Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I can't believe there's not a thread on this.....

I can't believe there's not a thread on this.....

Old Sep 21st 2007, 2:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I can't believe there's not a thread on this.....

Originally Posted by Amazulu
He only has himself to blame. The sea belongs to the animals that live in it - we use it on their terms - so if a shark wants to eat you whilst you are in the sea then so be it. If you can't accept this then don't go in the sea. Simple as.
My sentiments exactly............. you won't see me anywhere near the sea.
Old Sep 21st 2007, 2:45 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bobcat
My sentiments exactly............. you won't see me anywhere near the sea.
Yeah, the sea holds no great appeal for me. It's nice to look at or live next to but that's it! I Much prefer the bush - probably why I live in the hills.
Old Sep 21st 2007, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Yeah, the sea holds no great appeal for me. It's nice to look at or live next to but that's it! I Much prefer the bush - probably why I live in the hills.
Here here, I wont go in the sea, sit and look at it and feel the sand beneath my feet. But no way Im going in, I sit there and shark watch, and those who say, oh you wont see sharks because there are dolphins here, well you believe what you want, cuckoo land. Its being in the wrong place at the wrong time, in my book.
Take care you expats, we dont want any news on here that one of you have been eaten by a shark after all that trouble of getting here.
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

movin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nice

I used to live in Bermuda down at the Moorings by Somerset Bridge (worked on the construction of Southampton Princess Hotel).

Bermuda was magic................. Brisbane is magic too!

Perth is much better than both so there you go.

Just remembered about your post! That was a while ago then wasn't it?? Somerset Bridge is beautiful - we're near Flatts.

If Bris is as good and Perth is better we have a whole lot to look forward to!! We love it here - but need more SPACE!!!
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of

What kind of space do you mean ? Silly question I know but if you mean in your own back yard you will be hard pushed in Perth (unless you have a lot of money). If you mean, national parks etc you will be fine in Perth
You have to work out if you like restaurants, travelling interstate to events etc to decide on which state is best for you.

Originally Posted by movin'on
Just remembered about your post! That was a while ago then wasn't it?? Somerset Bridge is beautiful - we're near Flatts.

If Bris is as good and Perth is better we have a whole lot to look forward to!! We love it here - but need more SPACE!!!
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 4:04 pm
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

Just done a search and can't find anything so here goes...

Brisbane or Perth?

Always fancied Bris, something may come up in Perth - what do y'all think?
How bout Hobart? if your into shopping I hear they've got some red hot bargains in Myer
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 4:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cranni
Yawn Yawn Yawn, Define Isolated. Not you Bridie.
you can feel Isolated wherever you are, in the sahara desert or New York.
We certainly dont feel Isolated down here, do we Bridie.
nope
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 4:45 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

OMG! Don't go in the sea ... because of course the bush has absolutely nothing in the way of dangerous beasties lurking in it ....
Old Sep 24th 2007, 12:07 am
Forum Regular

movin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nice

Originally Posted by melaniee
What kind of space do you mean ? Silly question I know but if you mean in your own back yard you will be hard pushed in Perth (unless you have a lot of money). If you mean, national parks etc you will be fine in Perth
You have to work out if you like restaurants, travelling interstate to events etc to decide on which state is best for you.
I mean being able to see the countryside, to climb to the top of a mountain, to drive for hrs and miles to see something different. Bermuda is only 23miles x 1mile and unless you have a boat you never get that sense of freedom you get from going into the middle of nowhere - or even admiring a view that seems to stretch for miles... I just love looking at photos of Yorkshire (or anywhere with 'space' really) as (to sound like a hippy) it centres me!!! Puts me back in touch with nature and all that......
Old Sep 24th 2007, 12:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

I mean being able to see the countryside, to climb to the top of a mountain, to drive for hrs and miles to see something different. Bermuda is only 23miles x 1mile and unless you have a boat you never get that sense of freedom you get from going into the middle of nowhere - or even admiring a view that seems to stretch for miles... I just love looking at photos of Yorkshire (or anywhere with 'space' really) as (to sound like a hippy) it centres me!!! Puts me back in touch with nature and all that......
Are you still only allowed one car per household over there........ irrespective as to how much money you have?

Tom Jones lived just up the road from us and the same rule was applicable to him too............. and he had a bit more money than we had but it made no difference!

I loved it in Bermuda....................... Perth is sooooooooo much better though!
Old Sep 24th 2007, 12:36 am
Forum Regular

Are you still only allowed one car per household over there........ irrespective as to how much money you have?

Tom Jones lived just up the road from us and the same rule was applicable to him too............. and he had a bit more money than we had but it made no difference!

I loved it in Bermuda....................... Perth is sooooooooo much better though!
Yes - still the same rule. The traffic is bad enough as it is. They've also brought in a new rule (under the expat hating govt) that expats without kids cannot buy a car (this is coming in soon) and expats cannot sell a car and buy another one - you can scrap it then buy one but not sell it and buy one! Unbelievable eh?!

Hopefully Perth here we come then!!!
Old Sep 24th 2007, 12:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of

Oh ok, great. Good luck with it all-Australia offers a lot.

Old Sep 24th 2007, 1:27 pm
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
OMG! Don't go in the sea ... because of course the bush has absolutely nothing in the way of dangerous beasties lurking in it ....
I've been told there are sea lice in the sea here apparently they dont bother you in the day but if you go in at night they bite you I'd never heard of this before?
Old Sep 24th 2007, 9:34 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Demeter
I've been told there are sea lice in the sea here apparently they dont bother you in the day but if you go in at night they bite you I'd never heard of this before?
They're called sharks
Old Sep 24th 2007, 9:51 pm
(^v^)

Originally Posted by Dorothy
They're called sharks
ahh thought they lived in Harvey Normans

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.