Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Going it alone......

Going it alone......

Old Jun 21st 2004, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

MrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the rough
Default Going it alone......

Wont go into great detail but is anyone going it alone to Oz? Or more to the point has anyone here had a partner refuse to go to Oz when it came to crunch time?..am gutted to say the least....
Old Jun 21st 2004, 11:21 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all
Default Re: Going it alone......

Originally posted by MrFlibbleUK
Wont go into great detail but is anyone going it alone to Oz? Or more to the point has anyone here had a partner refuse to go to Oz when it came to crunch time?..am gutted to say the least....
hi mrflibble.

you've just missed a post on this subject, well the going it alone part. if you look back a few days you'll find it, it's called going it alone, funnily enough!.

apart from that, i'm going on my own.

Leigh

PS, RD fan?
Old Jun 21st 2004, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

MrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the rough

Indeed I am...was debating whether to use King Potato or MrFlibble as name....think I made the right choice...
Old Jun 21st 2004, 11:32 am
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

Sounds like you've had a bit of a tough time.

There are quite a few going on their own mate, and I hope they can help. Dont know how heavy things were with your partner, but I hope that between you both you make the right decisions, and that things work out cool!

I'm going over on my own, and giving up a hell of a lot here, but I'm going to be with my aussie girlfriend so its way easier for me. I do know that there are some on here going on their own and starting a new life on their own. There's also bound to be a few that have already done it and got settled.

i'm not much use I'm afraid, but if you think its right still then I'd say go for it and stay as posisitive as possible.

Good luck!
Old Jun 21st 2004, 11:33 am
Bloody Nice Bloke

ianj is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm going on my own.

Div'd so its just me and me alone. Good in some ways.......bad in others.

Watch out Melbourne ladies is all I can say. Sods law says that the first person I meet will be from the UK and I will end up seeing them.

Who knows eh.
Old Jun 21st 2004, 11:35 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Originally posted by MrFlibbleUK
Indeed I am...was debating whether to use King Potato or MrFlibble as name....think I made the right choice...
i was going to use mrflibble when i signed up.... guess you beat me to it.
Old Jun 21st 2004, 11:37 am
life begins again...

Originally posted by ianj
Good in some ways.......bad in others.
i can't agree with you more on that! (it certainly makes the money go further )
Old Jun 21st 2004, 11:41 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Doing it alone....
Old Jun 21st 2004, 11:43 am
life begins again...

Originally posted by Simone
Doing it alone....

show off.
Old Jun 21st 2004, 11:44 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by scutterUK
show off.

Old Jun 21st 2004, 11:48 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ianj
Watch out Melbourne ladies is all I can say.

was just saying earlier that all the decent potential partners are either married or gay..............would like to add 'or emigrating to aus' to the list!!

I went off travelling on my own ........... far east and oz, and hoped to have a job sorted when i got to oz so i could stop, but declined it. Its nice and easy to go alone......you only have yourself to consider, none of this 'are you ok? im fine, are you ok?' if things get rough.

to all you singles -
embrace your freedom and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!!!!!

Old Jun 21st 2004, 11:49 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Like others here, I'm going back to Oz with my (aussie) other half. But that said, I do have friends who have moved out there on their own, some several years ago. From speaking to them, what you lose in having someone to share the hassle with, you gain in having the absolute freedom to go where you want and do what you want. I've always found Oz a very welcoming place, particularly if you head out of the big cities to the rural areas.

I hope you sort things out. Maybe look at it as a whole new start?
Old Jun 21st 2004, 11:54 am
life begins again...

Originally posted by bundy
Maybe look at it as a whole new start?
yup that's why i'm off! nothing to lose by going and everything to gain. besides by going on my own it means i can have my new bike i've been dreaming about since before i even applied for the visa!!

sue,.... timing is everything!
Old Jun 21st 2004, 11:57 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins

I went off travelling on my own ........... far east and oz, and hoped to have a job sorted when i got to oz so i could stop, but declined it. Its nice and easy to go alone......you only have yourself to consider, none of this 'are you ok? im fine, are you ok?' if things get rough.

Got to agree there. I've travelled on my own and with a mate and I'd pick going on my own any day. So much easier, and you get so much more out of it. Mind you, last time I went travelling on my own, I ended up on a sheep station in the middle of nowhere, fell in love with a local and look where that's got me! Struggling with a spouse visa!
Old Jun 21st 2004, 12:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cheers everyone it help so much....was even contemplating not going to Oz....but think I will give it a shot (its a shame my partners visa is going to go to waste!!).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.