Brisbane

Old Apr 24th 2018, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

Happybunny44 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Brisbane

I have a job in Caboolture to start later this year. I’m aware it isn’t a great area so am looking at living in Brisbane and commuting there. I’m a single female going over alone so want to live somewhere lively with things to do and people to meet. Any suggestions on areas of Brisbane and rough estimates on commute time? I drive and would start at 7.30 am so would hopefully miss some rush hour traffic....?
Old Apr 30th 2018, 2:47 am
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane

Personally I'd be looking at the Sunshine Coast rather than Brisbane but you may prefer the city buzz. If you want it very lively look around Fortitude Valley.

Rush hour starts Very early here, I've been on the road at 5AM and had rush hour traffic.

You're looking at an hour+ each way from Brisbane CBD, at least you'll be going "against" the traffic.
Old May 28th 2018, 2:12 am
Coventry to Caloundra....

joeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by freebo
Personally I'd be looking at the Sunshine Coast rather than Brisbane but you may prefer the city buzz. If you want it very lively look around Fortitude Valley.

Rush hour starts Very early here, I've been on the road at 5AM and had rush hour traffic.

You're looking at an hour+ each way from Brisbane CBD, at least you'll be going "against" the traffic.

agree with freebo - 'rush' hour starts early - so starting at 7.30am might get you bang in the middle of the rush. Living wise depends on what type of lifestyle you want - if its city living choose brissie e.g north of bris lots of friends / colleagues choose areas such as paddington, newmarket - bit easier getting out of bris to go north - so from north bris your drive to Cabo might only be 50 mins - you'd need to have a good look yourself. If its a quieter time you're after definitely sunshine coast - but beware it seems everyone is in bed by 8.30pm on weekday nights I live in caloundra work in Caboolture its a 45 min drive. anyquestions let me know.
Old May 29th 2018, 8:05 am
Just Joined

philmerrin has a brilliant futurephilmerrin has a brilliant futurephilmerrin has a brilliant futurephilmerrin has a brilliant futurephilmerrin has a brilliant futurephilmerrin has a brilliant futurephilmerrin has a brilliant futurephilmerrin has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Happybunny44
Any suggestions on areas of Brisbane and rough estimates on commute time? I drive and would start at 7.30 am so would hopefully miss some rush hour traffic....?
If it were me taking a position in Caboolture I'd definitely be looking north. Caboolture is literally the last place north of Brissie before the countryside breaks out big time. There are lots of great places nearby.
If you decide to live in Brisbane itself, one thing in your favour is you'll be commuting in the opposite direction to much of the traffic. Parts of the Redcliffe peninsula are really nice, with views of Moreton Bay. I can also recommend looking up the D'Aguilar Highway - beautiful rolling green country up there, with pretty small towns and only 20-30 mins from Caboolture like Mt Mee and Woodford,

Last edited by philmerrin; May 29th 2018 at 8:30 am.
Old Jun 4th 2018, 1:22 am
Just Joined

Thermo690 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Happybunny44
I have a job in Caboolture to start later this year. I’m aware it isn’t a great area so am looking at living in Brisbane and commuting there. I’m a single female going over alone so want to live somewhere lively with things to do and people to meet. Any suggestions on areas of Brisbane and rough estimates on commute time? I drive and would start at 7.30 am so would hopefully miss some rush hour traffic....?
North lakes has a lot to offer and a large EXPAT community.