Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Going it alone......

Going it alone......

Old Jun 21st 2004, 12:06 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by MrFlibbleUK
(its a shame my partners visa is going to go to waste!!).

TAKE ME!! TAKE ME!!!!!
Old Jun 21st 2004, 12:06 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
TAKE ME!! TAKE ME!!!!!

And there's your solution....
Old Jun 21st 2004, 12:07 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bundy
And there's your solution....

Old Jun 21st 2004, 12:10 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
TAKE ME!! TAKE ME!!!!!
Here?!! Now???

Shame on you Sue, you're not in the take it ouside forum now you know
Old Jun 21st 2004, 12:17 am

Originally posted by hevs
Here?!! Now???

Shame on you Sue, you're not in the take it ouside forum now you know

Old Jun 21st 2004, 4:29 am
I never gave up trying

gunnercaz is on a distinguished road
Default Going alone two!

Hiya Mr FibbleUK.

I'm going alone to - but although I got family out there they are not sponsoring me and I plan to ship what stuff I can from a 2 bed house for several reasons - to encourage me to get my own place..job...independance again, etc!

The tough part on 'going alone' is not having someone else to share your emotions....I just use expats to help me do this!

Still not got visa...medicals shipped on 3rd Jun 03, I posted police clearance certificates around the 1st June so hope to hear something soon????

Anbody else posted around the same time as me and heard anything.....I've never been so interested in my house letter box these last couple of weeks!!
Old Jun 21st 2004, 4:37 am
Bloody Nice Bloke

ianj is an unknown quantity at this point

orignally posted by gunnercaz

The tough part on 'going alone' is not having someone else to share your emotions....I just use expats to help me do this!
Amen to that.
Old Jun 21st 2004, 5:19 am
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold

Hiya - I'm going alone, and I'm the one that started the other post they're on about.

I was going to be going with my fella, but it all went tits up and now I'm going alone. My thoughts are - better it went bad now than later. At least we get a fresh start in Oz right!
And yes - I completely understand what you mean about getting the bike you were dreaming of.... I'm on the market for a shiny new one when I get there too. Hmmm....VFR800, GSXR750, CBR600,.....the choice is so hard! Shopping is going to be so much fun! And - since you're into bikes - a good thing to know is that there is a huge biking comminity in Oz, and there are clubs all over the country. Just join the local one and it's instant mates!

Good luck!

W.
Old Jun 21st 2004, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

trainee_pilot will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Going it alone......

Originally posted by MrFlibbleUK
Wont go into great detail but is anyone going it alone to Oz? Or more to the point has anyone here had a partner refuse to go to Oz when it came to crunch time?..am gutted to say the least....
think i will end going on my own, she says she's up for it then next thing she will miss her mum, told her i'm off no matter what. Told same to daughter too, she can come or stay here with ex-wife but whatever they both decide it wont affect my application or decision.
Desperate to get out of UK, no rose tinted glasses either, just want a life change and gotta do it before i'm too old to regret it

Miserable sod arent I lol but u have to chase the dream
Old Jun 21st 2004, 8:51 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Originally posted by Wanderlust
Hiya - I'm going alone, and I'm the one that started the other post they're on about.

I was going to be going with my fella, but it all went tits up and now I'm going alone. My thoughts are - better it went bad now than later. At least we get a fresh start in Oz right!
And yes - I completely understand what you mean about getting the bike you were dreaming of.... I'm on the market for a shiny new one when I get there too. Hmmm....VFR800, GSXR750, CBR600,.....the choice is so hard! Shopping is going to be so much fun! And - since you're into bikes - a good thing to know is that there is a huge biking comminity in Oz, and there are clubs all over the country. Just join the local one and it's instant mates!

Good luck!

W.
..and don't forget about taking them all for a test ride before making your decision? even the ones you know you don't want but, hey why not take it for a spin anyway.

(i've been thinking about a vfr myself, my old 750 was a cracker, until i crashed it. )

Old Jun 21st 2004, 9:12 am

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

Hi Mr FlibbleUK,

Sorry to hear your partner has decided not to go with you.

I'm also going on my own, leaving my two teenage daughters and my grandson here.

They have visas as my dependants but have decided not to go to Aus with me.

I'm lucky though in that my sister is sponsoring me so I can stay with her for a little while till I get my own place.

You have to be true to yourself in the end.

Elaine M
Old Jun 21st 2004, 9:28 am
Bob

Default Re: Going it alone......

In article <[email protected]>,
member13500@british_expats.com (bundy) wrote:

> I ended up on a sheep station in the middle of nowhere, fell in
    > love with a local

Ewe don't say? ;-)

Paul

Old Jun 21st 2004, 11:03 am
ABCDiamond

I came out alone, left my first wife behind, and got a new one when I got here

After, of course, a space of a few years whilst I re-lived my youthfull single days ( ahh the memories )

Old Jun 21st 2004, 8:36 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
I came out alone, left my first wife behind, and got a new one when I got here

do they sell them at the supermarkets down there then? you make it sound so simple. lol

"Can i have a bunch of grapes, a lettice and while you're at it, throw in a wife for me would ya."