George Best

Old Nov 25th 2005, 2:12 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: George Best

Originally Posted by Lerop Pekill
no he has'nt moved far.
I've just seen the news, he's dead apparently...
Old Nov 25th 2005, 2:13 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Cryuff
Gullitt
Van Basten
Both Laudrups
Pele
Charlton
Lineker
Souness
Dalglish

All fantastic talents, fame & fortune, and all still living.
And your point is???
Old Nov 25th 2005, 2:13 am
NO 8 THE LEGEND

Lerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walla1
I've just seen the news, he's dead apparently...
jesus wept, you're joking.
Old Nov 25th 2005, 2:15 am
NO 8 THE LEGEND

Lerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scossie
And your point is???
he was the only one fame & fortune took it's toll on? the guy while a fantastic talent was a waster.
Old Nov 25th 2005, 2:24 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

jesus wept, you're joking.
nope, I'm serious, it's on Sky News now.
Old Nov 25th 2005, 2:28 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

he was the only one fame & fortune took it's toll on? the guy while a fantastic talent was a waster.
So you measure George Best's whys and wherefores against 10 other footballers of your choice?

Whilst I agree he wasn't exactly an outstanding role model, you are hardly encompassing the perils of fame and fortune as a whole!?!
Old Nov 25th 2005, 2:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

R.I.P. George Best, I also like Bix, want to remember the good times !!!!!!
no one is perfect, but George will always be remembered as one of the best players that the U.K has ever produced.
My heartfelt blessings go out to his family and his many friends.
Old Nov 25th 2005, 2:39 am
Keeping it fairly real

Originally Posted by Scossie
So you measure George Best's whys and wherefores against 10 other footballers of your choice?

Whilst I agree he wasn't exactly an outstanding role model, you are hardly encompassing the perils of fame and fortune as a whole!?!
George Best had 6 years, or thereabouts, of great football in him, that's 10% of his life, the rest was dedicated to drinking, womanising and wife beating...

it's rather ironic that yesterday, or today in some parts of the world we were asked to wear white ribbons, which I did, in support of "no violence against women", or something like that.
Old Nov 25th 2005, 8:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

here here walla1

hugs lace x
Old Nov 25th 2005, 8:57 am
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light

At times, this forum reminds me of one of those epic Roman films. The Gladiators enter and the masses all start cheering and screeching, baying for blood. Quite sickening really.
The bloke was still a human being. Granted he did bad stuff and made stupid decisions. If you cant have any respect for him at least show some for his family hes not even cold yet FFS !
Old Nov 25th 2005, 9:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh give over and get off your soap box.
here let me give you a hand
Old Nov 25th 2005, 9:03 am
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lacey21
Oh give over and get off your soap box.
here let me give you a hand
I am just as entitled to a soap box as you and everyone else is. Keep your hands to yourself
Old Nov 25th 2005, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Raymond Hogan will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by fraser
Just a heard a rumour he's gone.
its no rumour its true
Old Nov 25th 2005, 9:09 am
Sydney- North Shore

jjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by fraser
I apologise, it was obviously not true
i'd be more shocked if you said he'd gone sober
Old Nov 25th 2005, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

ireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud of

RIP George Best -sympathy to your family.
Belfast will always remember you with PRIDE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.