Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Favorite mail order website from The UK?

Favorite mail order website from The UK?

Old Apr 23rd 2011, 10:48 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Favorite mail order website from The UK?

Originally Posted by bcworld
You can give it a shot, the worst that can happen is they do the same to you!
Placed an order with JD Sports yesterday and have received an email from them just now to say that the stuff has been despatched
Old May 14th 2011, 1:00 am
BE Enthusiast

rockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud of

Make sure you get yourself an account with www.quidco.com so you can enjoy some cashback from all your UK purchases
Old May 14th 2011, 2:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hawkshaw
I paid $118 for 2 pairs of 501s including delivery but in my neck of the woods they're around $99 to $109 a pair.
Costco in Docklands have 501s for not much. Can't remember the dollar figure.

The con is that there is lots of 36 etc.
Old May 14th 2011, 2:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phat-dave
FYI Costco at Docklands has a tonne of 501's for $48/each
beat me to it....and with price too. I'm best leaving 'shopping' threads alone..
Old May 15th 2011, 12:53 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
Placed an order with JD Sports yesterday and have received an email from them just now to say that the stuff has been despatched
JD Sports turned out to be good, we received the goods just 5 days after despatch

An order with dvd.co.uk took a month from "despatch" to deliver one of the items though. But got it in the end
Old May 18th 2011, 1:26 am
Banned

It still works out cheaper than Australia but has anyone else noticed the prices Next charges to it's Aussie customers are higher than it's UK ones?

But their delivery is free to Australia so it's swings and roundabouts I suppose.
Old May 18th 2011, 3:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

It still works out cheaper than Australia but has anyone else noticed the prices Next charges to it's Aussie customers are higher than it's UK ones?

But their delivery is free to Australia so it's swings and roundabouts I suppose.
Yes but Next dont pay for returns. One of my orders had a pair of jeans that obviously had the wrong size on them (size 32mens but was more like a 40!). Basically was not worth sending them back due to costs.

Gems
Old May 18th 2011, 5:04 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

Amazon for books
Old Jun 1st 2011, 10:24 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Feel I have to mention Galaxy sports again, just had a delivery that took approx 6 days. Runners looked better than they did on the website.
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 4:30 am
Banned

Better get those orders in fast in case/before the free shipping is withdrawn

ASOS shares drop after free clothes shipping hits margins

Australia leads soaring international sales at Asos
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 6:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Better get those orders in fast in case/before the free shipping is withdrawn

ASOS shares drop after free clothes shipping hits margins

Australia leads soaring international sales at Asos
I wonder what the figures for the book depository are.... we get masses of their items through the Post. I'd say they could well be the largest single parcel sending company we deal with at Aus Post. That includes all Aussie companies as well. They've gone way past Readers Digest and Time Life combined. I'd Guesstimate that each Postcode in the North of Melbourne gets at least 40-60 items every night from the Book Depository.

I'd love to see their parcel handling center... must be massive. Aus Post employs over 100 people at the Melbourne Parcel Facility in Ardeer... If the Book Depository freight forwarding division isnt bigger than that, I'd be very surprised. Unless Aus really is getting the lions share of their books ?

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jun 3rd 2011 at 6:57 am.
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 9:36 am
Banned

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
I wonder what the figures for the book depository are.... we get masses of their items through the Post. I'd say they could well be the largest single parcel sending company we deal with at Aus Post. That includes all Aussie companies as well. They've gone way past Readers Digest and Time Life combined. I'd Guesstimate that each Postcode in the North of Melbourne gets at least 40-60 items every night from the Book Depository.

I'd love to see their parcel handling center... must be massive. Aus Post employs over 100 people at the Melbourne Parcel Facility in Ardeer... If the Book Depository freight forwarding division isnt bigger than that, I'd be very surprised. Unless Aus really is getting the lions share of their books ?
That's interesting. Thinking that maybe I've been buying my books at the wrong place I've just performed a search of the three books currently in my Amazon shopping basket. Amazon worked out at around 30% cheaper for each of them. Could it be that Australians are unaware that Amazon is currently doing free postage?
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

nailbite is an unknown quantity at this point

Just tried to place order with Superdrug - reply saying they do not deliver to Australia??
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 1:21 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by nailbite
Just tried to place order with Superdrug - reply saying they do not deliver to Australia??
Not all of the UK shops ship to Australia. Take a look further back on this thread to identify those that do
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 1:34 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

where can i order mail order brides?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.