Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How fashionable are Australians?

How fashionable are Australians?

Old May 2nd 2005, 4:21 am
"Whats That In Pounds?"

PIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant future
Default Re: How fashionable are Australians?

Originally Posted by Badge
Or I can say is, where we live there is no corelation of what you wear with your socio-economic status.
Where do you live then? The University For Complex Statements.

I thought socio-economic status was how much of a lemon you feel when your debit card gets declined.
Old May 2nd 2005, 5:04 am
BE Enthusiast

chocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by PIXAU
Where do you live then? The University For Complex Statements.

I thought socio-economic status was how much of a lemon you feel when your debit card gets declined.
Pixau - have you been out the front door yet today?? You are the BEST entertainment today
Old May 2nd 2005, 5:07 am
"Whats That In Pounds?"

PIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by chocaholic
Pixau - have you been out the front door yet today?? You are the BEST entertainment today
I've got the Flu (oh poor me ) so I'm not up to my usual standard! Just sitting here trying to make myself smile.
Old May 2nd 2005, 5:12 am
BE Enthusiast

chocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by PIXAU
I've got the Flu (oh poor me ) so I'm not up to my usual standard! Just sitting here trying to make myself smile.
Ah well - you make me laugh, anyway. Get well soon & don't forget the extra vitamins!
Old May 2nd 2005, 5:21 am
wombat42

Very fashionable, take Sir Les Patterson for example.
Attached Images   

Last edited by wombat42; May 2nd 2005 at 5:24 am.

Old May 2nd 2005, 5:27 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wombat42
Very fashionable, take Sir Les Patterson for example.

A man of such distinquished taste - and he always has something ready to eat for the ladies, on the front of this shirt. Is that called BYO!

Last edited by Vanessa; May 2nd 2005 at 5:31 am.
Old May 2nd 2005, 5:30 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vanessa
A man of such distinquished taste - and he always have something ready to eat for the ladies, on the front of this shirt. Is that called BYO!
Old May 2nd 2005, 5:45 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

I work in an office and my "stlye" would be - Business Casual - I think.
Slacks, nice top, occasional suit or dress.

At home it's different though! Capri's, singlet and thongs for the warm months and jeans and a jumper for cooler weather.

I like the style here as it seems to cater to no one and everyone. Meaning I can buy that daggy, old fashioned item that is totally my personality and no one cares. But in the next shop I can get something very upscale and flash for those special nights out.

Wear what you like!

Siren
Old May 2nd 2005, 5:50 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
I work in an office and my "stlye" would be - Business Casual - I think.
Slacks, nice top, occasional suit or dress.

At home it's different though! Capri's, singlet and thongs for the warm months and jeans and a jumper for cooler weather.

I like the style here as it seems to cater to no one and everyone. Meaning I can buy that daggy, old fashioned item that is totally my personality and no one cares. But in the next shop I can get something very upscale and flash for those special nights out.

Wear what you like!

Siren

I'm glad you signed that Siren, after reading the first couple of lines I had a picture of Brian at work with a dress on.
Old May 2nd 2005, 5:52 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Agree with the previous brisbane poster, out here in the suburbs no-one seems to give a fig for appearance and comfort rules. In the City/Valley, particularly out at night, there is a sense that people have made an effort with their appearance and clothes are trendier.

The main difference I've noticed when shopping is the apparent absence of middle priced shops. There are plenty of cheap shops churning out last season in europes stuff (not a criticism before i get jumped on, summer here comes later after all) which I would compare to New Look/ Top Shop/ Dorothy Perkins and shops selling expensive designer names, but no equivalent of Karen Millen or even Oasis type shops. The middle priced places tend to be very frumpy and I think aimed at an older market. A Mango or Zara would be very welcome here!

Michaela
Old May 2nd 2005, 6:00 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Oooh! I forgot to mention the "teen scene" where if you wear anything other than Roxy, Billabong, Bubblegum or other "surf" name brands, you are banished from the sight of all other teens.

Don't even THINK about shopping in Best and Less after age 12!

Siren

P.S. *Giggles at Bordy and the idea of "macho" Brian in a dress*
Old May 2nd 2005, 6:19 am
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
Oooh! I forgot to mention the "teen scene" where if you wear anything other than Roxy, Billabong, Bubblegum or other "surf" name brands, you are banished from the sight of all other teens.
That doesn't end with they hit their 20s though. Hubby is 27 and I had to physically restrain him from spending £30 on a quicksilver t-shirt yesterday. A t-shirt for that price. Jeez!!!
Old May 2nd 2005, 6:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mcmercer
Agree with the previous brisbane poster, out here in the suburbs no-one seems to give a fig for appearance and comfort rules. In the City/Valley, particularly out at night, there is a sense that people have made an effort with their appearance and clothes are trendier.

The main difference I've noticed when shopping is the apparent absence of middle priced shops. There are plenty of cheap shops churning out last season in europes stuff (not a criticism before i get jumped on, summer here comes later after all) which I would compare to New Look/ Top Shop/ Dorothy Perkins and shops selling expensive designer names, but no equivalent of Karen Millen or even Oasis type shops. The middle priced places tend to be very frumpy and I think aimed at an older market. A Mango or Zara would be very welcome here!

Michaela
Mango has got to Sydney. Hopefully they'll be headed your way soon...
Old May 2nd 2005, 7:07 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen
That doesn't end with they hit their 20s though. Hubby is 27 and I had to physically restrain him from spending £30 on a quicksilver t-shirt yesterday. A t-shirt for that price. Jeez!!!

Sounds reasonable to me, Ive spent £100 on a t-shirt, obviously thet was when I was single and had a life
Old May 2nd 2005, 7:29 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

But I live in Paddington, whatcha trying to say?

Originally Posted by Un-Co
Agree with everyone who says it depends where you are. In Sydney there are areas (Paddington, Woollahra, Double Bay Etc) where they are perfectly accessorised and wearing head to toe labels even to pop out for milk. In the country it's all RM Williams, driza-bones and flannos. You'll also find pretty much everything in between. There are plenty of Australian fashion mags and some of the Aussie designers are getting pretty big globally. Horses for courses I suppose.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.