fishing tackle

Old Sep 2nd 2006, 12:07 am
We're here in Brissie

Fionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really nice
Default Re: fishing tackle

Originally Posted by aston man
i bet there is no chance of them letting fishing tackle in is there?
it would be a shame if not got thousands of pounds worth and i would have to sell it for next to nothing
I asked the shipping companies we had in for quotes about this as the OH is well into fishing. Basicaly as long as your lures and flies etc are artificial (ie no feathers etc) you can take them with you. We got this same answer from them all,.

Fiona
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 12:10 am
We're here in Brissie

Fionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really nice

Originally Posted by BillandAbby
We got a removal company round yesterday to give us a quote - they reckon we need a full container plus an extra bit - the guy joked that the full container was for all my husbands fishing equipment and the extra bit for the rest of the house! And he says it's just a hobby!

Anyroad, the point is he said you can take all your tackle but they will look carefully at it. He said Sea Fishing stuff was of more interest than Freshwater (frankly I couldn't tell the difference but my husband nodded knowledgeably). His advice was clean everything really welll, wipe it all down with Milton steriliser so that if they 'swab it' nothing will show up. He said the bits they swab most often are the grips on rods and bait boxes etc.

We have also heard its expensive to replace stuff out there.

As for boats - I keep finding Bill looking at web sites when he thinks I've gone to sleep...
We bought some fishing stuff in QLD a couple of years ago and found it so much cheaper than in the UK.
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 4:51 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fionast
We bought some fishing stuff in QLD a couple of years ago and found it so much cheaper than in the UK.
I had better get some milton in and give my TACKLE a good old clean
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 5:28 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Katsmajics other half !!!

be carefull it stings
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 8:32 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aston man
be carefull it stings

aston man dont know if this link will help but my cousin has a boat in freemantle and he uses it for all sorts, think they do the licencing and boat tickets.

http://www.dpi.wa.gov.au/imarine/coastaldata/2862.asp

Some great web cam shots too!!
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 8:47 pm
We're here in Brissie

Whats milton and where do you get it?
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

Location: North East - planning to move to Southern Queensland
BillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Fionast
Whats milton and where do you get it?
It's sterilising fluid - people usually use it for baby bottles/dummies etc. you find it in most supermarkets in the baby aisle. You mix it with water and then dip stuff/wipe stuff with it.
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Rabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of light

Remember that Milton is an antibacterial product primary and AQIS don't do bacteriological screening as they are looking for bugs and other creatures so a good clean sufficient to removal all visable contamination will suffice. Beward of using products like Milton fluid as it can damage the lacquers used on modern fishing rods.
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 12:34 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rabc
Remember that Milton is an antibacterial product primary and AQIS don't do bacteriological screening as they are looking for bugs and other creatures so a good clean sufficient to removal all visable contamination will suffice. Beward of using products like Milton fluid as it can damage the lacquers used on modern fishing rods.
Someone said summat about the Oz customs taking swabs and stuff, but if all that is required is good old fashioned soapy water then that will do for me.....as for removing lacquer yeh it would prob make a right mess of it all.
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 12:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

We've got three telescopic rods and brought them on our suitcase along with a box of hooks etc, the cases were never opened, in fact nothing was said about it at all. They just waved us through

Last edited by WendyC; Sep 3rd 2006 at 1:02 pm.
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 12:59 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Someone said summat about the Oz customs taking swabs and stuff, but if all that is required is good old fashioned soapy water then that will do for me.....as for removing lacquer yeh it would prob make a right mess of it all.
i would of thought that you could wipe everything down with baby wipes.?