Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How can you watch UK TV on your computer for Free in Australia?

How can you watch UK TV on your computer for Free in Australia?

Old Apr 16th 2012, 7:43 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How can you watch UK TV on your computer for Free in Australia?

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Damn you sensible people, I am still with BigPond ... I know it's expensive but it's reliable and I'm loath to change.
Oh i'm with Bigpond too, but get 200Gb as we speak. New plan is 500Gb and can update with a phone call, but never go over the 200Gb so no need!

Stuck with a 13Mbps connection speed due to being 2.4k from the exchange, but hey, they'll be doin fibre to my door in 2055 so should be able to break all the records then!
Old Apr 16th 2012, 7:46 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
Oh i'm with Bigpond too, but get 200Gb as we speak. New plan is 500Gb and can update with a phone call, but never go over the 200Gb so no need!

Stuck with a 13Mbps connection speed due to being 2.4k from the exchange, but hey, they'll be doin fibre to my door in 2055 so should be able to break all the records then!
I manage to keep under our 50Gb limit most months. I don't do high def video though, not worth it with our TV

The cost is extortionate though.
Old Apr 16th 2012, 9:16 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I urge anyone who likes watching downloads, and is not technology minded, to get a sub-$100 Western Digital TV Live media player - a simple, incredibly easy to use piece of technology. The latest version - $135 from Officeworks - has built-in media streaming and access to Youtube, Facebook etc.

I have yet to come across a media file that it cannot play.
I've had mine for two years and come close to throwing it in the bin for its lack of user friendliness.
Old Apr 16th 2012, 11:11 am
Account Closed

I urge anyone who likes watching downloads, and is not technology minded, to get a sub-$100 Western Digital TV Live media player - a simple, incredibly easy to use piece of technology. The latest version - $135 from Officeworks - has built-in media streaming and access to Youtube, Facebook etc.

I have yet to come across a media file that it cannot play.
+1

Or come across a file that developes pic / audio sync issues like some other devices i've used over the years.

I've got a Telstra T-Box which with it's last update now has 'My Media' tab so you can access your network thru that. It was looking good till it complained about the odd file, but worse the pic / audio has gone out on a few files ...

Got 3 WDLive units tho and NONE have ever missed a beat ... Can stream 1080p to all 3 from my desktop without a glitch! ...

Only gripe is no volume control, but what TV don't have a volume control these days!
Old Apr 16th 2012, 11:15 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by DeadVim
I manage to keep under our 50Gb limit most months. I don't do high def video though, not worth it with our TV

The cost is extortionate though.
Had 50GB PM with Internode before goin back to Helstra but hit t every month in the 3rd week, and had to start telling the family to hold back! ...

I only go for HD now if available, and a few weeks back took in the extended version of Avatar i've had stored on me drive for ages! I'd just bought a 60" so had waited for that to view it on .... awesome quality! ...
Old Apr 16th 2012, 11:46 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

+1

Or come across a file that developes pic / audio sync issues like some other devices i've used over the years.

I've got a Telstra T-Box which with it's last update now has 'My Media' tab so you can access your network thru that. It was looking good till it complained about the odd file, but worse the pic / audio has gone out on a few files ...

Got 3 WDLive units tho and NONE have ever missed a beat ... Can stream 1080p to all 3 from my desktop without a glitch! ...

Only gripe is no volume control, but what TV don't have a volume control these days!
Love my WDTVlive but do occasionally have audio/synch issues but that may be the files. Cant figure out how to stream yet! What's the secret?
Using Optus 500GB download a month. Some months get close to half!
Old Apr 16th 2012, 11:52 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by andrew63
Cant figure out how to stream yet! What's the secret?
Plug it into your network (not tried wireless as my house is all cabled) and it'll see whatever folders you 'share'.

I take it your playing off your USB? ... if so, that'll be the sync issues. I've had numerous DVD players with USB inputs over the years but had the sync issues with all of them. Tried allsorts of sticks, but the same with all!

Can't stand all that hitting pause / play during a movie! ...
Old Apr 16th 2012, 12:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

My iinet cap is now 400Gb with no on/off-peak (shaped is 512k now as well, so not too bad). Even I, as a download fiend, struggle to use that in a month!
Never new shaped was 512... thats news.

Well I did it.... Foxtel goes off tomorrow... then they get the box on the 28th of April... they offered me 76 bucks per month which I politely declined. Heres hoping the retention team calls me with a 56 buck and iq2 offer before that date.

If they dont, I'll never use or recommend them again.

Fact is you can get football live on the net from anywhere and you can get any show you want.... It's just a bit of work thats all.

I'm minus a recording device now though.... I may take up IInets Fetch tv 20 buck offer for that yet.... I do have Play TV and a Playstation though... so that may just suffice.

Got the Revo and XBMC happening.... Wife can use it easily. The Downloads she is having a bit of trouble with.
Old Apr 17th 2012, 12:42 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Never new shaped was 512... thats news.

Well I did it.... Foxtel goes off tomorrow... then they get the box on the 28th of April... they offered me 76 bucks per month which I politely declined. Heres hoping the retention team calls me with a 56 buck and iq2 offer before that date.

If they dont, I'll never use or recommend them again.

Fact is you can get football live on the net from anywhere and you can get any show you want.... It's just a bit of work thats all.

I'm minus a recording device now though.... I may take up IInets Fetch tv 20 buck offer for that yet.... I do have Play TV and a Playstation though... so that may just suffice.

Got the Revo and XBMC happening.... Wife can use it easily. The Downloads she is having a bit of trouble with.
My mistake, iinet shaped speed is 256k - which is still not too bad. Definitely acceptable for general browsing.

Foxtel will get back to you with another offer - they really do want your business and even $56 is money for jam to them!
Old Apr 17th 2012, 1:03 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

+1

They are great little units. For $115 it will play any file, stream 1080p, you can look at youtube, facebook, view your photos, listen to music, attach a USB drive etc.

Damn good value and very easy to use.
Old Apr 18th 2012, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

jacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud of

On a small point.....am still working it all out

On the websites where people can have access to download TV progs (eg. isohunt) why are the titles not very good or informative? Or am I missing some of the detail. For example if a person (not me) looks up 'The Apprentice UK' some of the results have titles having no relation.

I hope this question makes sense Am a bit miffed
Old Apr 18th 2012, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

jacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud of

Unless I am missing something, headings for potential TV downloads are just not very good is that right?

Can anyone recommend a site that is good for finding books?

How would one get an invitation code?
Old Apr 18th 2012, 10:51 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jacknscoob
On a small point.....am still working it all out

On the websites where people can have access to download TV progs (eg. isohunt) why are the titles not very good or informative? Or am I missing some of the detail. For example if a person (not me) looks up 'The Apprentice UK' some of the results have titles having no relation.

I hope this question makes sense Am a bit miffed
http://torrentz.eu/search?f=the+apprentice+uk
Old Apr 18th 2012, 12:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jacknscoob
Unless I am missing something, headings for potential TV downloads are just not very good is that right?

Can anyone recommend a site that is good for finding books?

How would one get an invitation code?
Google alone will do it.

Beyond that Demonoid me and the Pirate bay both have very good e book filters which will find an indvidual book amongst a collection of books.
Old Apr 18th 2012, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

Penny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud of

I use thebox.bz, to me their descriptions are very good (they really only have UK though, not sure which Apprentice you're wanting). Send me your email address if need an invite as I have 8 to give away (sometimes you don't even need an invite with this site).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.