Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Good Removal Companies?

Good Removal Companies?

Old Sep 13th 2010, 9:15 pm
Banned

MrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to all
Default Re: Good Removal Companies?

Originally Posted by Alfresco
That's about right. I think they quoted us slightly more by about £100 or something.

Good luck!
Thanks and you boet!
Old Sep 13th 2010, 9:17 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrJenkins
Best quote so far is John Mason at £3652.00 for a 20ft container! Good, bad ??
Looks good! Does that include packing?
Old Sep 13th 2010, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

AndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really nice

Excuse my ignorance, but how big is a 20ft container? (answers saying 20 ft will be ignored!)
Old Sep 13th 2010, 9:37 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndrewMarilyn
Excuse my ignorance, but how big is a 20ft container? (answers saying 20 ft will be ignored!)
About the size of a single garage
Old Sep 13th 2010, 9:39 pm
Banned

MrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to all

Originally Posted by AndrewMarilyn
950ish cb feet....I think. But that means nothing to me
Old Sep 13th 2010, 9:40 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by paulry
Yes...I certainly hope so
Old Sep 13th 2010, 9:49 pm
Banned

Mine is £4330 with Coles for a 20 footer to Canberra including packing and a motorcycle crate. I didn't bother haggling because they were already miles cheaper than several of the other quotes.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 9:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

charlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to all

Best quote so far is John Mason at £3652.00 for a 20ft container! Good, bad ??
Good price - we paid £3900 with John Mason but our stuff only just got into the container.

Charlie
Old Sep 13th 2010, 9:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Yes and complete unpacking of your stuff in your new home on the otherside including assembly of furniture etc...

Also removal of all packing material etc...
Old Sep 14th 2010, 6:26 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Yes and complete unpacking of your stuff in your new home on the otherside including assembly of furniture etc...

Also removal of all packing material etc...
Just a thought and possibly also a stupid question, but will that also include the re-assembly of furniture that you dismantled yourself?
Old Sep 14th 2010, 9:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Just a thought and possibly also a stupid question, but will that also include the re-assembly of furniture that you dismantled yourself?
I don't think they will know what was dis-assembled by you or them.

In our case we'll probably just get this stuff to the right room and re-assemble anything ourselves when we can. We'll get them to unpack and remove packing materials on the furniture items but leave clothes boxes intact.

We may get them to completely unpack the kitchen stuff too!

Bedroom stuff we'll leave in boxes and unpack when necessary.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 10:36 am
Banned

Hey guys, a question for those who have already moved. Has anyone experienced mould or mildew on furniture during transportation? There is added insurance cover, but wanted to see if anyone sees this as necessary extra cost?
Old Sep 16th 2010, 10:53 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to all

Hi

No problem for us. we didn't bother with the extra cover.

Charlie
Old Sep 16th 2010, 11:53 am
Just Joined

fathermarc is an unknown quantity at this point

Paulry,
I'm going to be sending over a couple of bikes and want to know how you find the experience. Would yoiu keep in touch and let me know.

I'm also getting a quote from Coles.

regards,
Marc
Old Sep 16th 2010, 1:04 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by fathermarc
Paulry,
I'm going to be sending over a couple of bikes and want to know how you find the experience. Would yoiu keep in touch and let me know.

I'm also getting a quote from Coles.

regards,
Marc
Sure, I'll let you know . Probably looking at the end of December/beginning of January for the stuff to arrive in Canberra, etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.