Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

hello folks, sorry its taken so long but....

hello folks, sorry its taken so long but....

Old Nov 8th 2006, 12:16 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: hello folks, sorry its taken so long but....

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
lol ... she was probably checking her emails and pms - i had an email from her the other day, her pootah is broke so she had to go to an internet cafe!!

bix likes to wear womens clothing too huh?
the things that lion will do to get his bone stroked ...
I had a text with half her email addy then a text a few days later with the other half ...still trying to work out how to put it together
Old Nov 9th 2006, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
I had a text with half her email addy then a text a few days later with the other half ...still trying to work out how to put it together
think you're funny don't you thats cos it wasnt until sue told me, i'd misssed off the au!!!!

puter mended now so willl be back very son to catch up. been on a training day at lovely nambour hospital!! not!! god it was soooooooooooo long and boring. now off to brissie for my night shift and i really dont want to go , ive got to tell the family but i cant! theyve waited a year to find a carer for their little girl and keep telling me how wonderful they think i am but the travel kills me! takes me an hour and a half to get there and sometimes 3 to get back cosa i have to stop and go to sleep!! tommorow morning will def be a 3 houry!!

hope you are well kay, love to col. hows the sale going, has it completed yet? xxx
Old Nov 10th 2006, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by debbiemc
think you're funny don't you thats cos it wasnt until sue told me, i'd misssed off the au!!!!

puter mended now so willl be back very son to catch up. been on a training day at lovely nambour hospital!! not!! god it was soooooooooooo long and boring. now off to brissie for my night shift and i really dont want to go , ive got to tell the family but i cant! theyve waited a year to find a carer for their little girl and keep telling me how wonderful they think i am but the travel kills me! takes me an hour and a half to get there and sometimes 3 to get back cosa i have to stop and go to sleep!! tommorow morning will def be a 3 houry!!

hope you are well kay, love to col. hows the sale going, has it completed yet? xxx
Aw Debs what a position to be in re the little girl it's very hard but to travel 3 hrs is ridiculous mate.

re the house all I know is contracts are drawn up and there's some wrangling over some insurance they want us to pay? summat to do with plans I dont know.

K xx
Old Nov 10th 2006, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

suebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to behold

good to be back
firstly want to say sorry to juliecabs will be in touch soon mate.

ok, where the bloody hell do i start?!!! oh yeah, eyup sue and kay, miss ya

hilary, noeleen, annie, amanda, you're all great and i thank you for everything and for becoming such good mates, plus youre other halves of course....

the internet has finally arrived this morning and been set up. ( only taken 3 weeks!)i'm warning you now its gonna be a long un!! ( but a shortened version and you'll thank me!)sorry an all that.......

ok, arrived with the job offer at royal brisbane with the idea of living and loving redland bay! well, that didnt happen because the traffic in bris is an absolute NIGHTMARE and there was no way i wanted to do that commute to work everyday, so we made the decision to move further north, well in fact, to the sunshine coast, a place called tewantin which is about 5 minutes from noosa and we bloody love it!

so then there was the dilemma, OMG i don't have a job! so off i popped to nambour which is about half an hour away and they said no probs, you'll get work so i handed in a resume, had a so called interview a week ago, if you can call it that, it went a bit like this...' do you want full time, part time, permanent or casual!!!' really!!! started there yesterday and i've had 6 calls today for work in different areas!!

but before that, i got a job caring for a little 8 year old loads of special needs who has 24 hour care in her home...guess where?? only cashmere which is about 19k north of brisbane! so i do 2 nights there and love the family the job but the travelling is killing me! takes me an age to get back and ive had to stop on a couple of occasions to sleep on the way back! took me 3 hours to get back one morning! not good but they want me to stay! anyway, we'll see what happens there.

beth started sunshine beach high school 3 weeks ago, went for one day, came out crying saying she hated every minute, cried all night so she couldnt open her eyes and didnt want to go back! what could i do!! the kids ignored her, even the one who she was buddied with! so did the teachers!! and when she tried to talk to kids, they looked at her as if she was a freak!! poor kid. hence, she didnt return! paid blody $300 for the uniform to. she got good gcse results and is now thinking of going the tafe route in feb which means she'll end up in brisbane for the course she wants, but the lovely hilary is gonna give her board and lodgings for the week!
so, for the first 7 weeks, beth had not met a sole and never left my side! iwas so desperate for to meet people her own age, anyway, last week she got a job a ' crazy clarkes' and likes it and they are lovely to her and are already arranging nights out! plus i'm loving all the fab bargains

ok, what next..... barry forgot to tell me he was taking 2 months off so thats caused a few little arguments here and there especially as all the money has gone and weve been living in each others pockets for the past 3 months or so so are sick of the blody site of each other! but he started work yesterday too and guess where he ended up?!! only blody brisbane!!! only a one off apparently so today he's been in kawana. he's spray painting new houses and seems to be ok, long days though!

renting a beach and bush house!dont ask. we have had the worst nightmare the past 7 weeks you would not believe!! you know you sit on the comp in the uk and say' listebn to the blody whingers'! well believe me, if peeps have had some of the crap to put up with that we have, then whinge away my fellow expats and woe be tied!! ( dont know if thats the right saying but who gives a shit!! ) anyone who slates me for whats coming next........ok, we find this gorg house, brand new and different, no pool, but thats ok, loads of water and pols around. move in, book telstra, he comes to connect, no line! not only is there no line, there hasnt even been a trench dug for the bloody line! so on i get to the agent and that takes all of 6 weeks before we have a phone! buy a great new tv, come to fit it, no tv ariel fitted! agents...wait 2 days for 2 different companies, get really pissed off then get one!!! think on aswell, we are sat on 3 camp chairs and sleeping on airbeds (thanks annie ) no post box for 4 weeks so have to go to noosa to pick up our mail cos postie cant leave it outside! no washing line, no fly screens as promised before we moved in, i could go on and on and bore you to death but wont!

anyway, to cut a long story short, i'm now taking the agents and owners to the small claims court for compensation for all the money on phone calls, the time wasting, inconvinience and stress weve had to put up with for 7 weeks to get some compensation. then to really piss us off even further, we met some friends who came to lok at the house before us and offered a $100 less than were apying and they accepted!!!! gutted! it dosent have a fence though so they didnt go for it in the end.

dont miss anything about the uk, its great now we have a phonbe so i can chat with mom and dad lots, miss them and my friends a lot but thats never going to change. find most things a lot cheaper, how good is the cost of petrol now guys?!! even in nosa we're under a $ now!

on the whole, love it love it love it! no going back. we live in paradise,noosa is very expensive but has veryhing to offer. we go fishing most days after work, have met fab friends brits and aussies, have a laugh, argue, go to work, do the whole bbq thing, drink lots, have put loads of weight on, spent too much money on things we didnt really need, but this is now home and when ryan arrives in 4 weeks, it'll be even better! well, until he starts chucking his clothes around and leaving rotting food everywhere!

so, thats the long and the short of it. good to be back .

ive had to get rid of all my faces for some reason!
Great post - best of luck with everything.

Sue
Old Nov 10th 2006, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

hi debbie great post,sounds like your well and truly settled in

tracey
Old Nov 12th 2006, 10:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scissors
hi debbie great post,sounds like your well and truly settled in

tracey

thanks folks.....tracey, am gutted!!!!!! forgot about the party was it a good un? daft question really eh!!

hilary and keith were up at the weekend and apart from keith being ill and me reversing into their car and then yesterday reversing into a post!! we had a good weekend!

kay, chuffed its still moving1 just pay the bloody insurance woman and exchange
Old Nov 13th 2006, 3:09 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

:scared: :scared: remind me never to park to close to you

how many had you had?

QUOTE=debbiemc]thanks folks.....tracey, am gutted!!!!!! forgot about the party was it a good un? daft question really eh!!

hilary and keith were up at the weekend and apart from keith being ill and me reversing into their car and then yesterday reversing into a post!! we had a good weekend!

kay, chuffed its still moving1 just pay the bloody insurance woman and exchange [/QUOTE]
Old Nov 13th 2006, 3:17 am
BE Enthusiast

LesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to all

good to be back

hilary, noeleen, annie, amanda, you're all great and i thank you for everything and for becoming such good mates, plus youre other halves of course....

the internet has finally arrived this morning and been set up. ( only taken 3 weeks!)i'm warning you now its gonna be a long un!! ( but a shortened version and you'll thank me!)sorry an all that.......

ok, arrived with the job offer at royal brisbane with the idea of living and loving redland bay! well, that didnt happen because the traffic in bris is an absolute NIGHTMARE and there was no way i wanted to do that commute to work everyday, so we made the decision to move further north, well in fact, to the sunshine coast, a place called tewantin which is about 5 minutes from noosa and we bloody love it!

so then there was the dilemma, OMG i don't have a job! so off i popped to nambour which is about half an hour away and they said no probs, you'll get work so i handed in a resume, had a so called interview a week ago, if you can call it that, it went a bit like this...' do you want full time, part time, permanent or casual!!!' really!!! started there yesterday and i've had 6 calls today for work in different areas!!

but before that, i got a job caring for a little 8 year old loads of special needs who has 24 hour care in her home...guess where?? only cashmere which is about 19k north of brisbane! so i do 2 nights there and love the family the job but the travelling is killing me! takes me an age to get back and ive had to stop on a couple of occasions to sleep on the way back! took me 3 hours to get back one morning! not good but they want me to stay! anyway, we'll see what happens there.

beth started sunshine beach high school 3 weeks ago, went for one day, came out crying saying she hated every minute, cried all night so she couldnt open her eyes and didnt want to go back! what could i do!! the kids ignored her, even the one who she was buddied with! so did the teachers!! and when she tried to talk to kids, they looked at her as if she was a freak!! poor kid. hence, she didnt return! paid blody $300 for the uniform to. she got good gcse results and is now thinking of going the tafe route in feb which means she'll end up in brisbane for the course she wants, but the lovely hilary is gonna give her board and lodgings for the week!
so, for the first 7 weeks, beth had not met a sole and never left my side! iwas so desperate for to meet people her own age, anyway, last week she got a job a ' crazy clarkes' and likes it and they are lovely to her and are already arranging nights out! plus i'm loving all the fab bargains

ok, what next..... barry forgot to tell me he was taking 2 months off so thats caused a few little arguments here and there especially as all the money has gone and weve been living in each others pockets for the past 3 months or so so are sick of the blody site of each other! but he started work yesterday too and guess where he ended up?!! only blody brisbane!!! only a one off apparently so today he's been in kawana. he's spray painting new houses and seems to be ok, long days though!

renting a beach and bush house!dont ask. we have had the worst nightmare the past 7 weeks you would not believe!! you know you sit on the comp in the uk and say' listebn to the blody whingers'! well believe me, if peeps have had some of the crap to put up with that we have, then whinge away my fellow expats and woe be tied!! ( dont know if thats the right saying but who gives a shit!! ) anyone who slates me for whats coming next........ok, we find this gorg house, brand new and different, no pool, but thats ok, loads of water and pols around. move in, book telstra, he comes to connect, no line! not only is there no line, there hasnt even been a trench dug for the bloody line! so on i get to the agent and that takes all of 6 weeks before we have a phone! buy a great new tv, come to fit it, no tv ariel fitted! agents...wait 2 days for 2 different companies, get really pissed off then get one!!! think on aswell, we are sat on 3 camp chairs and sleeping on airbeds (thanks annie ) no post box for 4 weeks so have to go to noosa to pick up our mail cos postie cant leave it outside! no washing line, no fly screens as promised before we moved in, i could go on and on and bore you to death but wont!

anyway, to cut a long story short, i'm now taking the agents and owners to the small claims court for compensation for all the money on phone calls, the time wasting, inconvinience and stress weve had to put up with for 7 weeks to get some compensation. then to really piss us off even further, we met some friends who came to lok at the house before us and offered a $100 less than were apying and they accepted!!!! gutted! it dosent have a fence though so they didnt go for it in the end.

dont miss anything about the uk, its great now we have a phonbe so i can chat with mom and dad lots, miss them and my friends a lot but thats never going to change. find most things a lot cheaper, how good is the cost of petrol now guys?!! even in nosa we're under a $ now!

on the whole, love it love it love it! no going back. we live in paradise,noosa is very expensive but has veryhing to offer. we go fishing most days after work, have met fab friends brits and aussies, have a laugh, argue, go to work, do the whole bbq thing, drink lots, have put loads of weight on, spent too much money on things we didnt really need, but this is now home and when ryan arrives in 4 weeks, it'll be even better! well, until he starts chucking his clothes around and leaving rotting food everywhere!

Hiya Debbie, Geesh I cant believe you are actually here now ! Wishing you loads and loads of luck with your new life. I have spoken to several expats here and the first year is definately the hardest so hang in there 'cause it does get better.
Old Nov 13th 2006, 10:52 am

he has paid it
Old Nov 13th 2006, 11:47 am
Account Closed

Guest0424 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks folks.....tracey, am gutted!!!!!! forgot about the party was it a good un? daft question really eh!!

hi debbie hope things are goin ok for you,things have been a bit mad at times for us but things are fallin into place for us, say hi to your brother mick for me
paul
Old Nov 13th 2006, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

Angelap is a jewel in the roughAngelap is a jewel in the roughAngelap is a jewel in the roughAngelap is a jewel in the rough

good to be back

Bloomin' Hummer Debs!! Youve got stuck into it all-IT WILL only get better,youve done SO MUCH...good luck with casual shifts & Beths school stuff & Ryans arrival-Keep us posted
Ange X