Fifo Wa

Old May 8th 2007, 3:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

sheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to all
Default Re: Fifo Wa

Originally Posted by nzer57
Like everything surrounding the mines a lot is pure hype. When it comes to the crunch you need the tickets and experience to get your foot in the door.
My other half is used to fi/fo as he worked in Belgium and Eire before we had the kids and is keen to progress this type of work when we move to Oz (he's a Fitter) but he is aware that he's going to have to knock on a lot of doors before he get's in.

Does it work on word of mouth over there - 'my mate knows someone...' etc or does it work on cv's.

As Mick69 has already said it's not as easy as it first seems.

but we'll have to keep sending off the cv's....
Old May 9th 2007, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nzer57
What does he do and what's his experience?
Hes a welder (first class) mig tig stick etc with 20 yrs experience.
Old May 10th 2007, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

Lisa and Lance has a spectacular aura aboutLisa and Lance has a spectacular aura aboutLisa and Lance has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by sheli0508
My other half is used to fi/fo as he worked in Belgium and Eire before we had the kids and is keen to progress this type of work when we move to Oz (he's a Fitter) but he is aware that he's going to have to knock on a lot of doors before he get's in.

Does it work on word of mouth over there - 'my mate knows someone...' etc or does it work on cv's.

As Mick69 has already said it's not as easy as it first seems.

but we'll have to keep sending off the cv's....
Works very much on the "buddy system" rather than CV's. I thought my age, experience and previous long rosters in harsh environments would allow me to walk in to a mining / mining support job out here, sadly not, 30+ applications and two months later still pushing the muck up hill!!

Any mining company / OEM out there in need of a decent Maint Super, Service Manager or Planner.....worth a try.
Old May 10th 2007, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

sheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Lisa and Lance
Works very much on the "buddy system" rather than CV's. I thought my age, experience and previous long rosters in harsh environments would allow me to walk in to a mining / mining support job out here, sadly not, 30+ applications and two months later still pushing the muck up hill!!

Any mining company / OEM out there in need of a decent Maint Super, Service Manager or Planner.....worth a try.
Thanks for the feedback. I think what he'll probably do once we get over is get a job locally and then just keep applying - nothing more he can do really!