Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How did you all find out about britishexpats.com?

How did you all find out about britishexpats.com?

Old Mar 24th 2004, 7:25 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Not sure whether it was google or jeeves that told me about this site, but i'm so glad i found it!

Have already recommended it to two other friends and will continue to do so!!
Old Mar 24th 2004, 7:54 pm
99.99999% there !

EssexNobby is an unknown quantity at this point

I saw it mentioned in the UK based migration newspaper Australian News
Old Mar 24th 2004, 8:12 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

I have no idea....

Surfing... link maybe via that escape artist site.
I think it was around the time I was looking for (dutch) people's personal stories on emigrating(fun!), but there's not many(well, not many that have their own website and post regular updates, though I've found 1 old dutch one (the've stopped posting) and 1 other good one, and some english ones of course.

We don't have a forum like this here, and I started on here via the Immigration forum, and then got hooked...
The only reasonable good Dutch thing we have is this http://www.prikpagina.nl/list.php?f=490
It's a sort of message board instead of a forum.
And it's for all emigration, not just Oz/NZ stuff, though that is what most posts are about.
But as you can see, the format isn't great(an understatement!), and there isn't that much posting going on.
It's all the same topics as here though, visa's, agents, shipping....

Old Mar 24th 2004, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by Simone82
I have no idea....

Surfing... link maybe via that escape artist site.
I think it was around the time I was looking for (dutch) people's personal stories on emigrating(fun!), but there's not many(well, not many that have their own website and post regular updates, though I've found 1 old dutch one (the've stopped posting) and 1 other good one, and some english ones of course.

We don't have a forum like this here, and I started on here via the Immigration forum, and then got hooked...
The only reasonable good Dutch thing we have is this http://www.prikpagina.nl/list.php?f=490
It's a sort of message board instead of a forum.
And it's for all emigration, not just Oz/NZ stuff, though that is what most posts are about.
But as you can see, the format isn't great(an understatement!), and there isn't that much posting going on.
It's all the same topics as here though, visa's, agents, shipping....

I was reading a website written by somone who emigrated and she really made me laugh, she recommended this site and I am too now addicted to it. Great advice and mainly fun apart from the odd person who thinks he's funny but is in fact extremely crass!!
Old Mar 24th 2004, 8:29 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

I did the first stage partner visa in the UK without this board but last year whilst looking for tips on final stage processing I found this place. Ended up in an argument with Ceri and got hooked.
Old Mar 24th 2004, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

snowhite is an unknown quantity at this point

I was getting addicted to GO MATILDA then someone there mentioned this site and now Im addicted to this one !!!:scared:
But only when my computer lets me ,anyone else having problems getting on here ?
Old Mar 24th 2004, 8:59 pm

nikkers will become famous soon enoughnikkers will become famous soon enough

Hi

I think we found this site from the Irons family web site.

It has been great but is really addictive.

As a nurse I had thought of using an agent but now am applying myself after advice and help from this site.

The expats meetings will help with making friends when you first arrive....Can't wait to put faces to names!

Nikki x
Old Mar 24th 2004, 9:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How did you all find out about britishexpats.com?

Through Australian News, great paper by the way, wish i'd found this site earlier too, takes alot of the impatience out knowing other people are in a similar position also there is a whole mine of information on here as opposed to the advice our agent has given us!
best wishes
rach x
Old Mar 24th 2004, 11:16 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Found it down the back of the search engine sofa!
Of course I was about 6 months too late as we had already submitted application.
Now I can't stop telling everyone about it.
So many people I know have emigrated recently or are in process of doing so (not all to OZ I might add).
Old Mar 24th 2004, 11:37 pm
ABCDiamond

I am sometmes on an Australian Property Investment forum Somersoft and someone mentioned, and gave the link for this one, so I checked it out, and now live here On the forum that is !

Old Mar 24th 2004, 11:38 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I used to post on usenet newsgroups and the Autralian immigration one had loads of messges "posted from britishexpats.com" So I stopped using usenet and had a look at the Expats web site.
Old Mar 25th 2004, 2:53 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

I found it on the day we received our visas
Still though we could have done with it earlier, its been invaluable since and the info and advice from here has made the transition much easier than it may have been.
Old Mar 25th 2004, 3:04 am
BE Enthusiast

wombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to all
Default Re: How did you all find out about britishexpats.com?

yeah i found it surfing.
A real pisser i didnt come across it a couple of years back cos i was in visa strife then and it was well stressful.
Great forum though. Apart from pathetic arguments by trolls.

Last edited by wombatboy; Mar 25th 2004 at 3:09 am.
Old Mar 25th 2004, 4:19 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

I used to go on the onestop.wa site which eventually folded up, then I think it was Jopaulss who told me about this one.
Old Mar 25th 2004, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

scitta is an unknown quantity at this point

Hubby found it while surfing the net for info. on Oz during our visa process.

Now more than him, I am addicted to this site, and no prizes for guessing why , too much valuable information, and loads of helpful replies.

Guess by the time we make the final move to Oz., it will look too familiar to us with all the info gathered from this site.

Great site *****

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.