Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How Is Bruce/Sheila Fearing In Modern Australia?

How Is Bruce/Sheila Fearing In Modern Australia?

Old May 29th 2018, 11:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How Is Bruce/Sheila Fearing In Modern Australia?

Mr T..reading your posts it would seem there is the Big End of town..and the poor..

what about the thousands of tradesmen and business owners or well paid professionals who do well? The Guardian newspaper, though well written, makes the same mistake.
Old May 29th 2018, 11:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Mr T..reading your posts it would seem there is the Big End of town..and the poor..

what about the thousands of tradesmen and business owners or well paid professionals who do well? The Guardian newspaper, though well written, makes the same mistake.
"The big end of town" = anyone who contributes.

"The small end of town" = anyone who takes more than they contribute = him.
Old May 30th 2018, 1:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Even some of Tony's tradies are felling the pinch. At least in WA , where a number of contractors have indeed been left with a lot of money owing, others of course just a result of the boom ending. Infrastructure building has of course taken up some of the slack in Sydney and Melbourne, but those cities have become over expensive to live, I'd suggest, for ever number of workers, (they still exist, if you remember them) Well Paid Professionals, do know a few, but they find Sydney very expensive as well. Mostly due to housing costs, those that did work abroad mostly USA/UAE are indeed questioning if they would not have been better staying abroad . A few from Perth, I know prefer to work in Singapore. Regardless of earnings Australia is an expensive countries these days, something that wasn't said last century. Indeed Sydney was found cheap compared to London, hardly the case these days.

While The Guardian does indeed stand out as a slightly left of centre journal, in a sea of increasingly unreadable business centred, far too far right centred journals like The Australian, it would be wrong to base absolute commentary on any particular media outlet, but thank goodness there remains an alternative to the right wing bias as well as false news.
It is not a newspaper assumption that I write living standards are falling, and falling rather dramatically for increasing numbers or that services are in decline due to cuts. It is actually happening and being experienced.
Old May 30th 2018, 1:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Living in the shadow of your former self. Only you can change your misery.
You don't appear to be able to help yourself. The decline of Australia, is not about me but I do live in the midst of it. It may well impact me though, having an inferior private health system that fails to deliver, without huge out of pocket costs, a corrupt system that impacts a number around me, definitely poor government, that see's itself more as a manager and exerting ever more control over lives, that a government for all.

Anyway not to worry, leave you to wax lyrical on what a smashing job their doing, how well the over loading of the country is going, as I'm off to other pastures in a couple of days. No misery on my part. But can't help but feel sad to the process at play to further undermine the very notion of what was Australia.

I'll be back though at a later stage and help you out when going astray (to put it mildly) as you tend to do.
Old May 30th 2018, 6:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

"The big end of town" = anyone who contributes.

"The small end of town" = anyone who takes more than they contribute = him.
The big end, those whom duck and dive and use creative accounting. Bottom end those pay as you go with little room for tax minimising to which the burden of maintain a resemblance civil society will increasingly fall.

Shame you come down so hard on workers while feather dusting over those that really create hurt to the nation.
Old May 30th 2018, 6:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Just by the way. Booked two nights in a hotel in Zurich a few nights back nights back. High summer, close to train station, not flash but very adequate for purposes intended, at a price could not even find in Country WA let alone Perth, so forget Sydney or Melbourne. Zurich for those in the know will be aware it is one of the most expensive cities in the world. Earnings far exceed Australia. Just saying for those suggesting Australia is something other than a rip off. At least in the area of tourism.

Bruce and Sheila, would do well to continue holidaying abroad ......
Old May 30th 2018, 8:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
The big end, those whom duck and dive and use creative accounting. Bottom end those pay as you go with little room for tax minimising to which the burden of maintain a resemblance civil society will increasingly fall.

Shame you come down so hard on workers while feather dusting over those that really create hurt to the nation.
Creative accounting = anyone who files a tax return.

Big end of town is looking like a very large group of society.
Old May 30th 2018, 8:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You don't appear to be able to help yourself. The decline of Australia, is not about me but I do live in the midst of it. It may well impact me though, having an inferior private health system that fails to deliver, without huge out of pocket costs, a corrupt system that impacts a number around me, definitely poor government, that see's itself more as a manager and exerting ever more control over lives, that a government for all.

Anyway not to worry, leave you to wax lyrical on what a smashing job their doing, how well the over loading of the country is going, as I'm off to other pastures in a couple of days. No misery on my part. But can't help but feel sad to the process at play to further undermine the very notion of what was Australia.

I'll be back though at a later stage and help you out when going astray (to put it mildly) as you tend to do.
Time for reflection - what a great idea.

When you park yourself on that Vietnamese hammock knocking back that 80c locally brewed chilled beer (they do make a good coldy in Vietnam) do try to think of pleasant thoughts. None of this "it's the rest of them" nonsense.
Old May 30th 2018, 9:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Besides I'm rather not in favour of The Guardian's continuing pushing the big fail, Big Immigration agenda. It is certainly sadly very mistaken.
Old May 30th 2018, 9:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Time for reflection - what a great idea.

When you park yourself on that Vietnamese hammock knocking back that 80c locally brewed chilled beer (they do make a good coldy in Vietnam) do try to think of pleasant thoughts. None of this "it's the rest of them" nonsense.
Sounds like a lesson you would like to impose on yourself. Arak would probably see you right. But can thoroughly recommend supping a Tiger or an Anchor under a coconut tree in Cambodia or Malaysia or Borneo. (same, same but different) Remember life is just not about the fiscal......it should be about people and real things. Any way I'll be in what was called Borneo next week.(just amazed at how many Australians have never heard of Sarawak) Kuching by all accounts is a mind blowing city in friendliness as well as some great nearby jungle treks.
History avails itself, to what awaits those whom consider themselves above the rest, worse take enjoyment in supressing, degrading and feeling superior over others. Although I doubt the revolution will have likely commenced in my absence, the disillusionment will be that much further en train, which can't be a bad thing for those of us wanting change.
Old May 30th 2018, 10:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sounds like a lesson you would like to impose on yourself. Arak would probably see you right. But can thoroughly recommend supping a Tiger or an Anchor under a coconut tree in Cambodia or Malaysia or Borneo. (same, same but different) Remember life is just not about the fiscal......it should be about people and real things. Any way I'll be in what was called Borneo next week.(just amazed at how many Australians have never heard of Sarawak) Kuching by all accounts is a mind blowing city in friendliness as well as some great nearby jungle treks.
History avails itself, to what awaits those whom consider themselves above the rest, worse take enjoyment in supressing, degrading and feeling superior over others. Although I doubt the revolution will have likely commenced in my absence, the disillusionment will be that much further en train, which can't be a bad thing for those of us wanting change.
If I recall correctly, connecting flights is hard work to and from Kuching. Bit of a typically Malaysian dump, but if jungle treks is your thing, then a good starting point.

Enjoy
Old May 30th 2018, 11:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If I recall correctly, connecting flights is hard work to and from Kuching. Bit of a typically Malaysian dump, but if jungle treks is your thing, then a good starting point.

Enjoy
Well ta very much, I'm sure. Yes indeed, long jungle walks , mud and leeches, keeping a dutiful eye out for snakes, while protecting property from very forward and at times aggressive monkeys is indeed in part my idea of a relaxing holiday, I'm afraid your Asian city knowledge is rather non existent.
No problems connecting from KL to Kuching at all. Now I am not speaking from first hand experience, as never been to Sarawak before, but it is regarded as the cleanest city in South East Asia. From all accounts an extremely pleasant place with more than agreeable people.
Old Jun 2nd 2018, 9:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

According to this article, modern day Bruce and Sheila are dramatically changing what they see as their ideal home in an ideal location.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/home/outdoors/as-our-cities-become-denser-the-great-australian-backyard-is-paying-the-price/news-story/a6ea0576f9781a0869d811d3048156be

Of course if modern Bruce and Sheila are stuck in a time warp with a loud voice, like the poster and Dick Smith, then you would believe otherwise.