Reload this Page >

Good News for PB and the Returnees

Wikiposts

Good News for PB and the Returnees

Old May 21st 2003, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Good News for PB and the Returnees

On news today house prices on the move down, started in the south and now moving North. Already 10 - 15% down here in Cheshire.

Currency in your favour.

I am going the wrong bloody way.
Old May 21st 2003, 12:14 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good News for PB and the Returnees

Originally posted by karawara88
On news today house prices on the move down, started in the south and now moving North. Already 10 - 15% down here in Cheshire.

Currency in your favour.

I wish that that I cared about the money side only , I would pay to get out of this open prison , done my time and now require freedom.
The old days you paid a price for crime , getting sent to Australia was worse than the chop , whats changed?

Old May 21st 2003, 2:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Old man mentioned this morning on findaproperty.com that there was 73,000 properties for sale, I have not looked for a while but I seem to remember it being more like 60,000 around Xmas time when we were there.

Complete opposite here, as always years behind anywhere else prices have just started to Zoom. The demand is incredible, all being snapped up quick as they develop it. Problem here is because of the mega zillion acres of useless desert, most try to squeeze into the cities and suburbs, so everyones fighting for the same stuff.

Maybe with all the Immos declaring how much room we have out here we should develop a water line to the desert, stick in a KFC and sell off the desert to Pommies just off the plane, theres plenty of sand out there put in a fake beach and a few sun umbrellas and the dollars come rolling in. I bet if I drew up a few fancy brochures and set myself up in a Koala Suit at the airport I'd sell a dozen plots in the first week. Beautiful views from Ayes Rock, sand as far as the eye can see, cute kangaroos, no crowds, no traffic, balmy 55C days, and all that space........
"Pommes Paradise" tropical living with zillion acre blocks.
Old May 21st 2003, 2:22 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by dotty
Maybe with all the Immos declaring how much room we have out here we should develop a water line to the desert, ...

I bet if I drew up a few fancy brochures and set myself up in a Koala Suit at the airport I'd sell a dozen plots in the first week.

If they're Pommie Immos, skip the water line, give it a whirly girly.
Old May 21st 2003, 2:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Good News for PB and the Returnees

Currency in your favour.

Much as I would like to believe this, (as I will shortly be one of the "returnees") the latest figures from the Land Registry for the first quarter of 2003 show prices still rising. Had a look on the LR site only a couple of days ago - also, if you look at www.upmystreet.co.uk and click on "property prices" they also show things still heading in an upward direction - at least they did for the south of england, not sure about the rest.

Oops, just discovered upmystreet bases their figures on the Land Registry ones - so no surprises there then...

Still, hope you`re right!!!
Old May 21st 2003, 2:37 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dotty
Old man mentioned this morning on findaproperty.com that there was 73,000 properties for sale, I have not looked for a while but I seem to remember it being more like 60,000 around Xmas time when we were there.

Complete opposite here, as always years behind anywhere else prices have just started to Zoom. The demand is incredible, all being snapped up quick as they develop it. Problem here is because of the mega zillion acres of useless desert, most try to squeeze into the cities and suburbs, so everyones fighting for the same stuff.

Maybe with all the Immos declaring how much room we have out here we should develop a water line to the desert, stick in a KFC and sell off the desert to Pommies just off the plane, theres plenty of sand out there put in a fake beach and a few sun umbrellas and the dollars come rolling in. I bet if I drew up a few fancy brochures and set myself up in a Koala Suit at the airport I'd sell a dozen plots in the first week. Beautiful views from Ayes Rock, sand as far as the eye can see, cute kangaroos, no crowds, no traffic, balmy 55C days, and all that space........
"Pommes Paradise" tropical living with zillion acre blocks.

Too near the truth the Australian PR machine works in over drive to substain the land developers , on a vast Island like Australia why not spread out .
The place is set up so people have to bunch in , you either live in a suburbian waste land and earn a crust or have no hope .
The Israel's have turned dessert into farm land , in Australia they have done the reverse , then made prime land a concrete jungle.

Last edited by pommie bastard; May 21st 2003 at 2:42 pm.
Old May 21st 2003, 2:47 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Broken Hill

The earliest known human inhabitants of the area are said to be the Willyama Aborigines, although, with no permanent water supply in the area their presence was only intermittent.

FOR SALE - Broken Hill

Recently renovated inside and out, this 4 bedroom home should be high on your list of inspections. polished floor boards and quality tiling through out, feature ceilings and cornices add to this homes charm. Numerous fire places, completely renovated bathroom with corner spa, ducted air con and slow combustion wood heater. New timber kitchen at rear with adjoining dining both featuring expansive veiws to established rear yard. Quality fencing abounds the property. Well worth your apprisal.

price $119,500

Last edited by Megalania; May 21st 2003 at 2:57 pm.
Old May 21st 2003, 2:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

they also show things still heading in an upward direction - at least they did for the south of england, not sure about the rest.
I live in cheshire and went to estate agent the other day to make sure everything was going to plan, he said they have loads of propertys on that are not moving and he is advising that prices should be 10 - 15% lower than six months ago which would then create interest again. Probs is first time buyers cant get on the ladder. Without them the property market is buggered. Not that I care because I sold mine at the right time, best not be too smug because its not done and dusted yet. Also estate agent said loads of peeps fulling out because they dont want to buy a property thats going down in value. Using the mentality that they can buy it cheaper in a year or so, not taking into account theres is going down as well.
Old May 21st 2003, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Too near the truth the Australian PR machine works in over drive to substain the land developers , on a vast Island like Australia why not spread out .
The place is set up so people have to bunch in , you either live in a suburbian waste land and earn a crust or have no hope .
The Israel's have turned dessert into farm land , in Australia they have done the reverse , then made prime land a concrete jungle.

As far as I can tell from your posts you don't don't seem to be living in the sticks yourself. You'd just like everyone else to move their so you can have a better lifestyle before you run back home to Britain.

Mind you I doubt you would survive long in the sticks as you might have to do some real work out their rather than sitting in your nice air conditioned office tapping away on the keyboard and hoping to win Gold Lotto.

You just like all the other potentially Aussies want a nice lifestyle, by the beach with all the western facilities, close at hand. And who can blame them with the ideal climate we get out here.
Old May 21st 2003, 3:05 pm
Banned

Also estate agent said loads of peeps fulling out because they dont want to buy a property thats going down in value. Using the mentality that they can buy it cheaper in a year or so, not taking into account theres is going down as well.
All good news for us home coming guys , but the refugees are in for a double shafting , pound falling , prices here still going up fast .
The beach may be a price that is far too expensive for most?

Old May 21st 2003, 3:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

I live in cheshire and went to estate agent the other day to make sure everything was going to plan, he said they have loads of propertys on that are not moving and he is advising that prices should be 10 - 15% lower than six months ago which would then create interest again. Probs is first time buyers cant get on the ladder. Without them the property market is buggered. Not that I care because I sold mine at the right time, best not be too smug because its not done and dusted yet. Also estate agent said loads of peeps fulling out because they dont want to buy a property thats going down in value. Using the mentality that they can buy it cheaper in a year or so, not taking into account theres is going down as well.
I think the bit about people not wanting to buy what may go down is very true. We want to buy UK, but my husband is quite keen to wait a while and see if prices drop, nobody jumps in to a market they think they will get burnt in.
Old May 21st 2003, 3:09 pm
Banned

Originally posted by Kiwipaul
As far as I can tell from your posts you don't don't seem to be living in the sticks yourself. You'd just like everyone else to move their so you can have a better lifestyle before you run back home to Britain.

Mind you I doubt you would survive long in the sticks as you might have to do some real work out their rather than sitting in your nice air conditioned office tapping away on the keyboard and hoping to win Gold Lotto.

You just like all the other potentially Aussies want a nice lifestyle, by the beach with all the western facilities, close at hand. And who can blame them with the ideal climate we get out here.

This from a goverment paid leech , son I've crapped better jobs than you've had or done , here and in the UK.
Bugger the weather I'll take the readies , most third world countries have too much sun and little else , Australia is no different.
Ps seeing as I employ you bugger off and give me value for money , can you teach any good at health care , no just a nerd living out of my pocket.

Last edited by pommie bastard; May 21st 2003 at 3:14 pm.
Old May 21st 2003, 3:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

. And who can blame them with the ideal climate we get out here.
I am so glad you did not post that in Summer.

Memories linger of hot humid nights, warm claggy breeze, the scent of a thousand sweatty armpits adrift on the breeze, the sunblock clagged bodies sticking to seats and dark at 6.30 to sleep without sheets.

No its not no its not Pauly
Old May 21st 2003, 4:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by pommie bastard
This from a goverment paid leech , son I've crapped better jobs than you've had or done , here and in the UK.
Bugger the weather I'll take the readies , most third world countries have too much sun and little else , Australia is no different.
Ps seeing as I employ you bugger off and give me value for money , can you teach any good at health care , no just a nerd living out of my pocket.

As you don't know what jobs I've had in the past your talking through your rear end as usual.

I agree management down here are cr*p and they should have sacked half the dept months ago, I'm perfectly prepared to loose my job here, but thats up to management.
If I loose my job no sweat I'll find another. You've got to have a CAN DO attitude down here, and not continually pine for the lifstyle you left behind in Britian.

You seem to be the classic example of the WHINGEING POM whose only happy when he's got something or someone to complain about.

As for you employing me, you obviously have delusions of granduer, as nobody in their right mind would work for you.

If you apply to the government I'm sure they would give you a grant (just like they do for the refugees) to go back home, as 5 minutes talking to them would convince them you are a no hoper, and it would be money well spent.
Old May 21st 2003, 4:13 pm
Banned

As you don't know what jobs I've had in the past your talking through your rear end as usual.

As for you employing me, you obviously have delusions of granduer, as nobody in their right mind would work for you.

If you apply to the government I'm sure they would give you a grant (just like they do for the refugees) to go back home, as 5 minutes talking to them would convince them you are a no hoper, and it would be money well spent.
Son you have yet to get a life , married got any kids?
My taxes keep you under worked , me host you blood sucker?
In your shorter life what have you done of worth , rebooted a system?
I do work that earns money for this useless country , you take take out of the pot and give what?
Come back when you have lived and gave something of worth to any country , thank god you left the UK one less useless bastard to keep?
My son is a softwear engineer in the UK , he thinks Australia/NZ gets the rejects from the IT there ,who cannot make it in the UK.

Last edited by pommie bastard; May 21st 2003 at 4:21 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.