Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Getting nervous now...

Getting nervous now...

Old Jun 28th 2009, 9:32 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Getting nervous now...

Originally Posted by charlie-k
As you already know, we are on similar timeframes. Feel a bit in limbo at the mo. Want to get on with it but not going to book flights or shipping company until further down the line re the house sale.

Husbands boss said not to quit his job but to take a month out to see if we like it coz he doesn't want to lose him!!!! That was lovely of him but only adds to the 'what are we leaving behind?' scenario. I don't want him to change his mind at this late stage.
I'm sure he wont change his mind although I keep thinking my OH will back out last minute. Everything here seems to be annoying us at the moment, our neighbours have started being weird with us since the sold sign went up too. Probably a bit of jealously as a few of them want to do it but dont have age on their side or their partners wouldn't leave family....
We keep looking at flights too but are frightened to do anything till the sale has gone thru!!!! We keep thinking something is gonna go wrong..... Its just one hurdle after another isn't it?
Old Jun 28th 2009, 10:17 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tawkins1
I'm sure he wont change his mind although I keep thinking my OH will back out last minute. Everything here seems to be annoying us at the moment, our neighbours have started being weird with us since the sold sign went up too. Probably a bit of jealously as a few of them want to do it but dont have age on their side or their partners wouldn't leave family....
We keep looking at flights too but are frightened to do anything till the sale has gone thru!!!! We keep thinking something is gonna go wrong..... Its just one hurdle after another isn't it?
I've recently hurt my back - is this a sign?
Old Jun 28th 2009, 5:24 pm
Just Joined

Pastie is just really nicePastie is just really nicePastie is just really nicePastie is just really nicePastie is just really nicePastie is just really nicePastie is just really nicePastie is just really nice

Good luck, good luck to everyone!!!!!

My husband and I are moving to Melbourne in September and I flit from being excited to nervous to anxious to excited again! Luckily there's more excitement than anything!

So much to do, so little time! I wish I was more organised, but one way or another we will soon be on the other side of the world!

Maybe see some of you out there.....
Old Jun 28th 2009, 5:40 pm

Perthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud of

I woke up this morning - all is right with the world..then I remembered .....OH GOD - I'M EMIGRATING IN 2 WEEKS !! WTF AM I DOING !!! AHHHHHH!!!!!!!

When you're waiting for your visa/sponsorship/skills assesment - time goes so slow doesnt it!!?? Now it's slipping by and before you know it we'll be on our way to the airport!

I keep telling the kids not to climb tree's, walk on walls or go too fast on the neighbours bike's because if they break an arm or a leg it'll be at least 6 weeks to mend and no flying!!

Selfish?

Moi?
Old Jun 28th 2009, 7:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

charlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Perthfect
I woke up this morning - all is right with the world..then I remembered .....OH GOD - I'M EMIGRATING IN 2 WEEKS !! WTF AM I DOING !!! AHHHHHH!!!!!!!

When you're waiting for your visa/sponsorship/skills assesment - time goes so slow doesnt it!!?? Now it's slipping by and before you know it we'll be on our way to the airport!

I keep telling the kids not to climb tree's, walk on walls or go too fast on the neighbours bike's because if they break an arm or a leg it'll be at least 6 weeks to mend and no flying!!

Selfish?

Moi?
lol - sounds like something I would say to the kids too!
Old Jun 28th 2009, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

FionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really nice

Hi

Thought I'd join this thread.
We are flying on 23rd July, packers are coming on 16th and cats are going on 20th. It is getting very close! I am very excited but also feel very guilty leaving my mum and sister.

I finish work on 9th July - it's all dates dates dates.

It looks like I have a job as when I handed my notice in they asked me to continue to work for them from the Perth office starting on 10th Aug. I have the paperwork to accept the offer and need to just post it tomorrow - that really is a stroke of luck and I keep thinking something will go wrong with it. Must keep fingers crossed.

Sending out calming positive thoughts to everyone going soon!!

Fiona
Old Jun 28th 2009, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FionaandAndrew
Hi

Thought I'd join this thread.
We are flying on 23rd July, packers are coming on 16th and cats are going on 20th. It is getting very close! I am very excited but also feel very guilty leaving my mum and sister.

I finish work on 9th July - it's all dates dates dates.

It looks like I have a job as when I handed my notice in they asked me to continue to work for them from the Perth office starting on 10th Aug. I have the paperwork to accept the offer and need to just post it tomorrow - that really is a stroke of luck and I keep thinking something will go wrong with it. Must keep fingers crossed.

Sending out calming positive thoughts to everyone going soon!!

Fiona
ooh - well done!!!!!! That must be a weight off your minds.
Hope your move goes well. Will be thinking about you on the 23rd. Good luck!!
Old Jun 29th 2009, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

josie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant future

hi all, well i know it's the middle of the night in the uk but we have had our leaving party tonight and we are flying in the morning!!!!!!! i feel like an emotional wreck, the kids were all crying, we were crying, cant believe it's actually happening

one way flight birmingham to brisbane tomorrow afternoon

australia here we come

good luck everyone

josie jo x
Old Jun 29th 2009, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

FionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really nice

Originally Posted by charlie-k
ooh - well done!!!!!! That must be a weight off your minds.
Hope your move goes well. Will be thinking about you on the 23rd. Good luck!!
Thanks Charlie-k
Old Jun 29th 2009, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by josie jo
hi all, well i know it's the middle of the night in the uk but we have had our leaving party tonight and we are flying in the morning!!!!!!! i feel like an emotional wreck, the kids were all crying, we were crying, cant believe it's actually happening

australia here we come

good luck everyone

josie jo x
Bon Voyage!!!
Old Jun 29th 2009, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

polly_pod has a brilliant futurepolly_pod has a brilliant futurepolly_pod has a brilliant futurepolly_pod has a brilliant futurepolly_pod has a brilliant futurepolly_pod has a brilliant futurepolly_pod has a brilliant futurepolly_pod has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Keg R
Hi all we're flying to Sydney on the 4th July and I'm getting very nervous .

We are all ready to go so before my laptop gets packed away just wanted to wish all the other movers good luck xx

Good luck to you
Old Jun 29th 2009, 7:37 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by danjones1
Melbourne has winters too.
Winters day today, 16C and sunny. More like a spring day in the UK.
Old Jun 29th 2009, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

australia here we come

good luck everyone

josie jo x
All part of the package I'm afraid. Not looking forward to that bit myself.
Have a safe journey.
Old Jun 29th 2009, 12:53 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

australia here we come

good luck everyone

josie jo x
Goodluck!!! We are just arranging our leaving do & just thinking about it makes me upset I'm dreading that part but think i'll do it about a week b4 so i'm not blubbering all night at my do
Old Jun 29th 2009, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

greghal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Deancm
Winters day today, 16C and sunny. More like a spring day in the UK.
thanks for that, i know melbourne has winters and can be changeable, still alot better then the UK though!!

There is also no Gordon Brown there as well!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.