Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How Is Bruce/Sheila Fearing In Modern Australia?

How Is Bruce/Sheila Fearing In Modern Australia?

Old Jan 8th 2018, 10:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default How Is Bruce/Sheila Fearing In Modern Australia?

It is increasingly obvious Australia with generation gone from being one of the most equal societies on earth to increasingly one of the more unequal.

Bruce, of course a common term used in UK to call Aussies, is your average working class/middle class bloke or sheila attempting to make their way in a very changed country.

The corporate and political sector increasingly appear as one in calling the shots.

So just how is Bruce and Sheila fearing in modern Australia?
Old Jan 9th 2018, 5:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How Is Bruce/Sheila Fearing In Modern Australia?

Well pointers are not so well over the past twenty years. Many people are not entirely aware of the game being played out at the expense of Bruce and Sheila.

But as it becomes ever more flagrant, entrenched and costly there will be a point where it can no longer be ignored.

Those perpetrating this 'theft' if you like as it takes directly away from Bruce/Shelia 's pocket and lets call them Jonathon's into theirs.

More importantly how we stop Jonathon in Australia? Remembering Jonathon will protest and will play dirty.

When pushed Jonathon will enact reforms, but twist them in his favour. This will ensure any change is superficial, or indeed hide the game being played deeper in the complexities of legalese.

Of course high immigration and Big Australia is all about the economic interests of the Jonathon's. But far, far more in going on than purely filling the country.

In short the average Bruce/Shelia is being lulled into a fantasy world that Jonathon is a good guy whose activities benefit them, rather than belittle and rob them.
Old Jan 9th 2018, 9:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Well pointers are not so well over the past twenty years. Many people are not entirely aware of the game being played out at the expense of Bruce and Sheila.

But as it becomes ever more flagrant, entrenched and costly there will be a point where it can no longer be ignored.

Those perpetrating this 'theft' if you like as it takes directly away from Bruce/Shelia 's pocket and lets call them Jonathon's into theirs.

More importantly how we stop Jonathon in Australia? Remembering Jonathon will protest and will play dirty.

When pushed Jonathon will enact reforms, but twist them in his favour. This will ensure any change is superficial, or indeed hide the game being played deeper in the complexities of legalese.

Of course high immigration and Big Australia is all about the economic interests of the Jonathon's. But far, far more in going on than purely filling the country.

In short the average Bruce/Shelia is being lulled into a fantasy world that Jonathon is a good guy whose activities benefit them, rather than belittle and rob them.
Some good thoughts..we can see you have thought about this a great deal.

I don't think life will be easy for many.
Old Jan 9th 2018, 9:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Some good thoughts..we can see you have thought about this a great deal.

I don't think life will be easy for many.

I bare witness to the events occurring in this country on a daily basis. I see how my own life has changed and some of those around me.

I can see the totally different situation I would find myself in, if had not settled in Australia when I did, leaving it to more recent times.

Even with a reasonable salary things would not have fallen into place as they did. It would be debateable if would have remained.

I will add more thoughts on this thread, but probably not of much interest to the general flock.
Old Jan 9th 2018, 11:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Who are Bruce and Sheila again. If you're talking about the under 35's like my kids, they seem to be fareing ok. They've got life sussed out. The Property Ladder may be a bigger issue to them than it was for those 1 or 2 generations ago. Depends on where and what kind of dwelling in which they want to live. Wages and prospects seem similar if not better for them though.

Going to see a lot more joint house purchasing between friends in my sons under 20 age group.... They will do this sucessfully by the looks though.

If your talking more about Migrants, then I wouldn't have a clue.
Old Jan 9th 2018, 12:09 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Born and lived in Australia all my life, until my move to the UK 2 years ago.
Very little money to spare in my family once mum and dad split up.
Had jobs in shops until my early 20's, then had children and worked part time at whatever I could find.
Went to Uni in my 30s, got a great career and did that until I left Australia.
3 children, all in their 30s, all doing well. Two with decent jobs, kids of their own and a mortgage, neither are struggling for money. One with a disability, rents a unit adapted for people with disability, working part time, not struggling either.

None of them concern themselves too much with notions of being lulled into a fantasy world, nor with who's out to rob, belittle or benefit them. They're too busy living and enjoying themselves. They work hard, they have good lives, they and their children do interesting and fun things in their leisure time, and they're all happy.
Old Jan 9th 2018, 12:23 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

It is increasingly obvious Australia with generation gone from being one of the most equal societies on earth to increasingly one of the more unequal.

Bruce, of course a common term used in UK to call Aussies, is your average working class/middle class bloke or sheila attempting to make their way in a very changed country.

The corporate and political sector increasingly appear as one in calling the shots.

Australia remains one of the most equal and egalitarian countries in the Western world - certainly more so than the US, UK and Germany. The standard of living for most is high by OECD standards and Australia remains at the very top of the table in terms of per capita GDP, incomes, disposable income, HDI, life expectancy etc. Labour laws favour the employee over the employer and are relatively robust. Our health system - free at point of use for all - is the 2nd best in the world. etc. Many Australians have never had it so good - including you Herman

Big business/people with money have always called the shots - forever. This was the case in ancient Greece and it is today

Again, this thread is just another attempt to propagate your Australia-hating BE agenda

Pathetic
Old Jan 9th 2018, 8:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not seeing what you're seeing, maybe it's a Perth thing.

Thing is my kids are still on target to purchase their own dwellings, sure they won't be houses in the area they grew up in, but that never happens. It was even unaffordable for me to purchase same as in parental house for same where I grew up back in 1980. I would have had to buy a flat or move further out.... I'm talking South London here. Plus I had a much much better job than my father did whilst working in London and was on a much higher wage pro rata at his age when he purchased v mine.

So what exactly do you mean, They can't afford property, They have limited opportunity, They have limited job prospects? Is that what you mean. Because although things are different I certainly don't think they are impossible and in many ways, things are a lot better for my kids. IE: Ease of overseas travel and indeed working overseas. A much broader range of food, more dining out, better social conditions, better education, better housing conditions, better health care, better communication, more equality of the sexes for my 3 girls and the biggy.... Far less prone to violent confrontations. Very rare to hear of muggings these days. Not that ever was a big issue in Australia.

So I personally am not seeing what you are.
Old Jan 9th 2018, 8:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
I'm not seeing what you're seeing, maybe it's a Perth thing.

Thing is my kids are still on target to purchase their own dwellings, sure they won't be houses in the area they grew up in, but that never happens. It was even unaffordable for me to purchase same as in parental house for same where I grew up back in 1980. I would have had to buy a flat or move further out.... I'm talking South London here. Plus I had a much much better job than my father did whilst working in London and was on a much higher wage pro rata at his age when he purchased v mine.

So what exactly do you mean, They can't afford property, They have limited opportunity, They have limited job prospects? Is that what you mean. Because although things are different I certainly don't think they are impossible and in many ways, things are a lot better for my kids. IE: Ease of overseas travel and indeed working overseas. A much broader range of food, more dining out, better social conditions, better education, better housing conditions, better health care, better communication, more equality of the sexes for my 3 girls and the biggy.... Far less prone to violent confrontations. Very rare to hear of muggings these days. Not that ever was a big issue in Australia.

So I personally am not seeing what you are.
I am concerned about high house prices but elsewhere you are correct.

Don't underestimate having to buy a house on an estate...your kids have had the privilege of growing up in the inner N fringe...

its chalk and cheese, no comparison.
Old Jan 10th 2018, 1:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I am concerned about high house prices but elsewhere you are correct.

Don't underestimate having to buy a house on an estate...your kids have had the privilege of growing up in the inner N fringe...

its chalk and cheese, no comparison.

I'll point them at inner Ballarat before that option, whether they take me up on it or not is up to them. Either that or an apartment in one of the burbs. Only my 2nd oldest daughter owns property, and she and her Husband have a very nice place down in Torquay.
Old Jan 10th 2018, 6:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Australia remains one of the most equal and egalitarian countries in the Western world - certainly more so than the US, UK and Germany. The standard of living for most is high by OECD standards and Australia remains at the very top of the table in terms of per capita GDP, incomes, disposable income, HDI, life expectancy etc. Labour laws favour the employee over the employer and are relatively robust. Our health system - free at point of use for all - is the 2nd best in the world. etc. Many Australians have never had it so good - including you Herman

Big business/people with money have always called the shots - forever. This was the case in ancient Greece and it is today

Again, this thread is just another attempt to propagate your Australia-hating BE agenda

Pathetic

A great big black cross through your effort I'm afraid, after reading just the first sentence. Evidently you continue not to pay attention in class and submit a paper whose only true place, I'm afraid is straight in the bin.

I'm just a little surprised you didn't attempt to make an excuse like the dog are my paper or run out of toilet paper or something along those lines.

Well below average and can only put it down too laziness and not trying. I suppose every class has one.

I suspect you have three or so standard replies that you alternate between in your postings as read word almost for word before.

Hey Oak, I get the drift. South Africa in the day tolerated differing opinion to the diabolical system very poorly in the main. Those outspoken and critical were assured a hard time. If not by the authorities then social sanction, unless in with the right people than saw change was unavoidable .... Relax dude. Your in Australia now. I know England feared badly for you, but Aussies of thinking mode, will allow critique. It's alright. No need to kowtow and defer. Making a social analysis of how Australia is fearing in the year 2018 need not point to treason.

If all honky dory and head up ass cool. No one is forcing you to partake.

No Australia does not have the best social security system or near to it in the world.

It's all been said before but anyone with A Western European background, in work, will be concerned with survival in the age with the meagre thing called a pension, that is equating the minimum revenue payable in those countries, and indexed at that.

You quote me Ancient Greek history. I suggest you take a look at democracy and its meaning originating from that fair land.

Propagate Australia hating BE agenda. Really Oak get real. I could have started a thread on a story that ran in the Australasian Press while living in London regarding Aussies complaining about the small size of condoms available in UK pharmacies as they kept breaking when worn by Aussies, funny don't recall a single South African complaining. By the way, of course, all they say size isn't everything. Personality more important.

Anyhow this Dinky dye, didgeridoo True Blue, welcomes you to land and place.

Last edited by the troubadour; Jan 10th 2018 at 6:59 am.
Old Jan 10th 2018, 6:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I've a 'little' more to add or address with regards some of the other posts.

It only crystallises in my mind just how smart Jonathon is to have pulled the wool over so many eyes.

But I think I may have noted only late in the day will Bruce/Sheila realise the price they have had to pay.

Acceptance of less, may not necessary be the best the best course to follow.

After all it can be hard too arrive at information, which by and large remains in the hands of Jonathon.

No time to add more and anyway its not about me. There is no right or wrong in debate .........well most of the time and depending on which side of the fence you sit....
Old Jan 10th 2018, 8:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I've a 'little' more to add or address with regards some of the other posts.

It only crystallises in my mind just how smart Jonathon is to have pulled the wool over so many eyes.

But I think I may have noted only late in the day will Bruce/Sheila realise the price they have had to pay.

Acceptance of less, may not necessary be the best the best course to follow.

After all it can be hard too arrive at information, which by and large remains in the hands of Jonathon.

No time to add more and anyway its not about me. There is no right or wrong in debate .........well most of the time and depending on which side of the fence you sit....
Jonno?
Old Jan 10th 2018, 10:06 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

A great big black cross through your effort I'm afraid, after reading just the first sentence. Evidently you continue not to pay attention in class and submit a paper whose only true place, I'm afraid is straight in the bin.

I'm just a little surprised you didn't attempt to make an excuse like the dog are my paper or run out of toilet paper or something along those lines.

Well below average and can only put it down too laziness and not trying. I suppose every class has one.

I suspect you have three or so standard replies that you alternate between in your postings as read word almost for word before.

Hey Oak, I get the drift. South Africa in the day tolerated differing opinion to the diabolical system very poorly in the main. Those outspoken and critical were assured a hard time. If not by the authorities then social sanction, unless in with the right people than saw change was unavoidable .... Relax dude. Your in Australia now. I know England feared badly for you, but Aussies of thinking mode, will allow critique. It's alright. No need to kowtow and defer. Making a social analysis of how Australia is fearing in the year 2018 need not point to treason.

If all honky dory and head up ass cool. No one is forcing you to partake.

No Australia does not have the best social security system or near to it in the world.

It's all been said before but anyone with A Western European background, in work, will be concerned with survival in the age with the meagre thing called a pension, that is equating the minimum revenue payable in those countries, and indexed at that.

You quote me Ancient Greek history. I suggest you take a look at democracy and its meaning originating from that fair land.

Propagate Australia hating BE agenda. Really Oak get real. I could have started a thread on a story that ran in the Australasian Press while living in London regarding Aussies complaining about the small size of condoms available in UK pharmacies as they kept breaking when worn by Aussies, funny don't recall a single South African complaining. By the way, of course, all they say size isn't everything. Personality more important.

Anyhow this Dinky dye, didgeridoo True Blue, welcomes you to land and place.
It's Oke

Seriously Herman - you've got issues
Old Jan 11th 2018, 2:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jonno?
Don't be so course. Jonathon will be most offended labelling him Jonno. He's a man going places so none of that proletarian malarkey.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.