Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Haircuts- what are you paying?

Wikiposts

Haircuts- what are you paying?

Old Oct 3rd 2006, 5:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Haircuts- what are you paying?

Originally Posted by stevemich
$16 from Just Cuts - I only have a buzz cut so what can go wrong??!
Mich has just booked in a style and 2 colour for $200...:scared:
I think she should follow my style... (Natalie Portman in V for Vendetta anyone?!)
Are Just Cuts in Cremorne?
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 5:20 pm
Banned

MD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by isgraham

If you like being treated like meat - www.justcuts.com.au
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 5:23 pm
Banned

MD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Vanessa
Yes - men buy us drinks and dinner and we can have multiple orgasms!!!!!!
Multiple orgasms? Is that a new cocktail?
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 6:03 pm
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by isgraham
Yeah - by Raine & Horne on just off Military Rd... Althought the last cut was in their Mid-City Centre place in Pitt St...
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 6:05 pm
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MD09
If you like being treated like meat - www.justcuts.com.au
Speedy - no fuss... cannot complain - but not much of the personal touch!
Although maybe I would think twice if I wanted styling... but in my limited hair situation, that aint an option
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 6:07 pm
Full Throttle

Originally Posted by stevemich
$16 from Just Cuts - I only have a buzz cut so what can go wrong??!
Mich has just booked in a style and 2 colour for $200...:scared:
I think she should follow my style... (Natalie Portman in V for Vendetta anyone?!)
I should clarify that Mich has NOT booked into Just Cuts (in case anyone gives a toss!) for her $200 haircut...(dont think they go over $50!)
somewhere else in Cremorne that knows how to fleece the public
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 6:31 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Multiple orgasms? Is that a new cocktail?
more than likely
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I pay between $15-$20.00 here, however I had a haircut the other month in Benton's Square shopping centre and the young girl who was on her own was texting her mates as she was cutting my hair You can guess the results, the OH just laughed when I got home.

Next day number 2 allover.
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 9:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond repute

In the UK it used to cost me £140 odd for cut and colour. Here it costs me about $100 for the same thing, so a bit cheaper. And both places did/do good jobs. Moving shortly so have to find a new one again!!!!

Bert - depends, just cuts about $16 or whatever it is. He just went to a new place and they gave him $10 off so it was $8. In the UK he went to Big Jims in Ealing - a real blokey place with the girly mags etc. Was about £15 wash and cut and I used to sit and watch (if only to make all the other blokes in there a bit nervous.... evil i know :-)
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 9:19 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

$15 - though it's just gone up to $16.50. That's the pudding basin, hedgetrimmer variety - but it's all that's available here!

So you let it grow until you can't see through the foliage, then ZAP and you get sunburn on top.

You get used to it........
Old Oct 4th 2006, 12:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

12 bucks by the women hairdresser inthe salon in the village. We have all a bloke needs - a supermaket, a hardware store, general store, milkbar, steakhouse, pub, baker.

It's 2 mins from home so I don't even write the appointment in my diary - she calls up at 2mins to 9am every 4 weeks.

I'm back home 20mins later.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 1:58 am
Forum Regular

hutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the rough

$30 here in Sydney the other day, and I'm male. No wonder the guy didn't have his prices up. I Couldn’t belive it. I used to pay $10 last year in Brisbane and the guy would do a top job.

OH paid $60 for a 1 inch trim recently, that only took ½ hour. Doctors get paid less. Who do these hairdressers think they are?

What are you paying? And Is it just me or is everything going UP and UP?

Today I saw rockmelon at the supermarket - 1 half for $3. Funny that, I was down at wollongong over the w/end and a fruitmarket was selling 3 whole ones for $2. I know fruitmarkets are cheaper, but that's just ridiculous.
Hi i work in salon express in rockingham and we do guys trims from $9.90, that is 1cm off with the scissors, middle price is 14.50 which is classed as a style cut and a restyle is 17.50 which would be a mohawk or a lot of hair cut off.you take a ticket and queue...easy as that and we are a friendly bunch...jan hutchy
Old Oct 4th 2006, 2:06 am
Nos De Caraid...

BartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of light

ok, i started with 24$ and did not find worth as i have to go back in 5/6 weeks. It means avergate 20$ I am spending on this stupid activity.
I researched and got a way at 14.50$, I was happy with that.
Later I came across a shop (good one, with just 3 sitting chairs & spacious and a good sweet girls) they charged me 9$.
In short, if you look out you will find good barbers and cheaper once aswell.
If you not looking to spend more and just simple haircut goto Vietnamese shops they are cheaper and politie, but yes they dont seem to understand english well, I confess.
Hope this helps...
Bart.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 2:17 am
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

I had three cuts in Oz last year - one in Cairns, one in Brissie and one in Melbourne. They ranged from $20 (on special offer) to $50 and all were excellent, far better than any cut I've managed to find in England in the last 20 years
And in England I usually have to pay at least £35.
Hairdressers in England are a complete rip off and I always end up hating the cut.
I actually now dread it more than going to the dentists :scared:
Old Oct 4th 2006, 3:46 am
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

yup I'm with Dianne....

spent two years in edinburgh trying to find a decent hairdressers sending anything between £40 and £80 (just for a cut - for short hair!!!!). they were all useless - even the so called award winners!!! All their own interpretations of what I'd asked for

Really needed a haircut, decided to take a chance and go to the new local salon. $39 later I had the haircut I'd been looking for, for ages.... very happy bunny!!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.