Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hello from the sunshine coast!! :)

Hello from the sunshine coast!! :)

Old Aug 29th 2005, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from the sunshine coast!! :)

Congratulations on getting there. We are looking at settling on the sunshine coast too. If you get chance can you keep the site up to speed on how you go about getting things in order!!

Cheers

Cath n Paul

Originally Posted by GrantP
Hey guys!!

Just a quick hello from Maroochydore!! ....we landed yesterday, and I can't wait to get settled in! Just about to leave and sort out my medicare card, sit my driving test, buy a mobile phone, and go looking at cars!!

...exciting stuff eh!!

Grant
Old Sep 4th 2005, 1:42 am
Welsh Member!!

GrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really nice

Hi Guys!!

Sorry for the delay in replying, but We've been so damn busy over the last week or so getting everything organised so that I can start work tomorrow!!

We're not actually staying in Maroochydore, as my job is in Coopers Plains on the South side of Brisbane. We collected the keys for a rental property in Forest Lake on Friday, so we've had a VERY busy weekend buying and moving in all the essentials!!

My girlfriends mum has a property in Maroochydore, which is why I've been based there for the first couple of weeks!

I have lots to share, so I might start a new thread describing my whole experience to help others who are making the big move. It may have to wait until we have an internet connection organised in the new property though!!? ..or I might make a start soon??

Keep an eye out for my new thread!!
Grant
Old Sep 4th 2005, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

jacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud of

Hi Everyone

We are emigrating in Jan 2006! YIPEE!! Heading to the Sunshine Coast. We will be renting first off.

So does everyone have to do a driving test? :scared:

Are there any other essentials that we have to do once we've landed??

The Spinkways
Old Sep 4th 2005, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

nadders is just really nicenadders is just really nicenadders is just really nicenadders is just really nicenadders is just really nicenadders is just really nicenadders is just really nicenadders is just really nicenadders is just really nicenadders is just really nicenadders is just really nice

Originally Posted by jacknscoob
Hi Everyone

We are emigrating in Jan 2006! YIPEE!! Heading to the Sunshine Coast. We will be renting first off.

So does everyone have to do a driving test? :scared:

Are there any other essentials that we have to do once we've landed??

The Spinkways
Lucky you, getting away to Oz in January. It has been recorded as the most depressing month of the year here in the UK, so you picked a great time to go. Where on Sunshine coast are you heading?
Old Sep 11th 2005, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

jacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud of

Hiya

We don't know yet. We are staying with my uncle in Wynnum until we find somewhere to rent, then we are going to look to build somewhere along the S-Coast. It's great not knowing ...if you knw what I mean. Yes a good time to travel and we are stopping over in Langkawi on the way
The Spinkways