Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Haircuts- what are you paying?

Wikiposts

Haircuts- what are you paying?

Old Oct 4th 2006, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Mandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to all
Default Re: Haircuts- what are you paying?

Originally Posted by YoSemite
yup I'm with Dianne....

spent two years in edinburgh trying to find a decent hairdressers sending anything between £40 and £80 (just for a cut - for short hair!!!!). they were all useless - even the so called award winners!!! All their own interpretations of what I'd asked for

Really needed a haircut, decided to take a chance and go to the new local salon. $39 later I had the haircut I'd been looking for, for ages.... very happy bunny!!!!!!

Had to share this one.. have now learnt, always look at the hair of the stylist who`s doing your hair before sitting in the chair...Went to I think it was called a hairdressers at the parade of shops by the ettamoggah pub..asked for trim following the same style.. Not a hard request.... result.. the stylist...obviously was a gardener in previous life.. out came strimmer, hair crap... Went back to complain couple days later.. Got boss woman long hair, extensions, multicoloured... slightly worried Mistakenly thought she would be sympathetic her business and all.. Oh no... after very polite request and explanation was begrudgingly sat back down in the chair by boss woman and strimmed again..despite having own photo of hairstyle.. WTF. :Ended up being told what an astute business woman she was by her own admission and threatened with security to get out of premises... :scaredAm 5.4) I did note with a huge degree of satisfaction her business went up for sale shortly after. ...An astute professional business woman ..
Old Oct 4th 2006, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

clougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

I used to pay £56 in the UK for a cut and now pay $70 in Toni and Guy in Subiaco. I tryed going to a cheaper one near where I live, $45 for a cut and blow dry, but I looked hacked. I've got really thick hair and I've tryed millions of times to find a cheap good hairdresser. Always end up at Toni & Guy or equivalent - you get what you pay for unfortunately! :scared:

Jo
Old Oct 4th 2006, 12:12 pm
Banned

MD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud of

My OH tells me that Just Cuts is annoying how they deliberately drench your hair with water before cutting, and then ask if you want it blow-dried. Of course, blow drying costs an extra $6 or so.

Where I live, women are hardly about to walk out into the Shopping Centre or street looking like a drowned rat – most people will pay for the blow dry- and the hairdresser knows this – hence the overuse of the water bottle.

The way they try and flog off their products is annoying too. As if I’m going to pay $15 for same re-branded shampoo that I can get at Woolies for $5.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 12:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MD09
$30 here in Sydney the other day, and I'm male. No wonder the guy didn't have his prices up. I Couldn’t belive it. I used to pay $10 last year in Brisbane and the guy would do a top job.

OH paid $60 for a 1 inch trim recently, that only took ½ hour. Doctors get paid less. Who do these hairdressers think they are?

What are you paying? And Is it just me or is everything going UP and UP?

Today I saw rockmelon at the supermarket - 1 half for $3. Funny that, I was down at wollongong over the w/end and a fruitmarket was selling 3 whole ones for $2. I know fruitmarkets are cheaper, but that's just ridiculous.
After trying many hairdressers on sunnie coast, have found a great one up at Tewantin. Happily travel 45 mins each way, secure in the knowledge that am not going to be ripped off, $38 for cut, blow dry, hairdresser normally takes about an hour for this. Stylist is meticulous and actually cares about what you look like.. In addition often says I want the cut and style to work for you in between visits.......Coffee is thrown in, along with adult conversation that does not consist of where are you going on your holidays this year. What is more pleasing is also knowing that within that price, I am not paying for the latest upto date shop refit. Cut, blow dry and 1/2 foils $95.... Good eh??? Hubby has just returned from juicy Lucys (oops shouldn't share that one with all) Lucys.. Golden beach.. Bargain $12... Should see him ok for another 4 months
Old Oct 4th 2006, 12:20 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by MD09
My OH tells me that Just Cuts is annoying how they deliberately drench your hair with water before cutting, and then ask if you want it blow-dried. Of course, blow drying costs an extra $6 or so.

Where I live, women are hardly about to walk out into the Shopping Centre or street looking like a drowned rat – most people will pay for the blow dry- and the hairdresser knows this – hence the overuse of the water bottle.

The way they try and flog off their products is annoying too. As if I’m going to pay $15 for same re-branded shampoo that I can get at Woolies for $5.
i did go in to a JCs once
you'd think there weren't much they could do wrong with my bonce
never again