Wikiposts

George Best

Old Nov 25th 2005, 2:37 pm
NO 8 THE LEGEND

Lerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: George Best

Originally Posted by soapy
i have to argue with that. i heard yesterday that malky madsad was the greatest British footballer ever

He is some player that boy Malky, i've seen him, he could keep a beachball off you in a phone box.
Old Nov 25th 2005, 2:39 pm
NO 8 THE LEGEND

Lerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pompeywill
Maradona - drug addict
Gazza - where do I start?
Pele - erection problems

R.I.P George
Pele Erection problems!! wtf has that got to do with anything??!!
Old Nov 25th 2005, 2:40 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
I heard that as well
me too
Old Nov 25th 2005, 2:49 pm
NO 8 THE LEGEND

Originally Posted by walla1
me too
where did u hear this?
Old Nov 25th 2005, 3:11 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lerop Pekill
where did u hear this?
On the grapevine
Old Nov 25th 2005, 3:19 pm
gsb
Cake or Death

gsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond repute

A bit of a feeble reply Pompey.

Georgie Boy....quite frankly wasted the gift he was given. Yeah I feel sorry...sorry for his family and sorry for the family of the person who's organs he got.

It seems to me that Georgie Boy made a career out of 6 years of top level Footie.

As for being the best the British Isles have seen....Hmm...I dont think so.

Originally Posted by pompeywill
Maradona - drug addict
Gazza - where do I start?
Pele - erection problems

R.I.P George
Old Nov 25th 2005, 3:23 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

where did u hear this?
soapy told me
Old Nov 25th 2005, 3:55 pm
NO 8 THE LEGEND

Originally Posted by walla1
soapy told me
I dont know if wee soapy is the most reliable source.
Old Nov 25th 2005, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Linda Lushardi
At times, this forum reminds me of one of those epic Roman films. The Gladiators enter and the masses all start cheering and screeching, baying for blood. Quite sickening really.
The bloke was still a human being. Granted he did bad stuff and made stupid decisions. If you cant have any respect for him at least show some for his family hes not even cold yet FFS !
Well said Linda Lushardi, I could not agree more, a little respect for his family would be nice, sad that some people have none what so ever.
Old Nov 25th 2005, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

neal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Goerge Best RIP

Originally Posted by BobbyDazzler
Let' also remember George Best - the true legend of football

RIP George
I remember as a kid all of us wanted to be George Best kickin around in the street, he was a one off, He played at a time when players like Pele, Eusebio, Cruyff, to name but a few, in the toughest league in the world, on some pretty dire pitches too, he lived his life to the max and he entertained us all the same, he knew the risks he was taking, he lived his life his way, and why not, new liver or not, his life wasn't wasted, he brought pleasure to many, he was a master of his craft, he had it all as a player, speed, great awareness,he could head a ball, he could be a dirty little bugger too, but he had to know how to look after himself in the 70's with players like Ron Harris, Norman Hunter, Dave Mackay and the like, he gave as good as he got. I think the thing with George Best was that he was too close to see the genius that he was and the legend he now will become, a minutes cheering at all the football this weekend, not silence
Old Nov 25th 2005, 6:10 pm
superam74

Originally Posted by lovealot
We've lost a legend of football, its a sad day.
Lets remember him for the genius he was.
Hear , hear. George Best gave the public more entertainment in a heartbeat than all his 'do good critics' will give in a lifetime. may he rest in peace.

Old Nov 25th 2005, 6:15 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Lerop Pekill]I dont know if wee soapy is the most reliable source.QUOTE]
yeh your right, i talk pish....................i got mixed up. i meat to say malky madsad its the worst player to come oot the uk
donna telt me
Old Nov 25th 2005, 6:16 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

He is some player that boy Malky, i've seen him, he could keep a beachball off you in a phone box.
yip, all it would take is one fart
Old Nov 25th 2005, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neal
I remember as a kid all of us wanted to be George Best kickin around in the street, he was a one off, He played at a time when players like Pele, Eusebio, Cruyff, to name but a few, in the toughest league in the world, on some pretty dire pitches too, he lived his life to the max and he entertained us all the same, he knew the risks he was taking, he lived his life his way, and why not, new liver or not, his life wasn't wasted, he brought pleasure to many, he was a master of his craft, he had it all as a player, speed, great awareness,he could head a ball, he could be a dirty little bugger too, but he had to know how to look after himself in the 70's with players like Ron Harris, Norman Hunter, Dave Mackay and the like, he gave as good as he got. I think the thing with George Best was that he was too close to see the genius that he was and the legend he now will become, a minutes cheering at all the football this weekend, not silence
here, here, when i was a young girl i fancied him like mad. being a man u supporter and all. god he was fit.
Old Nov 25th 2005, 6:51 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

it's 'Mr Annqldau'

Never been a football fan (I know, I know - how can I be English and not into footie???? - heard it all before) but even as a non-fan I can appreciate that George Best was a 'character' - not a football fan. As someone who left the game at 27 years old, yet still remained in teh media as a person until now, how can you not admire that. OK - some might think he was inthe spotlight for the wrong reasones, but if there was ever a role model for 'live now - die later' it has to be him. He spit in the eye of critics, did what he wanted to do and lived life, not just to the full, but over and above what most of us could even dream of. Best of luck to anyone with that outlook!! - bet he's up there now (or down there) ordering pints with whisky chasers - and good luck to him!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.