Football, sorry

Old Mar 3rd 2007, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

fillinghams is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Football, sorry

Well as the originator of this thread i shall use this to promote the fact my team (Wigan) have beaten Man City today and made huge progress in our battle against relagation.

Having been a fan since 1978 and having attended most of thehome games since then my desire for the club to stay in the Prmier league is not only as i love the club and as such only ever want positive things to happen, but also it will make it so much easier to watch them in Aus if they are in the prem.

Craig
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 8:05 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordiebloke
Have you ever actually been to a toon match
Yep quite a few.
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fillinghams
Well as the originator of this thread i shall use this to promote the fact my team (Wigan) have beaten Man City today and made huge progress in our battle against relagation.

Having been a fan since 1978 and having attended most of thehome games since then my desire for the club to stay in the Prmier league is not only as i love the club and as such only ever want positive things to happen, but also it will make it so much easier to watch them in Aus if they are in the prem.

Craig
Yes, fingers crossed you lot stop up, although you tend to be one of (many)
bogey teams for the toon. But it does mean that we're more likely to get
rid of 3 lots of southern softies
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 9:36 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordiebloke
Yes, fingers crossed you lot stop up, although you tend to be one of (many)
bogey teams for the toon. But it does mean that we're more likely to get
rid of 3 lots of southern softies
Your bait is a bit stale, please try harder
Old Mar 4th 2007, 12:11 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
Congratulations on finding two Geordies and mackems in the same room who could count high enough to play cards

*puts on tin hat*

They couldn't, we were playing Happy Families and the Geordie won with a pair of Mr Bunn the Baker
Old Mar 4th 2007, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

Craig
Well said mate, I listened to the game last night via the bbc wireless on't th'interweb! It wasn't on Foxtel and I dont have it anyway so it makes no difference! lol

That new striker from Chesterfield, Caleb Folan, looks a handful!

Thats a 100% Prem record we have against Man City, definitely their bogey team! Moved up to 15th too, can't be bad!
Old Mar 4th 2007, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

Over recent weeks we have looked the a good team, its getting Matt Jackson playing that has turned things round.

I think we can finish 12, which will be comparable with last season.

This season is looking a mirror image of last year. Last year we started really well and faded, this year we started rubbish, and look like finishing well.

After yesterdays game i would not rule city out.
Old Mar 4th 2007, 7:01 am
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all

Craig
I remember some of the good old days at your old ground Springfield Park,
Being a Preston suporter I would love to be in Wigans place. They have done well for themselves. Hopefully one year we will be in the Premiership then if we get to Australia I can watch us on TV.
Gary
Old Mar 4th 2007, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

Great result for us today to round off a good weekend.

West Ham going down, o dear!!

Lets drag Man City and Aston Villa into to make it interesting

Craig
Old Mar 4th 2007, 10:10 pm

Yep, we're going down. Have been for ages.

We'll be back though and still around when people are saying "do you remember when Wigan were in the top flight?"
Old Mar 5th 2007, 12:33 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=fraser;4482259]Yep, we're going down. Have been for ages.

I was talking about this with my BIL, like yourself a mad keen hammer. And we couldn't really put a finger on how it has gone so wrong this year, we know the obvious, not scoring enough etc, but there must be more to it than just that. Look how well the same team played last year.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 4:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=jond;4482588]

I was talking about this with my BIL, like yourself a mad keen hammer. And we couldn't really put a finger on how it has gone so wrong this year, we know the obvious, not scoring enough etc, but there must be more to it than just that. Look how well the same team played last year.
The consensus on the CPFC.BBS, by West Ham fans, that post there, is that they over performed last year.

28 pages worth of comments, if you want to wade through it.

http://forums.cpfc.org/showthread.ph...=&pagenumber=1
Old Mar 5th 2007, 6:53 am
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

We'll be back though and still around when people are saying "do you remember when Wigan were in the top flight?"
lol, I detect a hint of bitterness!!
Old Mar 5th 2007, 8:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Watched the whole of West Ham vs Spurs (Sky) and felt genuinely sorry for all connected with West Ham (sincerely). However, if I felt 2-0 wasn't enough and 3-2 with a few minutes to go wasn't the end of it then I'm sure the supporters and management felt the same and if you think these things they come to pass. The Championship is getting increasingly hard to get out of and I wouldn't be sure that they will just bounce back, just because they are well supported. A different type of player is needed for a scrap in the Championship than surviving in the Premiership - who knows, they might have the former rather than the latter, only time will tell.

OzTennis
Old Mar 5th 2007, 9:19 am

I'm sure that it will be very difficult to bounce back, especially if the players believe it will be easy.

Like last time we will be everyones cup final.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.