Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Good Removal Companies?

Good Removal Companies?

Old Oct 4th 2010, 12:18 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good Removal Companies?

Originally Posted by charlie5
Stand by for action and make sure they don't pack things too early. They move pretty quick and we had to make sue they kept a few essentials for the second day (eg bed, TV, kettle).

They will pack anything unless you stop them. We brought over old newspapers, dirty rags etc.

They did a pretty good job though - we only had one small glass broken.

Charlie
It is up to the client to make sure all rubbish is moved, the packers get sick and tired of chasing peole to ask " is this going" so in the end it gets chucked in a box.
Some people collect old news papers and rags , so it is not up to the packer to decide if you are an eccentric.................MM
Old Oct 4th 2010, 12:25 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
It looks like a "must do" is to print off every email commitment that the shipping agent makes in case it's necessary to point them out to the Australian sub-contractors.

Excellent tips! Thank you
Dont go sticking things in door seals it can stuff them up, a wash out with vanilla essence, is good and place a toilet roll [take out of plastic] on each shelf and a couple, in the feezer compartment ............MM
Old Oct 4th 2010, 2:12 am
Forum Regular

Dimond is just really niceDimond is just really niceDimond is just really niceDimond is just really niceDimond is just really niceDimond is just really niceDimond is just really niceDimond is just really niceDimond is just really niceDimond is just really nice

What constitutes putting things on "bench-top"? Dump books on floor or put them on shelves- surely shelves are "bench-top"? Very rarely does one have enough bench-top- or even shelves if they are included - to enable all to be unpacked, therefore the floor usually serves.

UK removal companies should make clear what is contracted for at the other end. Even if you have promises in writing my experience is that the Australian removal company do not honour that so your only recourse is against the UK removalist. I did get some compensation from the UK company when I hired help for half a day to put books onto shelves and clear some debris which had been left.
Old Oct 4th 2010, 6:27 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Dimond
What constitutes putting things on "bench-top"? Dump books on floor or put them on shelves- surely shelves are "bench-top"? Very rarely does one have enough bench-top- or even shelves if they are included - to enable all to be unpacked, therefore the floor usually serves.

UK removal companies should make clear what is contracted for at the other end. Even if you have promises in writing my experience is that the Australian removal company do not honour that so your only recourse is against the UK removalist. I did get some compensation from the UK company when I hired help for half a day to put books onto shelves and clear some debris which had been left.
Well in my 32 years in the industry , it has always been this way you want placement ,[things put away ] you pay for it , we are not your bloody servants get off yer
arse and do a bit............MM
Old Oct 4th 2010, 6:41 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr mover
Well in my 32 years in the industry , it has always been this way you want placement ,[things put away ] you pay for it , we are not your bloody servants get off yer
arse and do a bit............MM
To be honest I wouldn't want much unpacking done for me other than perhaps for the furniture to be reassembled and the boxes to be put in the most correct as possible rooms. Unpacking things into cupboards etc is too personal such that if one wants it done properly and with TLC it's better done by the owners. Much more than that is taking the proverbial. But it would be helpful if the agents at the Aussie end could come along a few days later to remove the empty cartons etc. Not sure if that is generally offered?
Old Oct 4th 2010, 9:18 am
Banned

To be honest I wouldn't want much unpacking done for me other than perhaps for the furniture to be reassembled and the boxes to be put in the most correct as possible rooms. Unpacking things into cupboards etc is too personal such that if one wants it done properly and with TLC it's better done by the owners. Much more than that is taking the proverbial. But it would be helpful if the agents at the Aussie end could come along a few days later to remove the empty cartons etc. Not sure if that is generally offered?
This is what we do . WE PACK IT ,WE UNPACK IT , WE DISMANTLE IT , WE REASSEMBLE , This is the industry standard world wide , And all debris is removed free of cost { one removal only}, if you wish to unpack then it is at your risk ,Depending on your insurance cover..........mm

Last edited by mr mover; Oct 4th 2010 at 9:20 am. Reason: forgot about insurance
Old Oct 4th 2010, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

kronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by AndrewMarilyn
Any recommendations please...moving Jan 2011 UK to Sydney

Thanks

and generally, when would we need to start talking to removal companies..what notice do they need?
Soooo not happy with my removal company from uk to Sydney. I haven't even had my stuff yet. Said I'd have room to spare in container, I ended up going over and needed to send stuff as part of a group container which has cost me a lot extra. I have had problems with them, they say they'll keep you updated (they don't), I've not had one email from them that isn't in response to me. Don't want to name and shame yet though as haven't had stuff, just hoping that it's ok as everything else been shambles. When I've emailed to complain, they're not in the slightest bit bothered. Sooo wish I didn't go with them.
Old Oct 4th 2010, 12:32 pm
Just Joined

fathermarc is an unknown quantity at this point

I want to thank you all for your helpful advise. I've got an excellent quote from Cole shippers and as I've already packed the boxes and wrapped them then the price dropped off nicely.

Regards,
Marc
Old Oct 4th 2010, 12:37 pm
darrens1

darrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nice

We are moving to Perth Nov 10 and have decided to go with Anglo Paciffic. We looked at several companies. Our judgement was based on our gut feeling. We found them very helpful and full of useful advice. Weren't the cheapest, but after a little negotiations they dropped their price.
Old Oct 5th 2010, 1:28 am
Forum Regular

holsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by AndrewMarilyn
Any recommendations please...moving Jan 2011 UK to Sydney

Thanks

and generally, when would we need to start talking to removal companies..what notice do they need?
Harrow Green....superb service.......our shipment was packed, shipped, unpacked and reassembled with no breakages in 7 weeks.
Old Oct 5th 2010, 1:47 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr mover
This is what we do . WE PACK IT ,WE UNPACK IT , WE DISMANTLE IT , WE REASSEMBLE , This is the industry standard world wide , And all debris is removed free of cost { one removal only}, if you wish to unpack then it is at your risk ,Depending on your insurance cover..........mm
Hadn't thought that unpacking by the removers could be a condition of the insurance cover. It makes sense though. Will check the small print.
Old Oct 5th 2010, 1:49 am
Banned

Originally Posted by fathermarc
I want to thank you all for your helpful advise. I've got an excellent quote from Cole shippers and as I've already packed the boxes and wrapped them then the price dropped off nicely.

Regards,
Marc
We've gone with Coles too. The best quote by a wide margin .

the shipping experience goes well for all of us
Old Oct 5th 2010, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

heldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really nice

If time is limited check shipping info on net, agree ship that suits and get written in contract.... This is what we are doing will let know if it works...Also we have had airfreight cost subtley written in contract so company pays for that too...
Going with DB - seemed best of 3 - we shall see ...
Old Oct 19th 2010, 1:06 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Try http://www.lettonpercival.co.uk/insu...or-emigrating/

You can insure for say £20k and then list the most critical items of value. They have a questionaire which goes though everything you need to list.

They cost about 1% of total goods value as apposed to the shipping agents which are typically around 3%.
I've just received a quote from them for 1.5% are you sure 1% is what they offered you?
Old Oct 19th 2010, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

kronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant future

I've just received a quote from them for 1.5% are you sure 1% is what they offered you?
I went with Letton Percival, quote was 1.5%, all was fine with them and cheaper than going with shippers insurance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.