Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

First day of Spring

First day of Spring

Old Sep 1st 2005, 10:04 am
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First day of Spring

Originally Posted by Badge
do you mean ice, or frost - or less.?

It's bizarre, we always get people saying how cold it must get where we are 'in the hills' but I've never even had a light frost.

Badge
It was sure Ice this morning. I only get it in the part of the garden with no trees. If I park under the trees then I miss out.
I didn't realise that where you are it is still classified as 'the hills' . Do you get the cold wind there?
Old Sep 1st 2005, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

It was 'only' 24 c today and it is forecast 25c for tomorrow- it is a hard life. Mind you I am so aclimatised that it does not even feel that warm to me yet.
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

Big Bird has a spectacular aura aboutBig Bird has a spectacular aura aboutBig Bird has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Bordy
Woohoooo Winters over for another year, not that you lot in Brissy or Cairns know what Winter is anymore.
Great, so when we arrive at the beginning of December, summer should be in full swing

Looks like I need to ship the ice scraper by the sound of it!

Only 88 days to go

BB
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:49 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Big Bird
Great, so when we arrive at the beginning of December, summer should be in full swing

Looks like I need to ship the ice scraper by the sound of it!

Only 88 days to go

BB
Yeah by December we should be getting a few 30 degrees days. You won't need the ice scraper, its just a very fine film of frost, you could blow it off ( Yikes, am I allowed to say that to? )

Where have you been anyway, not seen you on here for ages.
Old Sep 1st 2005, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

Big Bird has a spectacular aura aboutBig Bird has a spectacular aura aboutBig Bird has a spectacular aura about

Yeah by December we should be getting a few 30 degrees days. You won't need the ice scraper, its just a very fine film of frost, you could blow it off ( Yikes, am I allowed to say that to? )

Where have you been anyway, not seen you on here for ages.
Now be careful Bordy

I've been looking in and seeing whats going on :scared: .

Moved house 3 times, getting rid of cr@p, sorting out paperwork for moving etc etc..

Things have calmed down now.

Just looking forward to leaving work and having a month catching up with mates before leaving.

BB
Old Sep 1st 2005, 2:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Aus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really nice

Typical

While clearing out I threw the ice scrapers out!!! Mind you I hope we don't need one in late September :scared:

Roni
Old Sep 1st 2005, 3:01 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Aus4us
Typical

While clearing out I threw the ice scrapers out!!! Mind you I hope we don't need one in late September :scared:

Roni

Theres a BIG differance between frost in Melbourne & frost in Peebles, about 15 degrees differance.
Old Sep 1st 2005, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

Steve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really nice

Woohoooo Winters over for another year, not that you lot in Brissy or Cairns know what Winter is anymore.

Lets hope all the bickering is over & maybe Sue might even let Megs come back in.
Coldest first day of spring in Perth on record.

And I'm with the moderator
Old Sep 1st 2005, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Aus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really nice

Theres a BIG differance between frost in Melbourne & frost in Peebles, about 15 degrees differance.
Good!!!! I hadn't anticipated any frost!!!

Looking forward to some warm sunny days tho!!! and some
Old Sep 1st 2005, 3:39 pm
Just Joined

big sis has a brilliant futurebig sis has a brilliant futurebig sis has a brilliant futurebig sis has a brilliant futurebig sis has a brilliant futurebig sis has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by helinuk
my neighbours don't complain - (we live behind UKs largest cemetry where Dodi Fayed was 1st buried)
I crashed into the wall of that cemetery when I was learning to drive

Cold start to the day today but driving up the freeway into Perth at lunch time with clear blue sky, Swan River sparkling on the left, Kings Park and city skyline ahead, good music playing, made me feel so glad I'm here
Old Sep 1st 2005, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

G'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud of

Lets hope all the bickering is over & maybe Sue might even let Megs come back in.

Mmm, and the weather even gave us a bit of sunshine!
Old Sep 1st 2005, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Aus4us
Typical

Roni
I was going to throw the snow shovel out, but my husband said 'it would be handy when we went skiing'. I think our 20ft container needs to be a tardis!

Men - why do they keep everything?

BB
Old Sep 1st 2005, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Big Bird
I was going to throw the snow shovel out, but my husband said 'it would be handy when we went skiing'. I think our 20ft container needs to be a tardis!

Men - why do they keep everything?

BB
LOL
Old Sep 1st 2005, 6:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by big sis
I crashed into the wall of that cemetery when I was learning to drive

Cold start to the day today but driving up the freeway into Perth at lunch time with clear blue sky, Swan River sparkling on the left, Kings Park and city skyline ahead, good music playing, made me feel so glad I'm here
Hi- are you from the Woking area?
I have only visited WA once for a holiday and we hired bikes and cycled around Kings park, I loved the view to the River and city.
Old Sep 1st 2005, 9:47 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tinaj
It was 'only' 24 c today and it is forecast 25c for tomorrow- it is a hard life. Mind you I am so aclimatised that it does not even feel that warm to me yet.
I went in the pool yesterday - it must be warming up! :scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.