Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How can you watch UK TV on your computer for Free in Australia?

How can you watch UK TV on your computer for Free in Australia?

Old Jul 2nd 2012, 9:28 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How can you watch UK TV on your computer for Free in Australia?

Originally Posted by steve_kelly_and_boys
got ya

right being a bit of a thicko here but how do you sign this u.s.a wdtv live box onto your internet ( hulu netflix ) with one of the hide vpn's

i know how to get round it with the laptop but not this

this is why i was looking at having the router automatically sign into the hide vpn but as you said it will slow everthing down too much
You need an account with unblock-us ($5 a month) then here are the setup details for the Western Dig:

http://support.unblock-us.com/custom...rticles/291573

You can subscribe to Netflix with an Aussie credit card, it's about $8 a month but you have to give a fake US address if I remember correctly.

Hulu Plus is harder to subscribe to and out of the 2 Nexflix is better IMO - lots of TV shows plus movies, Hulu Plus has American adverts and the picture can freeze and jump even on the lowest definition setting. Most of the time it's OK though.
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Camberwell/S.E London > Orpington > Mornington > heart will always be in Tullamore. Co Offaly
steve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to all

RENTH !!

ORDERED ......YOU ARE THE MAN !!!
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 8:49 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve_kelly_and_boys
RENTH !!

ORDERED ......YOU ARE THE MAN !!!
's OK. It's always good to stick it to the man. Netfllx is cool and a hell of a lot cheaper than Foxtel.
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 11:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
's OK. It's always good to stick it to the man. Netfllx is cool and a hell of a lot cheaper than Foxtel.
Just out of curiosity... how do you work out a false US address... out of the white pages or something ?
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 1:06 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Just out of curiosity... how do you work out a false US address... out of the white pages or something ?
Well, the process of subscribing to Hulu Plus is quite involved and you need an address in either Oregon or Delaware. I went to a real estate site and picked a home in Portland, Oregon. You need the full 8 figure US postcode too.

I used THAT postcode for my Netflix sub. That's what I did anyway.
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 2:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Well, the process of subscribing to Hulu Plus is quite involved and you need an address in either Oregon or Delaware. I went to a real estate site and picked a home in Portland, Oregon. You need the full 8 figure US postcode too.

I used THAT postcode for my Netflix sub. That's what I did anyway.
Thanks. I've looked at it before but never gone that far.
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 10:56 am
Sydneysider as of May'05

drog1998 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank Renth, i tried it last night and got it running on my PS3, it's amazing how easy it is. the best thing is that not all internet traffic has to go through there onl the sites that need overseas access.

As for the address on Netflix its just a zip code they ask for you i used 90210 - Beverly Hills .

I'm going to give Hulu a go tonight.

On a separate note i actually cancelled Foxtel today it was costing $87 for a few lofestyle channels and HD. I do still want it so hoping they call me back with a better offer.
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 11:35 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by drog1998
Thank Renth, i tried it last night and got it running on my PS3, it's amazing how easy it is. the best thing is that not all internet traffic has to go through there onl the sites that need overseas access.

As for the address on Netflix its just a zip code they ask for you i used 90210 - Beverly Hills .

I'm going to give Hulu a go tonight.

On a separate note i actually cancelled Foxtel today it was costing $87 for a few lofestyle channels and HD. I do still want it so hoping they call me back with a better offer.
This is what you need for Hulu Plus

http://www.buyfrompowerseller.com/hu...utside-the-us/
Old Jul 4th 2012, 11:24 am
Lancs to central coast

simnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud of

Just signed up for a free month of uk Netflix as I already have a uk VPN for bbc etc, I signed up with my oz PayPal account & wasn't asked for a uk address!
Is the uk version as good as USA version? Only watched first episode of Fawlty Towers so far.
I've got it set up on an old MacBook & have the rgb cable, I have a lg smart tv, wd live tv (not US version), a ps3 & xbox360, can I stream from MacBook to tv or wd live? Wd can find files on MacBook but not sure about watching Netflix wirelessly!
Old Jul 5th 2012, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Camberwell/S.E London > Orpington > Mornington > heart will always be in Tullamore. Co Offaly
steve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to all

have to say the wdtv live box is one seriously good bit of kit

i would highly recommend anyone get one if only to watch youtube / abc iview / and tune in radio

very very good quality and for only $135
Old Oct 11th 2012, 12:17 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello

I am a complete novice at this so please bare with me

We currently have Foxtel, which was the easy option as new migrants. Luckily, we got the new 6 month contract, as our plan is to do the streaming/torrenting thing. Not impressed with what is on Foxtel so far, so have started the research.

So far I have downloaded utorrent (tried expatshield but it went wonky so have removed it)

What do I do now?

We will mainly be wanting to watch US tv series such as NCIS, sci-fi stuff, Chuck etc, Dr Who Neighbours, films etc.

We have a hardrive arriving on the container, but will we need some like a WDTV thing? We are wirelessly networked and would like to be able to stream to other rooms too. One of our TVs is a Smart TV, wireless with a dongle and we also have x2 Smart blu--ray players.

Doing the piratenet thing doesn't sit well with me, so would rather do things legitamitely so don't mind paying a few bucks for the right thing, given that we would be saving rather more by doing away with Foxtel

Any help would be VERY greatfully received

Oh yes, we have Dodo Unlimited ADSL2 and average at around 4mb I think

TIA
Old Oct 11th 2012, 1:01 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

You need an account with unblock-us ($5 a month) then here are the setup details for the Western Dig:

http://support.unblock-us.com/custom...rticles/291573

You can subscribe to Netflix with an Aussie credit card, it's about $8 a month but you have to give a fake US address if I remember correctly.

Hulu Plus is harder to subscribe to and out of the 2 Nexflix is better IMO - lots of TV shows plus movies, Hulu Plus has American adverts and the picture can freeze and jump even on the lowest definition setting. Most of the time it's OK though.
Is it possible to download from Netflix rather than stream? Just registered with them, but can't see how to do it?
Old Nov 27th 2012, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

jacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud of

Where's a good place to find Eastenders.

We are up to 8th Nov 2012 as my Mum has been sending it out. She is not able to now so we are hoping to download.

Not worried about exact up-to-date episodes, just ones that follow on from the date above.

Here's hoping!

J
Old Nov 27th 2012, 8:08 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jacknscoob
Where's a good place to find Eastenders.

We are up to 8th Nov 2012 as my Mum has been sending it out. She is not able to now so we are hoping to download.

Not worried about exact up-to-date episodes, just ones that follow on from the date above.

Here's hoping!

J
UKNova. Latest episode available every day.
Old Nov 27th 2012, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Lucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simnmax
Just signed up for a free month of uk Netflix as I already have a uk VPN for bbc etc.
What VPN provider do you use? I'm reading up on this at the mo. I have trialled VPN with a freebie 'bestukvpn.com' but as you'd expect, free=veryveryveryslow. It proved a theory though, that I can use it to access iPlayer. Watched grand prix highlights with MUCH buffering!

Am currently looking at strongvpn.com myself but recommendations are always good . What's your bandwidth, buffering, etc like?

My current alternaative is to use one of these dodgy streaming sites. Sometimes get great feed for the Premiership etc but the popup ads are a major pain in the arse. Not complaining as they're free, but a vpn would be better.

Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.