i love my country

i love my country

Old Aug 17th 2003, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by ratliffe
DESMUND
Stop talking crap
the phrase jumping out of a sinking ship was just a joke hence th '''only joking''' bit but never mind
on replies like yours calling me a bigot proves another contridiction on your behalf and that is trying to take away freedom of speech, why cant people have an opinion without abuse being hearled at them.
it seems you need to travel around a bit as you dont seem to be very wise.
How can you explain your theory, here where i live the asylum seekers all hang around together(which is fair enough) covered in gold all over there hands, expensive leather jackets, they have a house all payed for with no bills, mobile phones, and now they are given money to buy a car and that is a fact. try explaining your defense to the average brit who goes to work 6/7 days a week that has got a loan that he will probably be paying off for the next 10 years and cannot afford to go on holiday. this government only looks afer the outsiders, why do we still have homeless. you say about skilled, then why are they not working then and skilled at what.
you are the only person i have come across so far that has a good thing to say about asylem seekers. they should all be genuine not 'the majority' as you put it, it doesnt really matter anyway, good old England will take care of everyone and there problems. if you like living by the beach it will be a good thing soon because we will all be falling off the land because we are getting so over populated.
Ratliffe!
well said, i totally agree with what you are saying well done for having the balls to say it!
i see that immigrants are even getting taxi's now just in case they miss their stop on the coaches! what a joke!
yes the 'odd one or two' cases are sad but its all the others and there are loads in this country, it would be fair enough if the immigrants had to go through the emigration process first, like we had to but they don't, 'Great Britain, should be renamed 'Soft Britain'!
its not only the immigrants but the dole blodgers too! my hubby works really hard 6 sometimes 7 days a week, and his tax ran out, he didn't have the time to go to re-tax it so it was left for a couple of days yet he was fined £31 yet you read in the local paper night after night, 'no tax, no insurance, no mot, speeding etc, conditional discharge!' im not saying for one minute he shouldn't have been find but it does seem the harder you work in this country the worse off you are!
sorry for venting but Great Britain we are no longer
rach
Old Aug 17th 2003, 9:32 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Originally posted by Florida_03
What's a fact? How about the distribution of this wealth in real terms (eg. how did it help the girl with the baby who asks for a few pence on the tube) instead of this GDP per person economist crap?

And to make this post talk too much and say little here's some bollox for the chippy.

Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me...
Bollox is bollox is bollox, no much how much poetry you wrap it up in.
Your argument is not based on rationale, talks much and says little. $95 000 pa. How much did you give the girl?

Well take them in my learned friend
Keep them well 'till the end
You've got the means, you're not poor
Let them land, on your own fair shore.
Old Aug 17th 2003, 9:42 pm
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by captaincook
It would be refreshing to meet an aussie that does'nt just repeat the same stuff about England. Is it printed in the Lonely Planet guide on Britain what you have to say ? Does'nt any aussies have their own opinions or are they one great big giant collective ?

I liked living in Oz for a time but would'nt rush to go back because one of the biggest problems for me was the shallow nature of the people. I really did feel that if you had met one aussie man and one woman you had met them all. They also seemed to all hold the view that they were some kind of world leading super country when from the perspective of somebody that had previously been educated and travelled the world they clearly are not.

I'm afraid I came to the conclusion that given the limited scope and relative isolation of life in oz most fail to understand Britain when they visit given the size and depth of society here and opportunities that exist in all walks of life.

Captaincook,

I can draw my own opinions and don't need the lonely planet to tell me anything. When I say something, im not repeating what friends have said, or whats popular myth i've researched it and made my own my mind up.

You draw some pretty harsh conclusions based on what appears to be very little knowledge of Australia and its people. I would describe Australians as non-pretencious, honest, hard working and positive people. To say you've met one Aussie, then you've met them all is a sweeping generalisation. If you bothered to look Australia is a multi-cultural society made up of many different ethnic groups, its not a white middle class country by any means.

We also don't pretend we are a super power, or a major player in the world because we know we aren't. We don't have a class system, and whether your wearing a suit or t-shirt and flip flops your treated as an equal. We are the underdogs, and we like it that way. But yes I would say we are a super country, definately. We don't have nukes pointed at us, kids are safe in our schools, we have great weather, you don't need to be rich to live a great life, and we have 2 cities listed in the top 10 cities in the world to live.

The standard respone I recieved from any Briton I met when they learnt my nationality is "What the hell are you doing here". I haven't met one Brit that didn't love Australia who'd actually been there. I appreciate the experiences i've had in England, and given the chance I would always come back to visit. But to live, i'd choose Australian in a heartbeat.

James

Last edited by mcjimbo; Aug 17th 2003 at 9:47 pm.
Old Aug 17th 2003, 10:21 pm
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by chippy
Bollox is bollox is bollox, no much how much poetry you wrap it up in.
Your argument is not based on rationale, talks much and says little. $95 000 pa. How much did you give the girl?

Well take them in my learned friend
Keep them well 'till the end
You've got the means, you're not poor
Let them land, on your own fair shore.
You're welcome to it mate and your bollox will be the end of it.
Old Aug 17th 2003, 11:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mcjimbo
Well just to give a brief synopsis on me.

I was born in Bournemouth, England in 1979. My family left for Australia in 1986 when my dad got offered an educational appointment. I was brought up, educated, and worked in Australia right up until the time of my graduation from university in 2001. I then I headed back to England to broaden my horizons and see Europe.

I live in the South, and have a fair paying job with good prospects. However after being here just over 2 years on I can't wait to leave. I won't deny that I’ve had a great time, and its been an experience I’ll never forget, but England isn’t Australia. I've travelled to most parts of Europe, but now I’ve most certainly had enough. "It was great while it lasted".

Fact, England is one of the most expensive countries to live in Europe. The wage vs cost of living is abysmal. The majority of the population seem to lead boring lives, and live for East Enders, Big Brother and Celebrity scandals so they can pretend their lives aren't so drab and boring. The weather is terrible, honestly who loves the cold, grey sky’s and rain? Don’t get me wrong I love the British people, I just think given the opportunity most would prefer to live somewhere else.

When someone asks me my nationality I proudly say Australian! Because from my experience it is the best country in the world.

James

"England isn't Australia " - thank the sweet lord, but you are right. England has a great and fascinating history and a strong future. England has the ability to give rewarding and challenging careers to many, many people and can make people rich enough to come to Oz and buy a house for cash or put down a very large deposit. England has one of the best reputations for entertainment and night life, for both young and old, in the world, a thriving arts scene (from music and literature to fine art and acting), and has the ability to attract the best talent from all around the world. As you say, Oz is different to that.

"The wage vs cost of living" is pretty similar in Oz and England these days. English wages, for the same jobs (if you can get the equivalent one in Oz) are much higher. Oz's cheap days are coming to an end; certainly a lot more so than poms think.

Big Brother is on Oz TV all the time and is very popular here, as are bad soaps and scandal stories about the few celebrities than Oz has. You have two choices regarding your "The majority of the population seem to lead boring lives, and live for East Enders, Big Brother and Celebrity scandals so they can pretend their lives aren't so drab and boring." comment:
1. Your statement is wrong.
2. Your statement is as true for Ozzies as for poms.

England is a very diverse place - in terms of people's styles of living, interests, cultures, attitudes - and your approach of "The majority of the population ..." may work for a place like Oz, if you think it works for anywhere in the world, but not for somewhere like England, France, Germany, or other "rich" European countries.
Old Aug 17th 2003, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

bryank is an unknown quantity at this point

Demographic studies have shown that given current immigration and natural reproduction rates, whites will be a minority in London by 2010 & by the turn of the century, whites will also be in the minority for the whole of England.

Third World immigration into the UK imports poverty, boosts social delinquency and crime, and costs British taxpayers a fortune - precisely the opposite of what liberals allege are the benefits of such open-door immigration policies.

• London supports some 50,000 destitute asylum seekers
* Poverty in London is getting worse with growing numbers now receiving Income Support and with a growing polarisation of incomes since the 1980s.
• 24% of the total of London's residential population are from a minority ethnic community.
• Inner London has double the national average of children from lone parent families.
• Four of the five local authority areas with the highest rates of teenage pregnancy are in London.
• The number of children looked after by social services in inner London is double the national average.
• London has more unemployment than Scotland and Northern Ireland put together.
• London has an increasing number of homeless households, double that of ten years earlier. Increasingly the capital's young homeless come from London rather than from outside.

Last edited by bryank; Aug 17th 2003 at 11:59 pm.
Old Aug 18th 2003, 12:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by bryank
Demographic studies have shown that given current immigration and natural reproduction rates, whites will be a minority in London by 2010 & by the turn of the century, whites will also be in the minority for the whole of England.

Third World immigration into the UK imports poverty, boosts social delinquency and crime, and costs British taxpayers a fortune - precisely the opposite of what liberals allege are the benefits of such open-door immigration policies.

* Poverty in London is getting worse with growing numbers now receiving Income Support and with a growing polarisation of incomes since the 1980s.
• 24% of the total of London's residential population are from a minority ethnic community.
• Inner London has double the national average of children from lone parent families.
• Four of the five local authority areas with the highest rates of teenage pregnancy are in London.
• The number of children looked after by social services in inner London is double the national average.
• London has an increasing number of homeless households, double that of ten years earlier. Increasingly the capital's young homeless come from London rather than from outside.

I put some of this rubbish in the google search box and saw that the "information" in your post here is taken from Stormfront.org, a white nationalist group. You are a racist fascist, son? Surely not? I am not one of your fans, for sure, but I would have thought you would have had more sense than to get involved in that sort of nasty rubbish.
Old Aug 18th 2003, 12:06 am
BE Forum Addict

I put some of this rubbish in the google search box and saw that the "information" in your post here is taken from Stormfront.org, a white nationalist group. You are a racist fascist, son? Surely not? I am not one of your fans, for sure, but I would have thought you would have had more sense than to get involved in that sort of nasty rubbish.
Old Aug 18th 2003, 12:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Wilf
No of course not! I did get it from a Google search but have no idea who stormfront are. It doesn't change the fact that Third World immigration into the UK is a major concern.

Given your rants on other threads about the downsides of a rapidly increasing ethnic population to a country's future, you are showing signs of being a hyprocrite.
Old Aug 18th 2003, 12:35 am
BE Forum Addict

No of course not! I did get it from a Google search but have no idea who stormfront are. It doesn't change the fact that Third World immigration into the UK is a major concern.

Given your rants on other threads about the downsides of a rapidly increasing ethnic population to a country's future, you are showing signs of being a hyprocrite.

It does mean that you are getting info from a bunch of morons and so why would you feel that the info is worth anything or anywhere near true? I am pleased to hear that your reference to their info was accidental.

You are referring to my posts where I say that I do not think it is good for 40% of the Auckland population to be Asian by 2021. You may have seen that I made it very clear that I would not think it good for 40% of the Auckland population to be Italian, German, or anything (including pom or even just old men from London like me), and that I did not care one way or the other about race or ethnicity but just about one type of people reaching 40% of the population of a city in such a short period and how unsettling that would be for the kiwis and maoris in NZ. If you do not know NZ, then let me tell you that the place has enough problems already with the Maoris and the European background kiwis coming to terms with eachother, without having the major city become 40% (or anything like it) Germans, Italians, or Asians. I am no hypocrite and the only person who would think so is someone who does not properly read what I say or is being intentionally imsleading for the "audience" here.
Old Aug 18th 2003, 12:44 am
Forum Regular

By 2010, other ethnic groups will be the majority in London & by the turn of the century they'll be the majority for the whole country. 3rd world immigrants have already adversely affected our economy & crime rates, so I'm worried about what's going to happen even if you're not.

It is reported in a better source below so it is DEFINITELY TRUE......

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/uk_ne...363750,00.html
Old Aug 18th 2003, 12:59 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

By 2010, other ethnic groups will be the majority in London & by the turn of the century they'll be the majority for the whole country. 3rd world immigrants have already adversely affected our economy & crime rates, so I'm worried about what's going to happen even if you're not.

So immo's ruin a country , this explains why Australia is a lost cause because it is built on refugees and will be for some time .
The biggest influx of immigrants into Australia are from the third world also , so you must be right.

Old Aug 18th 2003, 1:18 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

3rd world immigrants have already adversely affected our economy & crime rates, so I'm worried about what's going to happen even if you're not.

How about posting some of the thousand upon thousand stories on the 'Good" "third world, developing country immigrants" How on earth you can tar all third world immigrants as causing crime I don't know.
Racist rot.

I hope you never encounter the racism of being an immigrant that you are so willing to dole out to immigrants in Britain.
What has colour got to do with anything by the way... are all third world immigrants non-white or something? so many generalisations. Are all English people/Brits white skinned? White is not a race.

And if you think Aus has no probs regarding illegal immigrants you are very much mistaken... Howard won his last election here because of his stance on illegal immigrants... then you have Pauline Hanson, who has a following. Then you have politicians with the boot on the other foot that want the doors open. You are fleeing from one country coming to another which has the same debates on these issues.

cheers
Old Aug 18th 2003, 2:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by pommie bastard

The biggest influx of immigrants into Australia are from the third world also , so you must be right.
Incorrect - yet again.
Old Aug 18th 2003, 2:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Ceri
And if you think Aus has no probs regarding illegal immigrants you are very much mistaken...
Comparatively, it is small-fry in Australia.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.