Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Helensvale or Upper Coomera high schools?

Helensvale or Upper Coomera high schools?

Old Nov 28th 2007, 4:24 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Helensvale or Upper Coomera high schools?

Originally Posted by orca05
We have 2 teenage daughters and a just become 6yr old who has been in school for a year in NewZealand.We have been told that the starting age for schools in Aussie is 6 so she has been at school a year already.
Well at least with the UCSC ALL kids can go to the one site, albeit diff actual schools (Kindy up to High)

Upper Coomera is ok, we like it. I wouldn't buy here as plots are just too small, but for location it works well. A good few schools, Theme parks nearby, Westfield not far, Brissie isn't really that far at the right time of the day (4am ... ), and all the rest!

Oh and Helensvale High can't be more than 20 mins and I know HH runs a school bus from Upper Coomera if that's of any use!
Old Nov 28th 2007, 4:33 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
Well at least with the UCSC ALL kids can go to the one site, albeit diff actual schools (Kindy up to High)

Upper Coomera is ok, we like it. I wouldn't buy here as plots are just too small, but for location it works well. A good few schools, Theme parks nearby, Westfield not far, Brissie isn't really that far at the right time of the day (4am ... ), and all the rest!

Oh and Helensvale High can't be more than 20 mins and I know HH runs a school bus from Upper Coomera if that's of any use!
Good grief, you've only been gone a few weeks. It's a blockman

I don't want a plot at all. I am going to sprinkled over the ocean.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 4:50 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Good grief, you've only been gone a few weeks. It's a blockman
Good observation!

... altho I HAVE done well with lingo since back here. The motorway is now the motorway ... The bit you leave is the junction, and yogurt is yogurt. Pasta is pasta, and I'm goin to a pub for a drink, not a hotel ...

Anyway, I like my mate who owns a real estate chain's terminology for the plot / block ...

A piece of dirt! ...lol

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I don't want a plot at all. I am going to sprinkled over the ocean.
Awww Penny, pleeeeeeeese! ... TMI! ...

oh and ooops! ...

I thought we was in the other one ...lol
Old Nov 28th 2007, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

orca05 will become famous soon enoughorca05 will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=PaulandNic;5608746]Well at least with the UCSC ALL kids can go to the one site, albeit diff actual schools (Kindy up to High)

Upper Coomera is ok, we like it. I wouldn't buy here as plots are just too small, but for location it works well.
HI
Don't really mind a small plot as had a huge section in NZ and it was a nightmare to look after.A section big enough for a pool and a bit of garden is great.Thats good to know about the school buses.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 4:08 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by orca05
Don't really mind a small plot as had a huge section in NZ and it was a nightmare to look after.A section big enough for a pool and a bit of garden is great.Thats good to know about the school buses.
Yeah big plots involve lots of maintenance I know, but it's the privacy factor in a lot of the UC houses. Ok, I won't be doing anything in my garden that NEEDS to be hidden, but having a 2 floor house sitting prob no more than 50 foot from your eating area, it DOES give you the feeling of being 'watched' all the time ...lol

NOT all houses / gardens like this, but LOTS are!

Yeah I think most of the schools have half decent school bus runs. We was in Ormeau before and the kids got a school bus from there to the UCSC ...
Old Nov 30th 2007, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

Pomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to all

Yeah I think most of the schools have half decent school bus runs. We was in Ormeau before and the kids got a school bus from there to the UCSC ...
well thats a lie.. as if we were going to wake up and leave the house at 10 past 6 to catch the bus lol.

i think we did it for about a week! haha
Old Dec 1st 2007, 4:49 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pomme
well thats a lie.. as if we were going to wake up and leave the house at 10 past 6 to catch the bus lol.

i think we did it for about a week! haha
Oi watch it you! ... the service WAS / IS there, and if I didn't have such lazy kids they'd of used it! ... :curse:
Old Dec 1st 2007, 5:08 am
Forum Regular

Pomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to all

Oi watch it you! ... the service WAS / IS there, and if I didn't have such lazy kids they'd of used it! ... :curse:

maybe your right.. but iv never been one for views of the mountains,
thats more of a mum think i reckon