Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How did you all find out about britishexpats.com?

How did you all find out about britishexpats.com?

Old Mar 25th 2004, 6:36 am
Very happy member !!!

bubcay is an unknown quantity at this point

After reading millions of posts on this forum, I am ashamed to admit that I can not recall how I stumbled upon this site. I only know that it was 6-7 months after I applied for immigration.

IMHO this is the best site I have ever browsed through, and I really appreciate every single advice I got here.

Cheers to you all.

Last edited by bubcay; Mar 25th 2004 at 1:36 pm.
Old Mar 25th 2004, 7:39 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

I was just searching for NZ stuff and surfing the net and think the site just came up on one of my searches
Old Mar 25th 2004, 8:16 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I found it through Alan Collett, the migration agent with Go Matilda; I e-mailed him with some basic finance questions after reading the Aussie Outlook paper, and he said I could either pay his company, or ask on here!!! (they were fairly basic question)
Been here ever since........
Old Mar 25th 2004, 10:34 am
Impressive Member

lostkiwi is an unknown quantity at this point

Buddy who was emigrating to Canada told me about it - been addicted ever since - have to drag myself away from time to time so that I don't think about being stuck here to much.

Great advice & help from all...
Much better now PB has gone (anyone remember him?)
Old Mar 25th 2004, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

I was on a yahoo forum for British expat mums , when I said I was going to oz for a recce last November another mum (who is now living in Brisbane )told me about the site. thank you Siobhan
We've learnt so much just by reading the threads.
Old Mar 25th 2004, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

noodle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by helinuk
I was on a yahoo forum for British expat mums , when I said I was going to oz for a recce last November another mum (who is now living in Brisbane )told me about the site. thank you Siobhan
We've learnt so much just by reading the threads.
I thought I told you about this site Helen?!!!

Anyway, I found it by doing a search on askjeeves.
Old Mar 25th 2004, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

evorobin is an unknown quantity at this point

As no one from adelaide has replied I feel obliged. I think I found it on a google search although having been in oz for two years it's a bit strange having already emmigrated...

Anyway through this site I found adelaidebrits which is also very good. Personally we found the paperwork fairly straight forward and never considered an agent.
Old Mar 25th 2004, 1:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by noodle
I thought I told you about this site Helen?!!!

Anyway, I found it by doing a search on askjeeves.
Really , how did I know you before the forum? who are you when you're not noodle?
Old Mar 25th 2004, 2:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Really , how did I know you before the forum? who are you when you're not noodle?

I stumbled on this site when doing a Google search on spouse visa (I was going to say for my wife but that would be stating the obvious!!). I was looking at some website and there was a link to BE's. I signed up as TennisOz, someone stole my identity a few months later to launch a tirade of abuse at others (I now know who it was) then I re-signed as OzTennis with a password even I can't remember!

As others have said it is a fantastic site for gathering information, sometimes getting the news before it is in the news and for exchanging views. Just as in life itself you get your wide cross-section on here so it can be informative, amusing, educational, and sporty - which are the main areas I concentrate on. And yep, I come from Melbourne and live in Scotland now so I go on a bit about them I know. As most of you know it can be quite addictive as well because of how good it is and as someone said when you start signing your normal emails with your username here you know you've got a problem!

OzTennis
Old Mar 25th 2004, 2:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud of

Originally posted by katherineiv
Hi all,
I found this site by going on another site.
I go on a site called essential baby.com where i went to meet other mums in oz and find out abit then one of the girls gave me this site.............
have got loads of imfo from here

cheers katherine
Hi Katherine - you found the site OK then!
Old Mar 25th 2004, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well that would be telling, wouldn't it? No, seriously, I was on another forum for expats and you joined just after me. I can't remember what it was called now as it wasn't very good, especially after I found this site. I spoke to you as I was hoping to go to Melbourne and you were too. Ring any bells yet?
Old Mar 25th 2004, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by noodle
Well that would be telling, wouldn't it? No, seriously, I was on another forum for expats and you joined just after me. I can't remember what it was called now as it wasn't very good, especially after I found this site. I spoke to you as I was hoping to go to Melbourne and you were too. Ring any bells yet?
Only Britishexpatmums forum -are you the mum from Manchester?
Old Mar 25th 2004, 2:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Only Britishexpatmums forum -are you the mum from Manchester?

I'll pm you now
Old Mar 25th 2004, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

traceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant future

I phoned parcel force for a price on sending some documents to Adelaide and the girl on the other end of the phone asked if it was to do with emigrating. I said yes and she told me she is off to Adelaide with her family in a couple of weeks to validate their visas. She then asked if I had been on this site, and I have been hooked ever since.

Thanks paulandpaula!

Have a good trip!

Tracey
Old Mar 26th 2004, 5:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all

i found the site whilst surfing......has been fantastic for finding bits of info and saved me a fortune(havent had to hire an agent!)