fishing tackle

Old Sep 1st 2006, 2:18 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: fishing tackle

Originally Posted by WendyC
Where is the best place to go fishing then G ?? In South Australia I mean
Have a look here Wendy:
http://www.fishsa.com/cgi-bin/forum/...pl#reports_cat

Lots of information.

There are carp in the Torrens and several of the lakes.

Fishing is OK off the jetties but far better away from the city.

I am no real expert on SA but have fished there a bit.

Tight lines

G
Old Sep 1st 2006, 2:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Have a look here Wendy:
http://www.fishsa.com/cgi-bin/forum/...pl#reports_cat

Lots of information.

There are carp in the Torrens and several of the lakes.

Fishing is OK off the jetties but far better away from the city.

I am no real expert on SA but have fished there a bit.

Tight lines

G

Thanks for that G

K sent
Old Sep 1st 2006, 2:22 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

K sent
and returned

G
Old Sep 1st 2006, 2:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

and returned

G

G, we are from Yorkshire - tight is our middle name
Old Sep 1st 2006, 2:28 pm
Bitter and twisted

G, we are from Yorkshire - tight is our middle name
Tight tykes eh?

G
Old Sep 1st 2006, 2:32 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Tight tykes eh?

G
i have been looking at boats through my rose tinted spectacles.

who knows? :scared:
Old Sep 1st 2006, 2:32 pm
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by aston man
i have been looking at boats through my rose tinted spectacles.

who knows? :scared:
So have I. Where are you going?

G
Old Sep 1st 2006, 2:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tight tykes eh?

G

tight everything
Old Sep 1st 2006, 2:33 pm
Bitter and twisted

tight everything
everything?

G
Old Sep 1st 2006, 2:38 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

So have I. Where are you going?

G
perth.you can get a boster cheap as chips.

i know that i wont rest until i have got one,i would like one for fun as well as fishing.water skiing would be nice for us all to have a go at.and one of those inertube things.

jeez i cannot wait.
Old Sep 1st 2006, 2:44 pm
Bitter and twisted

perth.you can get a boster cheap as chips.

i know that i wont rest until i have got one,i would like one for fun as well as fishing.water skiing would be nice for us all to have a go at.and one of those inertube things.

jeez i cannot wait.
Be careful what you get. The sea can get rough and a lot of boats won't handle it too well.
You will also need to get trained before you can get a licence for a boat.

G
Old Sep 1st 2006, 2:51 pm
Banned

Be careful what you get. The sea can get rough and a lot of boats won't handle it too well.
You will also need to get trained before you can get a licence for a boat.

G
i honestly did not give it a thought that you would have to have a licence.
thanks for your help,i would of just towed it down to the beach and away we go.
so a lot of those small speed boats must be for lakes then.

i fancy getting hold of something as a project and giving it some love and attention, a bit of a Hobey.something to while away the hours.

what do you think?what do you have in mind?
Old Sep 1st 2006, 3:01 pm
Bitter and twisted

i honestly did not give it a thought that you would have to have a licence.
thanks for your help,i would of just towed it down to the beach and away we go.
so a lot of those small speed boats must be for lakes then.

i fancy getting hold of something as a project and giving it some love and attention, a bit of a Hobey.something to while away the hours.

what do you think?what do you have in mind?
The size of boat you need for the sea you would not be able to launch off a beach You would need to launch off a boat ramp.

My son owned a boat and is looking at buying another. Around 5-7 metres is about right for the sea (with a decent outboard or two). You can use a small boat but it would be dangerous and you would be limited to close inshore or estuaries.

The small boats are for the lakes.

Look here:

http://www.fishnet.com.au/

and here:

http://www.fishingmonthly.com.au/_bb_/index.php

I will probably share a boat with my son but will get a 'tinny' for estuaries, rivers and lakes.

G
Old Sep 1st 2006, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

Location: North East - planning to move to Southern Queensland
BillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud of

We got a removal company round yesterday to give us a quote - they reckon we need a full container plus an extra bit - the guy joked that the full container was for all my husbands fishing equipment and the extra bit for the rest of the house! And he says it's just a hobby!

Anyroad, the point is he said you can take all your tackle but they will look carefully at it. He said Sea Fishing stuff was of more interest than Freshwater (frankly I couldn't tell the difference but my husband nodded knowledgeably). His advice was clean everything really welll, wipe it all down with Milton steriliser so that if they 'swab it' nothing will show up. He said the bits they swab most often are the grips on rods and bait boxes etc.

We have also heard its expensive to replace stuff out there.

As for boats - I keep finding Bill looking at web sites when he thinks I've gone to sleep...
Old Sep 1st 2006, 8:48 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

i bet there is no chance of them letting fishing tackle in is there?
it would be a shame if not got thousands of pounds worth and i would have to sell it for next to nothing
Just a quick comment mate

You might find you need bigger hooks over here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.