Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How much equity?

How much equity?

Old Nov 30th 2006, 6:47 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How much equity?

Originally Posted by Pollyana
And I've said this before - cut out the personal comments.
Otherwise you will be leaving the forum for a while.
Where was the personal comment?
I made a 'generalisation' - nothing personal in that Polly!
I thought this forum was about discussion and debate? Merely putting my point of view across!
Old Nov 30th 2006, 7:24 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
Where was the personal comment?
I made a 'generalisation' - nothing personal in that Polly!
I thought this forum was about discussion and debate? Merely putting my point of view across!

In support of you Fluffy, I too wondered where the personal comment was.

Without going into detail, there have been far more personal comments/insults said to people here, with nothing said to the poster - not said to me I might add, but extremely personal all the same.
Old Nov 30th 2006, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

GreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really nice

I find it really hard to believe that a forum that is basically here to help and support each of its members has us all at each others throats.

If some-one is worried about money and how much they can or cannot take, why should it be an issue for them to share it. That is why we are on here, to share information, ask questions and hopefully provide/recieve support with other members.

GreenTea
Old Nov 30th 2006, 5:39 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by h1tvd
I'm just curious to find out how much equity people will be able to take with them. We sometimes feel we will be disadvantaged coming from Scotland as house prices just aren't as high as they are in many places in England(excluding Glasgow and Edinburgh). We are hoping to move to OZ with about £120k. With a good exchange rate (2.5) we will have approx $300000. We know we won't be mortgage free but we aren't mortgage free here either!. How many people are in the enviable position of moving to OZ knowing they will have little or no mortgage? How many people are moving with no savings and are just hoping for the best! :scared:
we have no house to sell, and very little savings.
however, we do have a spirit of adventure and a willingness to have a go, so with a bit of luck we will be ok.
Old Nov 30th 2006, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

canifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Bricklayings obviously paying a lot better in UK than it does here then
Good one
I am a bricklayer by trade but have three businesses. A construction company, a domestic property company and a commercial property company.
I applied as a bricklayer because it was easier than going the business visa route and being tied to starting up a company.
I will enjoy myself in Aus. and will eventually start up a business when I want without the pressure from anyone.
Must say though their are no poor brickies in Britain at the moment.
Old Nov 30th 2006, 7:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of light

If all goes to plan we should have around £250k but then again we might have to come over and validate and then come back to the UK until our place is sold as we may only be given 6 months rather than the year to get out there due to our son's heart condition. That will cut into our equity a bit as there's 5 of us and 3 of those will be adult prices :scared: we'd also want to make the most of the time there so it wouldn't be a short 'holiday' by any means.
Old Nov 30th 2006, 8:00 pm
A horse walks into a bar.

russmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond repute

Touchy?

For the record, both myself and my partner have worked hard all our lives. We have no mortgage because we live in Guildford!!! Check out the house prices online - go figure!!!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, worked hard for or not, "you should think yourselves bloody lucky"!
I live in Guildford and have a mortgage, cheaper than renting
Old Dec 1st 2006, 12:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by canifixit

Good one
I am a bricklayer by trade but have three businesses. A construction company, a domestic property company and a commercial property company.
I applied as a bricklayer because it was easier than going the business visa route and being tied to starting up a company.
I will enjoy myself in Aus. and will eventually start up a business when I want without the pressure from anyone.
Must say though their are no poor brickies in Britain at the moment.
Good on you, where are you heading?
I've had a business running over in NZ for the last 12 months, it was hard work but worth it as we made the grand total of $36
Old Dec 1st 2006, 5:46 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by russmcp
I live in Guildford and have a mortgage, cheaper than renting
Good point Russ...good job we dont rent either then!
Old Dec 1st 2006, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

canifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ian & Sharon
Good on you, where are you heading?
I've had a business running over in NZ for the last 12 months, it was hard work but worth it as we made the grand total of $36
Thanks Ian and Sharon.
We will be moving to Perth (some family their).My brother has a business in Spain and is thinking of selling it and moving to Aus. We may set up a business together. Have not told the wife yet as last time we were in business together I lost a fortune (early 1990's).
Hope everything goes well for you. I do know how hard it can be. I too once worked 7 days a week for a year to make £1600.
Keep plugging away.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 10:17 am
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of

Hi The Colebacks

Sounds very similar to us (Only 4 though) as my son had a previous heart operation and will atke 6 more months to sort out house, but we can only spend 12 days there on our validation trip on the 5th of Jan, will be good anyway. Heading to perth and currently not to far from you in St Albans. Good luck.

Mick
Old Dec 1st 2006, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Angela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
we have no house to sell, and very little savings.
however, we do have a spirit of adventure and a willingness to have a go, so with a bit of luck we will be ok.

Best thread on this post - I agree you have to "go for it"
Old Dec 1st 2006, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

h1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to all

Originally Posted by GreenTea
I find it really hard to believe that a forum that is basically here to help and support each of its members has us all at each others throats.

If some-one is worried about money and how much they can or cannot take, why should it be an issue for them to share it. That is why we are on here, to share information, ask questions and hopefully provide/recieve support with other members.

GreenTea
If only everyone was as mature as you - myself included!!
Old Dec 1st 2006, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

h1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to all

Touchy?

For the record, both myself and my partner have worked hard all our lives. We have no mortgage because we live in Guildford!!! Check out the house prices online - go figure!!!

Have to also add, that we neither feel comfortable relocating to the other side of the world with just a rucksack and a clean pair of underwear - however, our visas expire in 2010 and theres just no way we can save that much money in that short time!

My post was more about you people (that, incidentally, really annoy the crap out of me), coming on here, giving it the old, 'woe is me, will my trillion pounds be enough to see us through'?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, worked hard for or not, "you should think yourselves bloody lucky"!
I think we might have to agree to disagree on this one. To be perfectly honest I can't be arsed to argue over such a moot point.

There are a few things I would deem bloody lucky
1. opening a packet of revels and discovering there we no coffee ones
2. opening a second packet of revels with the same result
3. opening a third ...... OK maybe three is pushing it beyond the realms of possibility but I DO LOVE REVELS and live in hope.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Angela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond repute

[ but I DO LOVE REVELS and live in hope.[/QUOTE]

Whats the crack with taking all the peanut ones out
them raisen crappy things are no substitute - have become a great shot out the patio doors to the fence, n the birds love em
angela

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.