Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Good News for PB and the Returnees

Good News for PB and the Returnees

Old May 22nd 2003, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

Ruthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of light

PB your future is in writing. Go write a book (make sure you get a good spell checker tho)
Old May 22nd 2003, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

rainingagain is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Ruthyman
PB your future is in writing. Go write a book (make sure you get a good spell checker tho)
"Australia - the arse end of the planet"

By Mr P Bastard (co-authors Dotty, Jayr & Ceri)
2003 Random House

Edited (extensively) by Publishers
Old May 22nd 2003, 11:56 am
A soft and furry member

Bluey is an unknown quantity at this point

Pity the poor Bastard who gets stuck next to P.B. on the flight back. Though if he's a pleasant in real life as he is on this forum, I'm sure the stewards and stewardesses will be happy to help him from the Aeroplane, at 35000 fet we all hope.
Old May 22nd 2003, 12:14 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

I would'nt mind the negative posts so much if they did'nt always come with the childish put downs. He reminds me of how the kids used to talk/act when i was in junior school.
Old May 22nd 2003, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

Ruthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of light

I cant believe how much these posts cheer me up.
I havent chuckled so much in a long time.
PB is my inspiration, what talent.
Old May 22nd 2003, 11:41 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by PeteY
Agree wholeheartedly. With everyone saying that the prices are going to drop in the UK, which is likely, now would be a rather dodgy time to buy a house here.

However.....what with the oz house prices shootin up (according to all those posts here) i would say now is an ideal time to buy in oz......??

Every boom goes bust as with the UK market and the Australian one will follow (its always behind here) , so you buy on the down .
Buy now in the UK and sell to the mugs coming here?

Old May 23rd 2003, 12:40 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Every boom goes bust as with the UK market and the Australian one will follow (its always behind here) , so you buy on the down .
Buy now in the UK and sell to the mugs coming here?

As a special favour, in consideration of your sterling counter-missionary toil and your innumeracy, I'll give you a few hints.

1. Buy low and sell high or sell high and buy low. When you do that you end up wealthier.

2. Delay buying / selling things that are likely to go down / up in price. When you do that you are likely to end up wealthier.

3. Start the buying / selling process early enough that the purchase / sale is likely to coincide with the low / high price. When you do that you are likely to end up wealthier.

4. Start a numeracy course so you will be able to determine the difference between your buying and selling price. When you can do that you will be able to determine if you have become more or les wealthy through buying and selling.

Last edited by Megalania; May 23rd 2003 at 12:51 am.
Old May 23rd 2003, 1:23 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Megalania
As a special favour, in consideration of your sterling counter-missionary toil and your innumeracy, I'll give you a few hints.

1. Buy low and sell high or sell high and buy low. When you do that you end up wealthier.

Dollar up , Pound down , Australian home price on the up , UK on the down .
Poor wages Australia , living wage UK , no sod the Maths its too easy?
Forget your post its on another planet as are you?

Old May 23rd 2003, 1:27 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

I see you are not totally non-compus mentus. Looks like you have a passing familiarity with point 1. Obviously had a good British education. Not sure you are ready for points 2 to 4.
Old May 23rd 2003, 1:32 am
Banned

Originally posted by Megalania
I see you are not totally non-compus mentus. Looks like you have a passing familiarity with point 1. Obviously had a good British education. Not sure you are ready for points 2 to 4.
Ask me if I care?

Old May 23rd 2003, 1:39 am
Banned

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Ask me if I care?

Do you care? Do I care? Not particularly. Just trying to reward an old digger.
Old May 23rd 2003, 1:39 am
Forum Regular

bryank is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by rainingagain
"Australia - the arse end of the planet"

By Mr P Bastard (co-authors Dotty, Jayr & Ceri)
2003 Random House

Edited (extensively) by Publishers

PB, let us know when your book appears in the shops...can I have an autographed copy?
Old May 23rd 2003, 1:41 am
Banned

Originally posted by bryank
PB, let us know when your book appears in the shops...can I have an autographed copy?
I'm sure he'll wipe his arse on it for you if you ask nicely.
Old May 23rd 2003, 2:03 am
Banned

Originally posted by bryank
Love to but Mr Keating ( Aussie exPM) would sue , the title was his?