Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How much equity?

How much equity?

Old Dec 1st 2006, 2:40 pm
A horse walks into a bar.

russmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How much equity?

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
Good point Russ...good job we dont rent either then!
You a squatter?
Old Dec 1st 2006, 4:28 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by russmcp
You a squatter?
Something like that......squatting in the outlaws annexe and saving like buggery!

Bit of a god send to be honest - saving us a grand a month we were paying to rent our 1 bed flat in Gford!!!
Old Dec 1st 2006, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by h1tvd
I think we might have to agree to disagree on this one. To be perfectly honest I can't be arsed to argue over such a moot point.

There are a few things I would deem bloody lucky
1. opening a packet of revels and discovering there we no coffee ones
2. opening a second packet of revels with the same result
3. opening a third ...... OK maybe three is pushing it beyond the realms of possibility but I DO LOVE REVELS and live in hope.
Look, try and see it from my (and many others) point of view can you? We will be going to oz with the shirts on our backs, a suitcase each, our laptop, camera and about £8000 GBP in cash. One does get rather annoyed when reading threads from people with hundreds of thousands (you are not the 1st and I doubt will be the last) of pounds to take, giving it the old, 'my, my, how do you think we will manage with our measly half a million or whatever', how could we possibly live without the brand new Prado, 5 bed house and swimming pool dahling! Oh, and the little ones absolutely MUST have private schooling dahling!!!!
Dont get me wrong, I don't for a second begrudge you a single penny of the money you've, no doubt, made from a house sale....but what I get annoyed at is how you can possibly think for a second that it might not be enough????

Can you see my point? At all??
Old Dec 1st 2006, 4:38 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Look, try and see it from my (and many others) point of view can you? We will be going to oz with the shirts on our backs, a suitcase each, our laptop, camera and about £8000 GBP in cash. One does get rather annoyed when reading threads from people with hundreds of thousands (you are not the 1st and I doubt will be the last) of pounds to take, giving it the old, 'my, my, how do you think we will manage with our measly half a million or whatever', how could we possibly live without the brand new Prado, 5 bed house and swimming pool dahling! Oh, and the little ones absolutely MUST have private schooling dahling!!!!
Dont get me wrong, I don't for a second begrudge you a single penny of the money you've, no doubt, made from a house sale....but what I get annoyed at is how you can possibly think for a second that it might not be enough????

I can! I can understand it's a great relief for those with this financial cushion but it might grate on those who don't. Good luck to everyone!
Old Dec 1st 2006, 4:39 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busterboy
I can! I can understand it's a great relief for those with this financial cushion but it might grate on those who don't. Good luck to everyone!

Oh I am going with £300million! Will I be able to afford bananas in Oz?
Old Dec 1st 2006, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

tofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud of

Now then,

Firstly, you are gonna be stung for some serious excess baggage at the airport when you are told to take that chip off your shoulder, put it into your suitcase and check it into the hold.
You clearly cannot tolerate other peoples' success at all and anyone more "advantaged" than you doesn't deserve to emigrate.
I sent a personal message to h1tvd saying it was brave to post what amount she was taking. I was keen to do the same but avoided it due to possible numpty replies like this.
I feel it is a very valid question. Isn't that what this site is all about?. I expected some helpful comments and have interpreted everyone's circumstances individually. It's a new country, the unknown. What do you think these people (including me) are? International real estate dealers?
You'd also better buy a new laptop, as you'll drop and break the one you have when you trip over your bottom lip.

as David Brent said... "get over it"....
Old Dec 1st 2006, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by tofster
Now then,

Firstly, you are gonna be stung for some serious excess baggage at the airport when you are told to take that chip off your shoulder, put it into your suitcase and check it into the hold.
You clearly cannot tolerate other peoples' success at all and anyone more "advantaged" than you doesn't deserve to emigrate.
I sent a personal message to h1tvd saying it was brave to post what amount she was taking. I was keen to do the same but avoided it due to possible numpty replies like this.
I feel it is a very valid question. Isn't that what this site is all about?. I expected some helpful comments and have interpreted everyone's circumstances individually. It's a new country, the unknown. What do you think these people (including me) are? International real estate dealers?
You'd also better buy a new laptop, as you'll drop and break the one you have when you trip over your bottom lip.

Tosser, oops, sorry Tofster (WTF? - says it all really!)

SO, I cannot tolerate other peoples success eh? You, my friend, clearly possess an inability to read what another person has written and interpret it correctly!

May I suggest that you re-read my posts on this thread? What you will discover is that I have no problem with the amount of money that people are taking - my problem lies with them coming on here bleating on about how they think there buckets of cash wont be enough and wondering how on earth they are going to cope without their own butler etc......

So, in your words, I am a numpty, with a huge chip on my shoulder and a massive bottom lip? All this from a person that knows 'Jack' about me! May I suggest you keep your personal attacks to yourself - see forum rules if in doubt!
Old Dec 1st 2006, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

canifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond repute

Now then,

I feel it is a very valid question. Isn't that what this site is all about?. I expected some helpful comments and have interpreted everyone's circumstances individually. It's a new country, the unknown.
Could not agree more. I nearly didn't post on this one but decided I would not succumb to the British attitude of embarrassment at success. It would be pointless having just posts from people with very little money to take.
The way I look at it is:-
When I'm old and grey and sat back looking over my past life at least I know I gave Australia a try and will not be wondering "what if".
Old Dec 1st 2006, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

tofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud of

Tosser, oops, sorry Tofster (WTF? - says it all really!)

SO, I cannot tolerate other peoples success eh? You, my friend, clearly possess an inability to read what another person has written and interpret it correctly!

May I suggest that you re-read my posts on this thread? What you will discover is that I have no problem with the amount of money that people are taking - my problem lies with them coming on here bleating on about how they think there buckets of cash wont be enough and wondering how on earth they are going to cope without their own butler etc......

So, in your words, I am a numpty, with a huge chip on my shoulder and a massive bottom lip? All this from a person that knows 'Jack' about me! May I suggest you keep your personal attacks to yourself - see forum rules if in doubt!

Help !! Moderator !!. Offensive language.

Please sort this before I am forced to tell him how fabulously wealthy I am......
Old Dec 1st 2006, 5:24 pm
A rather curious boy

Help !! Moderator !!. Offensive language.

Please sort this before I am forced to tell him how fabulously wealthy I am......

Trust a toff like you to be such a snivelling crybaby!
Old Dec 1st 2006, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by canifixit
Could not agree more. I nearly didn't post on this one but decided I would not succumb to the British attitude of embarrassment at success. It would be pointless having just posts from people with very little money to take.
The way I look at it is:-
When I'm old and grey and sat back looking over my past life at least I know I gave Australia a try and will not be wondering "what if".
I'm just pleased he's not bitter about it...
Old Dec 1st 2006, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

h1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to all

LOL

Really LOL

I think the baton has passed to you tofster. Run with it while I make a sharp exit. You're much better with the one liners.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

LOL

Really LOL

I think the baton has passed to you tofster. Run with it while I make a sharp exit. You're much better with the one liners.
I thang you..............
Old Dec 1st 2006, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

LOL

Really LOL

No problem.
Other peoples confrontations my speciality. No one liners, no fee.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 5:32 pm

I thang you..............
Oh, you really are one aren't you.................

You can one line away to your hearts content! I'm bored and off to find something and someone more stimulating to talk about!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.