Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Getting nervous now...

Getting nervous now...

Old Jun 24th 2009, 10:29 pm
Claire

Keg R will become famous soon enoughKeg R will become famous soon enough
Default Getting nervous now...

Hi all we're flying to Sydney on the 4th July and I'm getting very nervous .

We are all ready to go so before my laptop gets packed away just wanted to wish all the other movers good luck xx
Old Jun 25th 2009, 5:52 am
Forum Regular

maund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to all
Default Re: Getting nervous now...

Good luck with the move and hope you settle in quickly. I think nerves are a normal part of this whole process, mine are in tatters.
Gill
Old Jun 25th 2009, 6:18 am
BE Enthusiast

LoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Keg R

We are all ready to go so before my laptop gets packed away just wanted to wish all the other movers good luck xx
I know what you mean, we are leaving 22nd / 23rd July for Brisbane and after years of waiting it is finally upon us and it kind of freaks you out a bit!

Good luck

Lone Ranger
Old Jun 25th 2009, 6:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Perfectly normal, the last few weeks can be a huge emotional rollercoaster.
Good luck to all who are about to set out on the adventure
Old Jun 25th 2009, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

greghal is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm off to Melbourne towards the end of the year, can't wait to avoid the British winter!!!

GOOD LUCK
Old Jun 25th 2009, 7:44 am
Banned

danjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nice

Melbourne has winters too.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud of

Good luck- enjoy the flights!
Old Jun 25th 2009, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

tyne is an unknown quantity at this point

We are flying to Brisbane from Newcastle on Monday 29th June. Just 4 more sleeps in the UK. Definately a rollercoaster these last few weeks, but i have never been more ready for anything in my life. I am sooooo exited!

Best of luck to everyone else moving soon
Old Jun 25th 2009, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

josie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by tyne
We are flying to Brisbane from Newcastle on Monday 29th June. Just 4 more sleeps in the UK. Definately a rollercoaster these last few weeks, but i have never been more ready for anything in my life. I am sooooo exited!

Hi all

we to are flying on 29th june to brisbane from birmingham, cant believe it's actually happening!!! a dream coming true but very emotional time, the days are just passing so fast !

good luck to all

josie jo x
Old Jun 25th 2009, 4:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

charlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by josie jo
Hi all

we to are flying on 29th june to brisbane from birmingham, cant believe it's actually happening!!! a dream coming true but very emotional time, the days are just passing so fast !

good luck to all

josie jo x
ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 25th 2009, 6:30 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

I am a wreck already & we wont be leaving till Sept/Oct... We've only just sold the house so maybe thats adding to the stress too! we'll be ok!
Old Jun 25th 2009, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

grays is on a distinguished road

We leave for Perth on July 2nd and feel exactly the same. Our house was packed up and shipped 2 weeks ago so we've basically been living like squatters in our own home for 2 weeks which hasn't helped. I never realised just how much I loved my sofas. Sitting on garden chairs for 2 weeks is no joke. Will be so glad to get back to some sort of normality at some point. Good luck everyone !
Old Jun 25th 2009, 7:32 pm

Perthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud of

14th July for us - we've been living like squatter's for months!!

23 sleeps and counting!

All the best everyone!

P
x
Old Jun 25th 2009, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

nbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tyne

Good Luck hope everything goes well and maybe we will have a get together at a GC meet once we arrive hopefully next year. Update us on your experiences.
Old Jun 28th 2009, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tawkins1
I am a wreck already & we wont be leaving till Sept/Oct... We've only just sold the house so maybe thats adding to the stress too! we'll be ok!
As you already know, we are on similar timeframes. Feel a bit in limbo at the mo. Want to get on with it but not going to book flights or shipping company until further down the line re the house sale.

Husbands boss said not to quit his job but to take a month out to see if we like it coz he doesn't want to lose him!!!! That was lovely of him but only adds to the 'what are we leaving behind?' scenario. I don't want him to change his mind at this late stage.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.