homes and private rentals, too. I think Ozzieeagle's comment was more that a caravan park would cost about the same rate as a motel while giving them more room to spread out and let the kiddies play.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 4:54 am
BE Enthusiast

auspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud of

Only trying to give some advice here Dorothy, I must wash my mouth out

you obviously have some experience of caravan parks, so do I, the last one I visited had drunks sleeping round an open fire outside the caravan , with their dogs lying on top of them, ( well you did ask for it)

Last edited by auspal; Jul 2nd 2007 at 5:09 am.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 5:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Bullsheet, I've been to countless caravan parks, never had a problem, and recommend the Big Five Group of caravan parks as a 5 star group.

Have you ever been in one is more to the point, or are you going on hearsay ?

Easiest way to tell, is have a look at the playground facilities and the swimming pool and tennis courts etc. Perth cannot be that different to the rest of Aus.

I'll try and recommend some from 2,000 miles away, where I'm sure you will not have any problems, just check the facilities and you will be able to see for yourself, plus it's not holiday time say you "should" be free of the weekend hoons, that are bound to frequent motels as well.

First port of call would the the Banksia, should be plenty of accom at this time of year. I'm sure it will be ok, be sure to check out things for yourself, and stay away from negative posters. Auspal try and do some modicum of personal research before spewing prejudiced crap to new migrants.

http://www.acclaimparks.com.au/perth.htm

http://www.toptouristparks.com.au/Pa...p=5&ident=cecp

http://www.acclaimparks.com.au/perth.htm

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jul 2nd 2007 at 5:55 am.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 6:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Its not 'bullsheet' and I bet a pound to a pinch of 'bullsheet; that I have visited more that you ozzieeagle

If people book in 5 star caravan sites they will have no problem, but I dont think that this minor point was brought up before???? or maybe I am mistaken once again
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 7:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Its not 'bullsheet' and I bet a pound to a pinch of 'bullsheet; that I have visited more that you ozzieeagle

If people book in 5 star caravan sites they will have no problem, but I dont think that this minor point was brought up before???? or maybe I am mistaken once again

Seeing as I've been in this country 27 years, I doubt that very much. I would say the vast majority of 2 bed cabins in most caravan parks would cost approx the same as a one bed motel room, and be infinitely better.

Hopefully the OP, will see through the crap and work it out for themselves.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Seeing as I've been in this country 27 years, I doubt that very much. I would say the vast majority of 2 bed cabins in most caravan parks would cost approx the same as a one bed motel room, and be infinitely better.

Hopefully the OP, will see through the crap and work it out for themselves.
I've been here for 22 years and have visited many in my line of work

I honestly give up with people like you who are " always right"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.